[ROM][HC][3.2.1] Ideapad K1 Rooted + CWM (14_14_120109 build)

Search This thread

khanning88

Apr 10, 2010
USA
Greetings,

This is a rooted Rom for the Lenovo Ideapad K1. It also includes CWM version 5.5.0.4.

Original Thread at Rootz

-Already rooted with the latest version of Superuser.apk
-Google Apps
-build.prop changes to spoof Motorola Xoom (Was missing many apps from the market before, i.e. GTA III)
-Lenovo Market Removed
-Based off the 14_14_120109 US update
-Android Terminal Emulator
-OI File Manager
-Reboot to Recovery Widget/App
-init.d support

screenshot.jpg

Flash at your own risk. I am in no way responsible for any damage done to your device. This will wipe your entire device except the EXTERNAL sdcard.

If you are using Windows make sure you have installed the APX drivers before continuing.

Nvflash Windows Drivers
md5sum: 9aa3a4814ca63366329d85a22ed01f64

To boot into APX mode
1. Power off
2. Hold down the Vol - and the Vol +
3. While holding the Volume keys down, Power on
4. The display should go black, and both LED's on either side of the home button should light up. This is APX mode. If using Windows make sure the drivers are installed

Instructions

Windows

1. Extract the K1_Stock_120109_nvflash_R2.zip contents to a directory

2. Double click the "flash-windows.bat" file

Linux

2. Open a terminal and cd into the extracted directory

3. Copy and paste the following command
Code:
chmod a+x ./flash-linux.sh && chmod a+x ./files/nvflash

4. Run either
Code:
sudo ./flash-linux.sh
or from a root prompt
Code:
./flash-linux.sh

CWM Controls
Power = Back (Any submenu), Toggle Display (Main Menu),
Vol+ = Highlight Up
Vol- = Highlight Down
Home = Select

To boot into recovery
You can now use the built in app or widget to reboot to recovery
**Superuser may crash during the first couple of reboots to recovery. Dont worry
Or run 'k1recovery' from the terminal or adb

Notes
If you try to flash any of the OTA update.zip's, it will probably work, but you will be shut out of CWM and will not be able to get back in unless you reflash everything via nvflash

Downloads

K1_CWM_120109_Rooted_nvflash_R2.zip
md5: dc5264c761e96f9fb9f240924cf60217

K1_CWM_120109_M_GE_Rooted.zip
md5: 280e18ecf837bf030f0a0fe83ec3e824

updater_120109_R2.zip
md5: 48cb5fefac3dcfcb89cddde501ac3e27

updater_120109_M_GE_R2.zip
md5: ef45437e57d257e54054cf9b70a0fcd8

Honeycomb_statusbar_120109.zip - Idea by Shaztech
md5: df290cfd0125f1dde2255a8518cd493f
Restores the default Honeycomb Status Bar, with the favorites button hidden.
To Install:
1. Put the Honeycomb_statusbar_120109.zip on the external sd card storage (Internal will not work)
2. Boot into recovery (via Widget or App)
3. Go to install .zip from sdcard
4. Choose Honeycomb_statusbar_120109.zip and flash.

ThirdPartyAppsRestore.zip - People report loosing market apps after using this. Removing link until I have time to test
md5: dd3ed7584c4c4813277ec96f55e4023a
Restores all the third party apps that came with the stock Rom.
To install:
1. Put the ThirdPartyAppsRestore.zip on the external sd card storage (Internal will not work)
4. Choose ThirdPartyAppsRestore.zip and flash.
If you want to remove any of the third party apps you can remove the apk from /data/app/temp

The device tree used to port CWM is posted in my github.
http://github.com/khanning

I will be in Freenode IRC room #ideapad-k1 if anyone wants to discuss development and to answer any questions.

Last edited:

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
Flashing this ROM. Finally taking a plunge to root the device - can't wait! :)

So far, the process has been simple and sweet - hope the entire flashing and post flashing process experience is sweet too!!

