[APP][FREE][V1.3] Droid Over Wifi

Search This thread

DmitriL

Oct 11, 2013
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmitril.droidoverwifi

What's New
v1.3
- finally setting menu is available
- automatically generate 5 char pin code every time Droid Over Wifi starts, feature can be disabled
- change port number in setting menu

No wires, no drivers, no cables, no bluetooth only WiFi on a fresh air and browser to connect your Android device with desktop or laptop or even another android device with Droid Over Wifi app installed!
One button to start. Transfer, view, stream, rename, move, delete files and folders immediately over WiFi with any Browser and any OS.

Features
• MediaView feature enables on the fly filter content and display video and audio files contained in current folder. You can stream full screen Mpeg4, Ogg and WebM videos directly from your phone and meanwhile view your photos in other tab of the browser.
gJu9-0wzeOKvQtgSw3DBcoovduS6rJIDLzAQHOWW1F-1Ms71d6-qwuUiBOxtdq69NB7N=h900-rw

• Folder Size feature quickly counts size of folders and displays it with nice visually graphs along with files.
vgIbIkMH9N7oxccLPrUwAXLY2fAfThn_g8PN7eNv_o87WktDYfu5LUfSY5Q5o7XR9_Wd=h900-rw

• Upload multiple files at once with no size limit. Progress is visible in real time of each concrete file.
TFgEYarmDNCp87sr9Rs8m3Pn4d94fDhO0uzDK6jAiW3jKyNYTEjra2255I3Xj_lbgu6H=h900-rw

• Upload drag and drop multiple files at once
UiKWa7HxUfByEUA58L0WRiMboi-YeHUzOpB-rfEaaUwjQ1s1lRasvXy8-SXjPT810q6o=h900-rw

• Download multiple files at one with no size limit. Multiple file download feature is automatically packing selected files into ZIP file and offered for download.
sa_YhrwXRtm3OrolMDHvHoTCFRsNS19xSm5hssSZjmPR2uAw0v96gwdgKhdJBjZ1rfE=h900-rw

• Move files and folders with smart auto-complete feature
OmugLe6qGp1N3_BH9C2Bzgyxheo0RraTzJo4D-euX3OL3pBu-VEGXU6fXiP6Xt_2u4Q=h900-rw

• Create, Rename and Delete files and folders in easy and straightforward way with keyboard and mouse
D5xTssCncjWRnkfVf2w1aeTotcvRio-k3aXzwTOCbmR3XGwS5RcvXZk74gfBMj2vjjy2=h900-rw
\

• Auto pin code generation every time Droid Over Wifi starts
KejrMcZsePh-rejUUnKQ1q3TGtu3xrhpptOzcWPE6LymUyStaiGh3f6y4TR5VVvWXmwC=h900-rw

• Setting menu
-UmPpXkLh__cDYROKqbJ0cQZfEmvHs4XJjnOOHEkY9eYK8a64pFk1zMrVayRRWyt8s_L=h900-rw

NOTE
• HTML 5 compatible web browser and internet connection are required. For best experience use Google Chrome.
• Android device with Droid Over WiFi enabled and desktop or laptop should be on the same WiFi network. This mean connected to same router or access point.
LIMITATIONS
• Droid Over WiFi has no limits, push it to the limits! Transfer files over wifi of any size and in any quantity.

Attachments

• DroidOverWifi.apk
    335.7 KB · Views: 5,610
Last edited:

DmitriL

Oct 11, 2013
v1.3.1 available:
- added app button for access settings, previously setting could be accessed only by phones with hardware Menu button
- MediaView button can now display only checked(selected with checkbox) images! If nothing is checked all will be displayed

Corey-

Jan 13, 2011
Hamburg
Aweome app dude - great work!! :)
Will it be possible to download complete folders, instead of zipping them and then downloading ?

waqar89

Feb 14, 2013
Karachi
Awesome man.. Great JOB, Rep added :).
Very convenient and light app. much better than Airdroid.

Last edited:

saphirrot

Aug 28, 2010
OnePlus 12
AWESOMEEEEE MATE !!!! thats almost the perfect apk to drag and drop files from and to your device...

BUT :

- i would like to drag and drop files ( which are already in the phone ) from one folder to another, without clicking the box and click on "move". ( just like click and hold the item and drag and drop it to the folder )

- Media View is awesome, but really slow because it wants to show a little preview... thats my solution : the programm should only load the preview of the file, which you can see in the window you are scroling , not every file which you cannot see ....

