Stupid Questions Thread- No Question too stupid! I promise!

Do you think this thread is helping with unneeded threads from popping up?

• Yes! less threads asking common or stupid stuff

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No. but Like the idea

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • NO! Hate everything about this thread!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

zmore

Apr 25, 2011
NYC
have to answ
Theres a little pink bunny beating on a big bass drum. The faster he beats the more electricity your battery puts out. When he gets tired you plug your phone up so he can rest. You know he's well rested when you see 100%. Then he does it all over again. Amazing.

Amazing times we live in with miniature pink robot bunnies keeping our phones running! Wish my eyes were smaller so I could see inside of the battery and say "HI BUNNAY! THANKYOU!" :)

Someone else will have to answer your dry ice question. dry ice floats

It floats?! Are you thinking what I'm thinking? If we strap some ice to our phone and hold on tight we can float up to the cottoncandy clouds and eat all we want! Yum

Bubba

Dec 31, 2011
Hell ( I've taken over. Come on down.)

LMAO thanks. Exactly what I am entitled to.
Clicked you thanks for the much needed laugh.

http://www.google.com/

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Whatever your into.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Of course we are:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

ShadyAce80

Jan 16, 2012
Milaca area, MN
Ok so I've read couple thousand post today searching for answers. So far I think I have everything figured out except "device status." is it possible to get it back to normal if it says modified?

Reactions: waiters

Wild Weasel

Aug 22, 2012
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2att" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2att' E:Error in /sdcard/PA-1.99.1-d2att-8-10.zip (Status 7) "installation aborted"

trying to install Paranoid android 1.99.1 to my S3 from CMW 5.5.0.4, and I keep getting this error message, it simply fails straight away.

I cleared the cache and such before I attempted installing this ROM. Im using the right PAranoid Android ROM that is most up to date, and for my phone.

what am I doing wrong?

There's a thread about this, and everyone is just saying use CWM which I have.

Last edited:

valefour

Sep 18, 2011
Is it better to wipe your butt front-to-back, or back-to-front? TIA.

(no question too stupid)

It's better if you actually wipe both ways. For example, when washing your hands, do you rub them in only one direction? I don't believe you do, you go back and forth(and round and round sometimes). Wiping only one way is not going to get your butt completely clean. If possible, use a "wipee" after wiping with normal toilet paper, it helps complete the cleaning. Example, it you got poo on your hand, you wouldn't clean it by just wiping it off with a dry piece of paper, you'd use soap or at least water.
Don't forget though, before trying any of this, do a nandroid backup!! In case anything goes wrong. (=

ThisBeMySignatureMatieee!

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "d2att" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "d2att' E:Error in /sdcard/PA-1.99.1-d2att-8-10.zip (Status 7) "installation aborted"

trying to install Paranoid android 1.99.1 to my S3 from CMW 5.5.0.4, and I keep getting this error message, it simply fails straight away.

I cleared the cache and such before I attempted installing this ROM. Im using the right PAranoid Android ROM that is most up to date, and for my phone.

what am I doing wrong?

Update cwm with ROM manager

Reactions: Wild Weasel

Wild Weasel

Aug 22, 2012
Update cwm with ROM manager

h[remove this]ttp://i.imgur.c[remove this]om/sYt9f.png

ROM manager doesnt support the S III for installing CWM as far as I can tell. I was told to install CWM originally this way yesterday, but I couldnt so I learned how to do it the manual way with ADB. The CWM install guide was written in july and linked me to the 5.5 CWM build, I assume it's been updated since then?

If I have 5.5 installed, is simply installing the new version over top of the old version with the same method the correct way to do it?

Last edited:

Bubba

Dec 31, 2011
Hell ( I've taken over. Come on down.)

what am I doing wrong?

Not sure if that is a JB rom ... But when I installed JB on my infuse, I got that error. It did not however affect the flashing. It worked fine afterwards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Froid

waiters

Nov 9, 2011
This thread is perfect for me!

So on my sgs2 I didn't have this problem.. I'm just trying to organize icons.. Move an icon from Page to Page..

That's it..

How can I do it?

It seems the only way to swap pages while selection an icon is to hold the icon on its very edge and move it to the side of the screen... Only.. You also have to pray. And pray.. And pray because it only goes to the next Window once every 10 tries..

