TF300TG 4.2.1 Stock ROM - Root Guide - TWRP Recovery

Search This thread

eonomia

May 28, 2010
TWRP ROOT the ASUS TRANSFORMER TF300TG with Android 4.2.1 jb & WW_epad-10.6.2.10
Finally i rooted my device successfully and it's how i did it ,
This guide is for helping you to root TF300TG with stock rom and this recovery process is only for those devices which have Jelly Bean 4.2.1 stock rom installed and have a unlocked bootloader.

Step-by-step guide:

1- Power off the tablet.

2- Download and extract attachment file ( twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.rar ).

3- Rename extracted file(twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.blob) to twrp.blob and copy it to your fastboot folder.

4- Connect the tablet to PC via USB cable.

5- Now enter Recovery mode. For this press and hold Volume Down key along with Power key, now press Volume Down key to highlight USB icon or RCK icon.

6- Open command prompt. For this, go to Start. Select ‘Run’ and type ‘cmd’. go to your fastboot folder.

7- type following command-line in cmd-window:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp.blob
Remember : Wait a minute until you've seen in the CMD window that the upload is finished.

8- Your device will reboot if not , type following command-line in cmd window to reboot:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

9- After reboot you just have to keep Volume Down button along with Power button to come back to the selection menu.

in this menu select RCK by volume down and after that you only have to press the Volume Up button, so you get to TWRP mode.

10- In TWRP, tap Reboot, then System and It will ask you if you want to install root so Swipe to install.

11- Once your reboot into the android os follow the SuperSU instructions to complete the root process.

10- Congratulations, now you're just flash the TWRP recovery and enjoy being Rooted.

Attachments

• twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.rar
    7.6 MB · Views: 8,455

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Can I use ghis on my us tf3oot of course change file names and stuff. Because I cant for the life if me root this 4.2.1 bootloader im unlocked already. But is the computer saying command not recovnized

The Demon Galaxy!

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Can I use ghis on my us tf3oot of course change file names and stuff. Because I cant for the life if me root this 4.2.1 bootloader im unlocked already. But is the computer saying command not recovnized

The Demon Galaxy!

You will have to use the tf300t version of TWRP if you want to use it with a tf300t. Use the -42 version.

tf300tg

Apr 9, 2014
Hello,
i have asus tf300tg 4.2.1 WW_epad-10.6.2.11 i have two questions first is can i use twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.blob for my asus and the second is how to creat fastboot folder do i have to use android sdk manager.Sorry for my question but i am very confused

TWRP ROOT the ASUS TRANSFORMER TF300TG with Android 4.2.1 jb & WW_epad-10.6.2.10
This guide is for helping you to root TF300TG with stock rom and this recovery process is only for those devices which have Jelly Bean 4.2.1 stock rom installed and have a unlocked bootloader.

Step-by-step guide:

1- Power off the tablet.

3- Rename extracted file(twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.blob) to twrp.blob and copy it to your fastboot folder.

5- Now enter Recovery mode. For this press and hold Volume Down key along with Power key, now press Volume Down key to highlight USB icon or RCK icon.

6- Open command prompt. For this, go to Start. Select ‘Run’ and type ‘cmd’. go to your fastboot folder.

Remember : Wait a minute until you've seen in the CMD window that the upload is finished.

8- Your device will reboot if not , type following command-line in cmd window to reboot:

9- After reboot you just have to keep Volume Down button along with Power button to come back to the selection menu.

in this menu select RCK by volume down and after that you only have to press the Volume Up button, so you get to TWRP mode.

10- In TWRP, tap Reboot, then System and It will ask you if you want to install root so Swipe to install.

11- Once your reboot into the android os follow the SuperSU instructions to complete the root process.

10- Congratulations, now you're just flash the TWRP recovery and enjoy being Rooted.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
Reactions: tf300tg

zeha219

May 30, 2010
[Q]

After type fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery twrp.blob then press enter,the command window has appeared Failed: Invalid State. Plz tell me why. Tnx

zlazaar

Jun 6, 2014
TWRP for TF300T work with no issues on TF300TG
Initialy flashed v2.5.0.0 then updated to v2.7.1.0

Ikzar3100

Jul 17, 2014
Error

Step-by-step guide:

1- Power off the tablet.

Well, I had an error on my TF300TG Android 4.2.1 when choose RCK. Np matter how many times I try. Could it be the drivers?

freeman75

Jun 17, 2008
I have ASUS TF300TG with unlocked bootloder (4.2.1 kernel 10.6.2.11) official. I installed all the software's (Minimal ADB and Fast boot), but when choosing RCK icon gives me an error with the green robot. What can I do?
*Tablet loaded normally.
Please help me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Step-by-step guide:

1- Power off the tablet.

Hello,
    i have asus tf300tg 4.2.1 WW_epad-10.6.2.11 i have two questions first is can i use twrp-2.6.0.0-tf300tg-4.2.blob for my asus and the second is how to creat fastboot folder do i have to use android sdk manager.Sorry for my question but i am very confused

You can install minimal ADB and fastboot instead of the whole thing: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790