Pre Ordering Samsung Tab S

Search This thread

fergymac

Apr 22, 2009
Moving over to a Tab S 10.5" from a Note Pro 12.2" not much different in the display size but my arms will appreciate the weight difference and my eyes will LOVE Netflix HD.... Sears has a SWEET DEAL on preorder right now 105.00 back and FREE Tab S Book cover ? thinking if I should wait around on the 32GB Version though ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

brizey

Aug 6, 2011
Moving over to a Tab S 10.5" from a Note Pro 12.2" not much different in the display size but my arms will appreciate the weight difference and my eyes will LOVE Netflix HD.... Sears has a SWEET DEAL on preorder right now 105.00 back and FREE Tab S Book cover ? thinking if I should wait around on the 32GB Version though ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I think this is the first post in this forum.

Definitely would like at least 32 GB. Leaning more towards the 8.4". We have a 10" tablet, and it is just too big to use one handed. And by use, I mean hold.

TonyBigs

Apr 14, 2011
The weight of both tablet is relatively low. The AMOLED screen makes for a thin tablet. The ahead-of-its-time GT-P6800 7.7 tablet is amazingly thin and solid. It's still a good tablet for media playing and web surfing.

Jadefalkon

Nov 10, 2011
I just pre ordered the 10.5 32gb version from Best buy, I wonder how they pulled the exclusive with the 32gb. I'm in the process of putting some sample files on a flash drive to test on one of the display models. Best buy also has the bronze and white book covers for 39.99 rather than 69.99. Glad I decided to wait for the release and didn't open my Note Pro, it's already on it's way back to Samsung.

Edit: So I went and tested two video files at the local Best Buy, Pacific Rim 1080p 12gb mkv high encoding 19 quality and Timescapes mp4 2560x1440. The picture on this tablet is amazing especially the nature scenes in the Timescapes file. The stock player was able to player both files with no skips or jitters.

Last edited:

Mr Dasher

Jan 10, 2011
I pre ordered the 8.4 from Future Shop (Canada). I am keeping my Note Pro 12.2 as my home unit, the 8.4 as my traveler (Read in bed) and Nexus 5 as my phone. I have no problems with a 16 gig unit. I used the savings and bought a 64 gig microsd. After being burned by Samsung in the past ie.. software updates and coming from a Nexus background I was hesitant to purchase the 12.2 but I have to admit that it has been a nice experience. The first tablet I haven't bothered to root. I think the 8.4 will be even better. Of course I will be keeping my eyes on this year's Google IO conference just in case they mythical Google 8 is announced. I just need to find a case and glass screen protector.

everlast716

Mar 24, 2011
I am really tempted by this new tab

Especially since I sold my Nexus 7 2013 FHD, I really would like to replace that with the new 8.4 Tab S. I miss reading books and browsing the web on my couch or bed. I don't really care for the aesthetics mainly due to the placement of the buttons, it's just weird having the phone layout of buttons on a huge tablet, I prefer to have them on the sides of the device. Not a deal breaker though. I'm just torn on whether to buy this 8.4 through amazon as I have a gift card there for 300 bucks or save a little more and wait for the new Nexus 8 or Nexus 10 if they ever announce them. I have a galaxy note 3 and being a phablet I thought it would be sufficient enough in size to not miss my nexus 7 but I was wrong. The one thing I hate about Samsung is the bloatware and difficulty in rooting the device due to knox and voiding the warranty. I'd prefer to wait for a tablet using either the tegra 4 K1(32 bit) chip or the tegra k1 (64 bit) chip because the games on it would be fabulous, but like I said I am just itching to replace my tablet I dearly miss and this samsung galaxy tab S looks very promising...Woe me :confused:

avenging

Sep 28, 2013
for some reason the smartwatches here in bahrain and saudi are more expensive than in the US but the phones and phablets are cheaper, wonder which range this tab s prices will be here

coresplinter

Oct 23, 2010
I preordered this online on bestbuy (in canada) because when I went to do it in stores their system didn't let them help me. is this normal? anyway if you preorder from bestbuy canada they give you the folio case for free as well I believe and theres a lexar 64gb thats on sale for 70 bucks off until the 19th...

meboy

Jul 2, 2009
Noticed BestBuy, Futureshop, Staples in Canada all bumped their dates back to July 4th right away. Was saying June 26 for the first day or two. Amazon still says June 26.
I wonder if it will get bumped again. I've had horrible experience ordering online from bestbuy and futureshop. I'd try staples next if they had the free cover offer too.

dilgit

Apr 13, 2010
I ordered the 10.5 white from Samsung store for $499, including Samsung's book cover case worth $69.99 as a gift... They promised 1 July delivery.

darnone

Jun 18, 2014
I preordered this online on bestbuy (in canada) because when I went to do it in stores their system didn't let them help me. is this normal? anyway if you preorder from bestbuy canada they give you the folio case for free as well I believe and theres a lexar 64gb thats on sale for 70 bucks off until the 19th...

