[OFFICIAL] TWRP 3.0.3-0 Recovery for Redmi 4 Prime

Search This thread

Anik_khan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2014
Mymensingh, Dhaka
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fhome.png
https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fbackupname.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CHANGELOG for 3.0.3-0:
  • Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
  • Add Greek translation to some builds.
  • support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
  • fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
  • libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
  • fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
  • TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
  • translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
  • progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
  • fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
  • reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
  • other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

Install guide:

• Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
  • Enter fastboot mode
  • Unlock your bootloader
  • Download recovery*.img and Lazyflasher
  • Copy lazyflasher In your internal Phone memory
  • Run fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.3-0-markw.img in command line
    [*]Boot into recovery and flash Lazy flasher (Important for miui, else you can boot into system)
  • Reboot and enjoy it

Download:

twrp-3.0.3-0-markw.img
lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip

Last edited:

dels07

Nov 1, 2012
Jakarta
Wow new TWRP build, btw I see you try to build LineageOS 13 (even msdx321 fork from your repo), thanks

brenyoka

Sep 12, 2015
Thanks, I am excited to see new TWRP for Redmi 4 Prime!
So, is this better than the one made by cofface? In what ways?

nudgemodem

Feb 27, 2016
Can i flash this zip file to replace the twrp by cofface using twrp by cofface itself? And one more question.. When i want to go to recovery from off, when i press the up n power button it went to the stock recovery instead of the twrp and i need to select recovery for me to go to twrp.. .. Is there any solution for me to straight away go to twrp after pressing the combination button? Pleasee help... Im still using miui 8 and looking to try on lineage os.... Thanks in advance

Reactions: Tom Finn

Flynhx

Jun 16, 2015
/system/lost+found
Can i flash this zip file to replace the twrp by cofface using twrp by cofface itself? And one more question.. When i want to go to recovery from off, when i press the up n power button it went to the stock recovery instead of the twrp and i need to select recovery for me to go to twrp.. .. Is there any solution for me to straight away go to twrp after pressing the combination button? Pleasee help... Im still using miui 8 and looking to try on lineage os.... Thanks in advance
Yes you can flash this TWRP.img straight using Cofface's TWRP(that's what i did before), but don't forget to reboot to recovery after flashing the img. After that flash the attached zip file lazyflasher and your good to go.. About your second question, i don't know if there's some kind of shortcut to go straight to recovery(a simple single tap wouldn't matter anyway), as for lineageos, i haven't tried it yet so no idea, but imo i still prefer stock rom over custom rom for less bug free experience.

Tapped from my Redmi 4 Prime using XDA Legacy

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Thanks, I am excited to see new TWRP for Redmi 4 Prime!
So, is this better than the one made by cofface? In what ways?
What i like about this new twrp is you can now mount/wipe system partition. Compare to cofface's twrp, you can't do those. [emoji3]

Tapped from my Redmi 4 Prime using XDA Legacy

Reactions: nudgemodem

dels07

Nov 1, 2012
Jakarta
You can flash directly from cofface by using install menu and press image button on right bottom to flash .img instead of zip

Reactions: nudgemodem

Phlogistol

Dec 4, 2013
Just wanted to say that this is the best recovery for Redmi 4 Prime. No bugs, no problems with mounting partitions, no hassle. Thank you very much, Anik_khan :)

brenyoka

Sep 12, 2015
Sorry for the noob question, but why lazyflasher is necessary? I am using MIUI global (v8.1.2). What happens if I don't flash lazyflasher? Just curious. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fhome.png
    https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fbackupname.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CHANGELOG for 3.0.3-0:
    • Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    • Add Greek translation to some builds.
    • support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    • fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    • libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    • fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    • TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
    • translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
    • progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
    • fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
    • reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    • other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

Install guide:

• Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
    • Enter fastboot mode
    • Unlock your bootloader
    • Download recovery*.img and Lazyflasher
    • Copy lazyflasher In your internal Phone memory
    • Run fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.3-0-markw.img in command line
      [*]Boot into recovery and flash Lazy flasher (Important for miui, else you can boot into system)
    • Reboot and enjoy it

Download:

twrp-3.0.3-0-markw.img
    lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip
    TWRP Recovery is now official for Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. I uploaded the thread as well with updated link. This is a pre release version. An official release will be there very soon.

no usb mtp after root
    how to fix it ?

same problem with me. have you fixed it?

@Flynhx i am on official 8.1.2. can you please let me know how to fix usb mtp after TWRP and root?

Edit: Just added these 2 lines to build.prop file and MTP worked again:

persist.service.adb.enable=1
    persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb
    Sorry for the noob question, but why lazyflasher is necessary? I am using MIUI global (v8.1.2). What happens if I don't flash lazyflasher? Just curious. Thanks.
    Likely wont boot since official firmware need to verify dex-opt (it supposed to be installed in official xiaomi recovery). However xiaomi eu rom will work just fine.
    Wow, this one is better than Cofface's TWRP. :D