Thanks Khanning for such a quick turn-around to my request :)

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Ok, it really was extremely simple. I'm rooted with a 14_14 and EXTREMELY happy! This opens multiple doors for me with this device now. Thanks again Khanning - you'r the man!!

Last edited:

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
Thanks for the heads up, will try this out on mine, it has been quite limiting so far....

Any idea on how to change the country? Am in the UK so rather connect to the UK market etc.... Thanks

Adrixan

Feb 6, 2008
Hi, I got a European IdeaPad with integrated HSDPA and after flashing your rom, it doesn't show the 3g connectivity anymore, what can I do?

Please help!

Edit:
I also can't restore the original OTA .zip download from Lenovo because thet ablet isn't recognized as a K1 anymore! :'(

Last edited:

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
Thanks for the heads up, will try this out on mine, it has been quite limiting so far....

Any idea on how to change the country? Am in the UK so rather connect to the UK market etc.... Thanks

Try Market Enabler, that might help with the market region, although not sure since that probably uses gsm values to trick the market..

Sent from my HTC Vision

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
Hi, I got a European IdeaPad with integrated HSDPA and after flashing your rom, it doesn't show the 3g connectivity anymore, what can I do?

Please help!

Edit:
I also can't restore the original OTA .zip download from Lenovo because thet ablet isn't recognized as a K1 anymore! :'(

That's because on this ROM, the tablet is cloaked to work as a Xoom tablet for full app compatibility on the market. If you can change that on the build.prop (I think that's where it is) manually, it should accept it.

Although like I was told the OTA aren't full version of the ROMS, you might want to find and use the full version? Just a thought - more experienced users can give better suggestions.

Sent from my HTC Vision

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
Try Market Enabler, that might help with the market region, although not sure since that probably uses gsm values to trick the market..

Sent from my HTC Vision

Will try that as is, since it currently thinks I am in America etc....

This includes google maps.... It will start off in USA then jump to the UK.....
Some websites seem to go to .com instead of sticking to co.uk......
Summer time started at the weekend here but the tablet did not change the time.....

Any idea what I can do for those problems? Thanks.....

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
Will try that as is, since it currently thinks I am in America etc....

This includes google maps.... It will start off in USA then jump to the UK.....
Some websites seem to go to .com instead of sticking to co.uk......
Summer time started at the weekend here but the tablet did not change the time.....

Any idea what I can do for those problems? Thanks.....

Try disabling the Geolocation option, you should find that under -
Settings -> Location and Security -> "Use location for Google Search" and "Use GPS Satellites" (try disabling these option).

Last edited:

dc52317

Dec 17, 2010
Awesome

This was the easiest install I think I have came across for an android rooting method. Runs so much smoother now. does the status bar write over and remove the lenovo bar? Any issues, thinking I am going to run this. Has anyone ran any performance tweaks, V6supercharge etc. Any benefit? Running much better now.

I did notice all my google apps updated to Play versions but the market still has not changed to the google play icon or version. Do i need to do a wipe cache etc?

Last edited:

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
This was the easiest install I think I have came across for an android rooting method. Runs so much smoother now. does the status bar write over and remove the lenovo bar? Any issues, thinking I am going to run this. Has anyone ran any performance tweaks, V6supercharge etc. Any benefit? Running much better now.

I did notice all my google apps updated to Play versions but the market still has not changed to the google play icon or version. Do i need to do a wipe cache etc?

Am running autokiller memory optimizer and it definitely made the device faster. Also the free memory has been behaving nicely.

I flashed the stock staus bar too, ii have felt, this made the device faster too. The lenovo bar was pretty slow and would hang pretty frequently.

I have also change the home launcher to Go launcher ex, feels better and more standard as I have this on other devices too. Love the inbuilt task manager on go launcher.

I yet have to try out V6, would love to see the results. Although as earlier suggested by Khanning, delete the /data/firstboot folder prior to trying else the device won't be able to rebuild your Dalvik cache. I wouldn't try it without making a backup using CWM, incase it messes up and you need to revert.