Is there an easy way to move icons from screen to screen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

ShadyAce80

Jan 16, 2012
Milaca area, MN
This thread is perfect for me!

So on my sgs2 I didn't have this problem.. I'm just trying to organize icons.. Move an icon from Page to Page..

That's it..

How can I do it?

It seems the only way to swap pages while selection an icon is to hold the icon on its very edge and move it to the side of the screen... Only.. You also have to pray. And pray.. And pray because it only goes to the next Window once every 10 tries..

Is there an easy way to move icons from screen to screen?

enable motions and you can tilt the screen once you have the icon selected and it will switch screens. Settings>motion>Pan to move icon

Reactions: waiters

waiters

Nov 9, 2011
enable motions and you can tilt the screen once you have the icon selected and it will switch screens. Settings>motion>Pan to move icon

Omg!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! Now I can organize my icons!!!! :)

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Just enabling that let me move icons from screen to screen with only my finger again.. I can "drag it" to the next screen like before!

Wild Weasel

Aug 22, 2012
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1829042

Since its a stupid question thread, i guess it includes stupid answers on my part.

thanks, though all that thread is telling me to do is use CWM which I have, and actually installed with that method, apparently I have the latest CWM too.

Damn, I've done everything right as far as I can tell. If I simply do the same process of installing CWM again would that "reinstall" it? I might try that.

Last edited:

Wild Weasel

Aug 22, 2012
Reinstalled a version of CWM from the devleoper's blog, not some other blog, in hopes the file I was using was outdated or something.

No, **** still crashes on install. Not like I rooted my phone improperly, followed the noob guide to the letter. using the most up to date CWM, which functions properly, I can make backups and restore effectively. Anyone here with a Roger's S III that has Paranoidandroid 1.99.1 installed here? Perhaps there's some anomaly that makes it impossible on this very specific phone? I think im tired of fiddling with this, can anyone suggest some good and stable custom ROM? sorry im new I dont know what's good, and whats unstable and bad.

Last edited:

Jirv311

Mar 30, 2008
Johnstown
thanks, though all that thread is telling me to do is use CWM which I have, and actually installed with that method, apparently I have the latest CWM too.

Damn, I've done everything right as far as I can tell. If I simply do the same process of installing CWM again would that "reinstall" it? I might try that.

ROM Manager does support the GS3. Install that and let it install the latest CWM which is version 6.0 something. Then it will flash fine. Well, as long as you have a good download of the ROM.

Reactions: Wild Weasel

Wild Weasel

Aug 22, 2012
ROM Manager does support the GS3. Install that and let it install the latest CWM which is version 6.0 something. Then it will flash fine. Well, as long as you have a good download of the ROM.

right, im running the free version of rom manager, I assume that the paid version supports the S 3 or something?

any other way to get 6.0 CMW?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for those who have what they may feel is a stupid or simple question. Please read through the thread and use the search first. I know Google doesn't always like to make it easy to find answers, so lets work together to give answers where we can. And please remember you will be reported for flaming others.

Remember, the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask.

Thanks goes to lumin30 for coming up with this idea. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494423
    Hi.

What do batteries run on?

Also, if I melt some dry ice, can I liquid cool my phone without it getting wet?
    have to answ
    Theres a little pink bunny beating on a big bass drum. The faster he beats the more electricity your battery puts out. When he gets tired you plug your phone up so he can rest. You know he's well rested when you see 100%. Then he does it all over again. Amazing. Someone else will have to answer your dry ice question. dry ice floats
    have to answ
    Theres a little pink bunny beating on a big bass drum. The faster he beats the more electricity your battery puts out. When he gets tired you plug your phone up so he can rest. You know he's well rested when you see 100%. Then he does it all over again. Amazing.

Amazing times we live in with miniature pink robot bunnies keeping our phones running! Wish my eyes were smaller so I could see inside of the battery and say "HI BUNNAY! THANKYOU!" :)

Someone else will have to answer your dry ice question. dry ice floats

It floats?! Are you thinking what I'm thinking? If we strap some ice to our phone and hold on tight we can float up to the cottoncandy clouds and eat all we want! Yum
    Is there a way to mute/remove the freaking annoying chime/bell sound that the dialer makes when connecting the the line when dialing a number ?
    open dialer, hit menu, settings/call alert/call status tones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi.

What do batteries run on?

Also, if I melt some dry ice, can I liquid cool my phone without it getting wet?