What color folio case did you select?
On both bestbuy.ca and futureshop.ca, only 3 colors (brown, blue, and white) are available for free.
When I add the charcoal black one to my cart, it shows up as full price.

I was going to go into the store to ask for the black one, but your posts makes it sound like they won't be able to do much.

linkhunter

May 16, 2012
copenhagen
i gonna get Tab S and is first time i buy a tablet lol and i got a plan with the bills for it 24 months payment plan. 1 GB data for 6 months after that i stop. i gonna order a sim card and which is linked with my phone data on my phone got 10 GB each months. what you guys think lol

Mr Dasher

Jan 10, 2011
Would anyone consider getting this tablet over the new samsung galaxy tab s? I dont know what to expect if I buy a chinese tablet vs a brand I know? http://www.geekbuying.com/item/iFiv...a-2048-1536-Touch-Screen-2GB-16GB-328854.html

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I started my tablet buying addiction with Chinese tablets - lol. I have owned a number of Chinese tablets , TV sticks and TV boxes. My advice is to save yourself a lot of grief and buy a name brand tablet from a recognized retailer. There are a number of issues to consider. 1) The RK3288 looks like a good chip but Rockchip is notorious for producing buggy versions of Android. I know I currently own two Rockchip devices and if it wasn't for a dedicated user base debugging and producing custom ROM's, the devices would be useless. 2) If your tablet has a hardware defect you would have to ship it all the way back to China - usually at your own expense. It could take months to get it sorted out. 3) Chinese manufacturers tend not to support devices once they are originally released and since these Chinese tablets don't usually appear on XDA you are left on your own. 4) Many Chinese Companies quickly disappear for no notice. 5) You'll be kicking yourself for not spending that extra money for that great Tab S display.

If you do by Chinese then Geekbuying is a reliable place. They have always been good to me.

Hope this help,

D

Reactions: everlast716

meboy

Jul 2, 2009
What color folio case did you select?
On both bestbuy.ca and futureshop.ca, only 3 colors (brown, blue, and white) are available for free.
When I add the charcoal black one to my cart, it shows up as full price.

I was going to go into the store to ask for the black one, but your posts makes it sound like they won't be able to do much.

Staples.ca is offering the Black one only for free. Not selectable. Go figure.

perigee

Apr 7, 2006
I just bought a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition. It's really nice and I actually like the S-Pen more than I thought I would... however, I'm thinking of returning it to get a Tab S instead.

From what I see, the specs are really close between the two tablets. Main differences appear to be the AMOLED screen and slightly thinner/lighter Tab S ... but then I lose the S-Pen. Both AMOLED and scLCD screens seem to perform nicely, so that's a matter of preference I guess. I have a Galaxy S5 and the scLCD on the Note side-by-side to my S5 AMOLED screen looks pretty close.

Thoughts? Do you think the Tab S will be that much better than something like the Note 2014?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update on root! Towelroot does not work, but cf root works great. Just use the files from the note 10.1 2014, flash in Odin, walla....root!
    Best Buy offers the 10.5 32GB for pre-order as an "exclusive".
    Would anyone consider getting this tablet over the new samsung galaxy tab s? I dont know what to expect if I buy a chinese tablet vs a brand I know? http://www.geekbuying.com/item/iFiv...a-2048-1536-Touch-Screen-2GB-16GB-328854.html

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I started my tablet buying addiction with Chinese tablets - lol. I have owned a number of Chinese tablets , TV sticks and TV boxes. My advice is to save yourself a lot of grief and buy a name brand tablet from a recognized retailer. There are a number of issues to consider. 1) The RK3288 looks like a good chip but Rockchip is notorious for producing buggy versions of Android. I know I currently own two Rockchip devices and if it wasn't for a dedicated user base debugging and producing custom ROM's, the devices would be useless. 2) If your tablet has a hardware defect you would have to ship it all the way back to China - usually at your own expense. It could take months to get it sorted out. 3) Chinese manufacturers tend not to support devices once they are originally released and since these Chinese tablets don't usually appear on XDA you are left on your own. 4) Many Chinese Companies quickly disappear for no notice. 5) You'll be kicking yourself for not spending that extra money for that great Tab S display.

If you do by Chinese then Geekbuying is a reliable place. They have always been good to me.

Hope this help,

D
    I will wait and see if the Nexus 8 is real and see if I like it more than Tab S 8.4" before I buy the Tab S 8.4" from Amazon+tax free.
    Do you know if OLED screens can suffer from light bleed like and IPS LCD? I. Thought I read that was not an issue and if true, for me at least, would compensate for color saturation. I've never seen an OLED screen before so would have to see for myself before buying.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Lightbleed and uneven black uniformity caused from backlight... which AMOLED display doesn't have. Each pixel emits lights vs. Backlight goes through color filter(LCD).