Let me know the results if you try out V6.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Vision

dc52317

Dec 17, 2010
I will probably start with some of the tweaks you mentioned before I attempt any v6 type adjustments. Have you or anyone tried ROM toolbox for adjusting memory, build prop, etc. I have used this on my Droid INcredible, and works great but there is a good amount of information on the settings people have been using on phones. Thanks for the information.

Am running autokiller memory optimizer and it definitely made the device faster. Also the free memory has been behaving nicely.

I flashed the stock staus bar too, ii have felt, this made the device faster too. The lenovo bar was pretty slow and would hang pretty frequently.

I have also change the home launcher to Go launcher ex, feels better and more standard as I have this on other devices too. Love the inbuilt task manager on go launcher.

I yet have to try out V6, would love to see the results. Although as earlier suggested by Khanning, delete the /data/firstboot folder prior to trying else the device won't be able to rebuild your Dalvik cache. I wouldn't try it without making a backup using CWM, incase it messes up and you need to revert.

Let me know the results if you try out V6.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Vision

rezapatel

Nov 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
OnePlus 8T
I will probably start with some of the tweaks you mentioned before I attempt any v6 type adjustments. Have you or anyone tried ROM toolbox for adjusting memory, build prop, etc. I have used this on my Droid INcredible, and works great but there is a good amount of information on the settings people have been using on phones. Thanks for the information.

Haven't used rom toolbox to make any custom adjustments to the build.prop, but technically if it makes changes to the build.prop file, its pretty much the same risk of a bootloop as trying out v6. Just that it can be controlled by inducing one tweak / value at a time. You can also take a backup of the files and push the originals using adb.

I really wouldn't all that effort unless I find lots of free time soon :)

But pls do share your experience, most specifically modifying the build.prop and deleting the dalvik cache (and having it rebuild on startup). If this works, I will plunge in and try out other stuff.

P.S. I am now using RAM Manager Pro and feel, this has made the device much snappier. Experiencing the same snappiness on my HTC Vision too. So far, I feel its performing much better than v6 or akmo.

Sent from my HTC Vision

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
Installed the rom and its nice and snappy....
Can someone give a break down to wipe the dalvik cache please?
Got the can't install app from market problem to and I guess that is the way to fix it, to delete it?
Thanks.

dc52317

Dec 17, 2010
ANY idea why I can't boot recovery to sdcard? Just dcim, android, and data folders

Last edited:

bswogger

May 15, 2009
no usb connection to xp

I loaded rom and Honeycomb status bar fix. The speed and root is nice. But i just noticed I can not get a usb connection to be recognized by my windows machine, so I can copy over backup'd files.

Anybody know what needs to be done to restore USB connection? Is it because the device is no longer K1 and is now Xoom that it wont work wth lenovo usb drivers?

Please help. Thanx.

khanning88

Apr 10, 2010
USA
Last edited:
Reactions: Twist79

Twist79

Jul 16, 2011
Vienna
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
Feedback for the DE Version.

look like rooted on the first look.
Superuser app installs fine.

BUT: Apps don't get super user rights. superuser cant update itself and busybox pro complains it cant install because it does not get superuser rights.

So on the second look...no it does not work right.:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,

This is a rooted Rom for the Lenovo Ideapad K1. It also includes CWM version 5.5.0.4.

Original Thread at Rootz

-Already rooted with the latest version of Superuser.apk
    -Google Apps
    -build.prop changes to spoof Motorola Xoom (Was missing many apps from the market before, i.e. GTA III)
    -Lenovo Market Removed
    -Based off the 14_14_120109 US update
    -Android Terminal Emulator
    -OI File Manager
    -Reboot to Recovery Widget/App
    -init.d support

screenshot.jpg

Flash at your own risk. I am in no way responsible for any damage done to your device. This will wipe your entire device except the EXTERNAL sdcard.

If you are using Windows make sure you have installed the APX drivers before continuing.

Nvflash Windows Drivers
    md5sum: 9aa3a4814ca63366329d85a22ed01f64

To boot into APX mode
    1. Power off
    2. Hold down the Vol - and the Vol +
    3. While holding the Volume keys down, Power on
    4. The display should go black, and both LED's on either side of the home button should light up. This is APX mode. If using Windows make sure the drivers are installed

Instructions

Windows

2. Double click the "flash-windows.bat" file

Linux

2. Open a terminal and cd into the extracted directory

3. Copy and paste the following command
    Code:
    chmod a+x ./flash-linux.sh && chmod a+x ./files/nvflash

4. Run either
    Code:
    sudo ./flash-linux.sh
    or from a root prompt
    Code:
    ./flash-linux.sh

CWM Controls
    Power = Back (Any submenu), Toggle Display (Main Menu),
    Vol+ = Highlight Up
    Vol- = Highlight Down
    Home = Select

To boot into recovery
    You can now use the built in app or widget to reboot to recovery
    **Superuser may crash during the first couple of reboots to recovery. Dont worry
    Or run 'k1recovery' from the terminal or adb

Notes
    If you try to flash any of the OTA update.zip's, it will probably work, but you will be shut out of CWM and will not be able to get back in unless you reflash everything via nvflash

Downloads

K1_CWM_120109_Rooted_nvflash_R2.zip
    md5: dc5264c761e96f9fb9f240924cf60217

K1_CWM_120109_M_GE_Rooted.zip
    md5: 280e18ecf837bf030f0a0fe83ec3e824

updater_120109_R2.zip
    md5: 48cb5fefac3dcfcb89cddde501ac3e27

updater_120109_M_GE_R2.zip
    md5: ef45437e57d257e54054cf9b70a0fcd8

Honeycomb_statusbar_120109.zip - Idea by Shaztech
    md5: df290cfd0125f1dde2255a8518cd493f
    Restores the default Honeycomb Status Bar, with the favorites button hidden.
    To Install:
    1. Put the Honeycomb_statusbar_120109.zip on the external sd card storage (Internal will not work)
    4. Choose Honeycomb_statusbar_120109.zip and flash.

ThirdPartyAppsRestore.zip - People report loosing market apps after using this. Removing link until I have time to test
    md5: dd3ed7584c4c4813277ec96f55e4023a
    Restores all the third party apps that came with the stock Rom.
    To install:
    1. Put the ThirdPartyAppsRestore.zip on the external sd card storage (Internal will not work)
    4. Choose ThirdPartyAppsRestore.zip and flash.
    If you want to remove any of the third party apps you can remove the apk from /data/app/temp

The device tree used to port CWM is posted in my github.
    http://github.com/khanning

I will be in Freenode IRC room #ideapad-k1 if anyone wants to discuss development and to answer any questions.
    I am joining previous poster to ask for working link. I do not want CM 10.

- Can someone update the links please ?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4g0u505kNKibXdVWVhRS1lNTFU/edit
    Recovery Widget

Can you post a link to the APK for manual installation?

Copied this apk from my system/app directory, should install just fine. Hope this helps!

http://www.4shared.com/android/FF3uojB_/K1RecoveryRestart.html?refurl=d1url
    Is there a chance for a Version based on
    K1_A301_12_12_120109_M_GE
    for the UMTS/3G+wifi model?

Thanks.

Yup yup :D

Can someone with the M_GE edition hop into freenode irc #ideapad-k1 with me to test it. If you don't have an irc client you can just go to http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ideapad-k1

[Edit]

Updated the first post with a link to K1_CWM_120109_M_GE_Rooted.zip for my mobile friends in Austria ;)

thanks to isime13 for testing
    look like rooted on the first look.
    Superuser app installs fine.

BUT: Apps don't get super user rights. superuser cant update itself and busybox pro complains it cant install because it does not get superuser rights.

So on the second look...no it does not work right.:(

Twist79, no problem we can fix that up quick. I don't have the device, so I was relying on others to test. Are you able to join me in an irc chat #ideapad-k1?

You can go to:
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ideapad-k1