- why dont you add some ads ? Who the hell cares ? You just need to ON/OFF the app, so nobody has to cry and you ll probably get some money for your hard work !
(sorry for that horrible english )

Last edited:

nickpraeger

Aug 27, 2010
very nice app

Brilliant. Nicely implemented media playback although I'd prefer if I could play with a local app rather than inside the browser.
Could you make it work with a wired Ethernet connection as well as wifi? Thanks

Krillen

Jan 4, 2014
The app is great I love it. I would however like it is there was a logout/sign out button, a way to clear recently uploaded files and get rid of the link to the app on the Play Store. Other then those changes the app is great. It does all I would ever really want it to do pretty quickly and easy to use too.

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie
Love the idea
Love the layout and design

Is there anyway to set it up to a computer that's using the same internet but is wired into the router as opposed to wirelessly?
I can't get it to connect because I don't have a wireless card on my PC.

saikoz

Aug 10, 2010
what is different from airdroid?
can you add support for folder upload + drag/drag support for folder ?

McGrady

Aug 18, 2009
thanks for dev this nice app ;)
i will use and test it... befor this app i use wifi file transfer but this app looks be nicer!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmitril.droidoverwifi

What's New
    v1.3
    - finally setting menu is available
    - automatically generate 5 char pin code every time Droid Over Wifi starts, feature can be disabled
    - change port number in setting menu

No wires, no drivers, no cables, no bluetooth only WiFi on a fresh air and browser to connect your Android device with desktop or laptop or even another android device with Droid Over Wifi app installed!
    One button to start. Transfer, view, stream, rename, move, delete files and folders immediately over WiFi with any Browser and any OS.

Features
    • MediaView feature enables on the fly filter content and display video and audio files contained in current folder. You can stream full screen Mpeg4, Ogg and WebM videos directly from your phone and meanwhile view your photos in other tab of the browser.
    gJu9-0wzeOKvQtgSw3DBcoovduS6rJIDLzAQHOWW1F-1Ms71d6-qwuUiBOxtdq69NB7N=h900-rw

• Folder Size feature quickly counts size of folders and displays it with nice visually graphs along with files.
    vgIbIkMH9N7oxccLPrUwAXLY2fAfThn_g8PN7eNv_o87WktDYfu5LUfSY5Q5o7XR9_Wd=h900-rw

• Upload multiple files at once with no size limit. Progress is visible in real time of each concrete file.
    TFgEYarmDNCp87sr9Rs8m3Pn4d94fDhO0uzDK6jAiW3jKyNYTEjra2255I3Xj_lbgu6H=h900-rw

• Upload drag and drop multiple files at once
    UiKWa7HxUfByEUA58L0WRiMboi-YeHUzOpB-rfEaaUwjQ1s1lRasvXy8-SXjPT810q6o=h900-rw

• Download multiple files at one with no size limit. Multiple file download feature is automatically packing selected files into ZIP file and offered for download.
    sa_YhrwXRtm3OrolMDHvHoTCFRsNS19xSm5hssSZjmPR2uAw0v96gwdgKhdJBjZ1rfE=h900-rw

• Move files and folders with smart auto-complete feature
    OmugLe6qGp1N3_BH9C2Bzgyxheo0RraTzJo4D-euX3OL3pBu-VEGXU6fXiP6Xt_2u4Q=h900-rw

• Create, Rename and Delete files and folders in easy and straightforward way with keyboard and mouse
    D5xTssCncjWRnkfVf2w1aeTotcvRio-k3aXzwTOCbmR3XGwS5RcvXZk74gfBMj2vjjy2=h900-rw
    \

• Auto pin code generation every time Droid Over Wifi starts
    KejrMcZsePh-rejUUnKQ1q3TGtu3xrhpptOzcWPE6LymUyStaiGh3f6y4TR5VVvWXmwC=h900-rw

• Setting menu
    -UmPpXkLh__cDYROKqbJ0cQZfEmvHs4XJjnOOHEkY9eYK8a64pFk1zMrVayRRWyt8s_L=h900-rw

NOTE
    • HTML 5 compatible web browser and internet connection are required. For best experience use Google Chrome.
    • Android device with Droid Over WiFi enabled and desktop or laptop should be on the same WiFi network. This mean connected to same router or access point.
    LIMITATIONS
    • Droid Over WiFi has no limits, push it to the limits! Transfer files over wifi of any size and in any quantity.
    Where is the app??

Sent from my Micromax A116 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sorry forgot to add a link :)
    Added Google Play link!
    @DmitriL could you upload the APK and attach it?

BTW, your work will be featured in the portal pretty soon :good:
    WoW! Thanks,

APK is attached.

Can you add it to the 1st post? :)
    Epic app.. Brilliant.. Amazing... Superb... Awesome.. Fantastic.. Sexy.. The best and one of the most important apps for me.. Amazing.. No other word..

By far one of the best apps featured on xda portal

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk