Votes: 34 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

namitneil

Mar 17, 2012
Delhi
Buy Xperia Z2..

1. XPERIA Z2 is having a 20 mega pixel camera. As everyone knows sony has the best camera and features around with best lenses..

2. Xperia Z2 beats any phone in the looks department as does the xperia z.. both of these have a glass surface which gives true color to the device.. if you buy it in purple color, you will get a full purple colored device..

3. Xperia Z2 is cheaper than Galaxy S5..

4. Xperia Z2 having a more 1gb ram on board will definitely help you in any way whatsoever.. Although Galaxy S5 has a little mhz more in the processor department.. but any way the processor of xperia z2 is similar to that of galaxy s5 its the snapdragon 801.. this processor is the best in the market till date.. it will not let u down in anyway even if u open apps rapidly and in numbers..

5. You will regret buying a samsung because of the fact that its price will come down at a very rapid rate once the market looses interest in the phone.. look at note 3.. once sold at 48 some months ago is now around 41-42..

6. My brother has xperia z and i have a note 2.. while its a fact that you will love the looks of xperia over samsung any day..

7. Samsung touchwiz is optimised for beautiful animations.. its super amoled displays the colors and animations very beautifully.. but on the other hand its also a slow UI.. if you open its menu and you have to go to the 4th page whatever time your samsung will take like it took 3 seconds to scroll through 4 pages or 5 pages your xperia z2 will take 0.7-0.9 seconds less.. its a fact and you can try it on your own..

I will not even consider HTC One M8 here because of the following facts..

Htc has the weakest battery life in the smartphones i have ever seen.

Htc have the least number of service centres in india

Htc phones have the most difficult procedure to root and tweak the device in any manner whatsoever..

Htc phones have the least resale value among top smartphones companies..

Sent from my GT-N7100..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Likely the S5

Not sure why so many people are claiming the the Z2 is the 'killer' of the S5, have you people seen what the changed are from the Z1 to the Z2?

I personally own the Z1 and I love it, great hardware, but that being said the Z2 is just not an upgrade, at least not one worth paying for.
    Camera is the same, processor barely changes, it does go up to 3GB of ram but depending on what you do on your phone you may not ever need this or see the difference. Phone design is basically identical, just larger screen making the phone taller, slighter thinner and lighter, but still bigger and heavier then the S5.

I will likely be getting the S5 and here's my reasoning as to why,

- The Z1 (and Z2 for that matter), though decent looking and made of 'premium' materials, it is just not comfortable in hand. The squared off shape and big size of the phone makes it impractical and almost impossible to use with one hand for someone with normal or small hands. I previous had the Nexus and it was perfect size to one hand and felt great, the slight size increase to the S5 should still be easy to manage with one hand and feel comfortable in one hand the same as the S4 and other Galaxies. For me, being able to comfortable use my phone with one hand is a big thing, it may not be for others, this is just my opinion.
    - The S5 improvement both its front face and rear facing camera. I'll have to get my hands on it to see for sure how much of an improvement it is, but so far from reviews I'm fairly confident. My Z1 does take wicked photos (20mp when I shoot in manual, or 8mp in auto) but what it lacks is a good front facing camera. It often takes extremely 'grainy' photos in poor lighting conditions with the front face, this happens at least half the time if not more for front facing photos when in doors. I have also seen this same issue in the rear camera when shooting in auto. Not yet in manual, thankfully.
    - Larger battery and battery save mode. This is huge. Though the battery only goes from 2600 to 2800, with the minimal screen size increase it should boost the battery life overall, once again won't know for sure until I get the chance to see the software and test it out. Battery save mode, for me, looks fantastic. The ability to switch the phone into black and white mode to conserve battery power will be a huge help when I'm reading books on my phone which I do fairly often, or just needing to conserve power when I'm away from a charger but may need my phone for a quick call or text.
    - Being a big fitness buff, the fitness app and added hear rate sensor is a great perk, of course, not a necessity, but definitely a nice addition.
    - The fingerprint scanner to unlock the phone isn't a big deal for me, but what I did really like is the ability to 'hide' media albums and lock it with my fingerprint. I work for a cell phone company and we don't have live devices on display, so when I want to show a customer my phone and not have them invading my personal media, this will be perfect! Also a great added security for if your phone is ever lost or stolen.
    - The processor in it on paper may not sound like much, but it will be a noticeable speed jump, and the ability for it to use any LTE band is phenomenal. I've done speed test on my Z1 using the highest LTE band and would never want to go without that speed again.
    - Dual WiFi antenna (I'm hoping) will show a significant improvement to WiFi speeds, I often use LTE instead of WiFi simply because WiFi is much slower.
    - Intrigued about the booster, have to see how it performs hands on though.
    - Unlike many many others, I enjoy the look of the phone, and it will be much more durable then the Z1 / Z2 without a case. I don't often use cases, or if I do I look for the thinnest/ lightest possible.
    - Accessories. Once again, not something that everyone cares about, but other companies like Sony and LG just don't have enough of them yet, at least not in my area. I do all my accessory shopping on-line for my Z1 because there are no options locally. A couple big one's for me will be the Samsung Gear Fit, absolutely loving it. Great for gym using or outdoor runners/ bikers/ walkers. I also have a Samsung TV so the added 'remote' capability on the gear fit is nice, as well as the Samsung all share features on the phone. Finally, cases. My number one favourite case that I have always missed when using other android devices is the Samsung flip cases, removing the back plate and making the case this slim is just perfect.
    - Water resistance. Now that I've had the Z1 I could never not get a water resistant phone, it's great using the phone at the gym and not worrying about sweat getting on it, just simply taking it in the shower and rinsing it off when I'm done.

I will wait to see the HTC launch of the M8 or 'one two' before I make a concrete decision, but definitely leaning towards to S5 ATM .

(Previously owned devices: S2, HTC raider, Note 1, S3, S3 international, Nexus 4, HTC one, Nexus 5, Sony Xperia Z1)
    Have you guys seen the video of the Z2 front stereo speakers?

They're awesome. Even better than those on the HTC One.

This is what i thought while listening to the quality on that youtube comparison. Here's my overall thoughts:

S5: slight upgrade from the S4. Some gimmick updates for marketing reasons like fingerprint scanner, heart rate monitor, etc. It's water resistant for simply only a spill of liquid from a 12oz glass, i wouldn't trust taking this underwater for photos and who goes 2ft deep in water to take photos anyways? 2gb of ram. Yes people want to say 2gb is plenty but these people obviously don't play games like dead trigger 2, multi task camera app, email, internet, etc. For the average consumer, sure 2gb is "enough." For people in the year 2014 that enjoy more in life, not so much. Not going to comment on touchwiz as there's no real reviews on it yet with lag and how much space it takes up from the 16gb of storage. Almost forgot to mention One Mono Speaker and still on the back of the phone, what is this 2010 still??? Build quality, well if you still like that 2008 plastic feeling cheap device then sure. I would think by 2014 ALL carriers would learn something from Apple 5S and HTC One for solid build quality not just for looks but some drop protection too.

HTC New One: Again slight upgrade from the original One. Marketing purposes it has "slightly" stronger speakers, wasted screen space with HTC logo, and now has an SD card slot. By the way, probably the ONLY device of 2014 that is still using the Snapdragon 800 chip as well and of course again only 2gb of ram. I'm sure Sense 6 will be nice and some software upgrades but again under the hood, impressive for a 2nd quarter 2013 device, not so much for a first quarter "flagship" 2014 device. HTC again 6-8 months behind everyone else. As far as build quality i say this is top tier without a doubt. The one device that a person could probably feel comfortable with NOT having to put a case on it for drop protection.

Z2: The second device to support the new Snapdragon 801 chip (S5 Also) which seems to help with camera operations and overall speed and less power consumption. From reading it seems Sony's software is only about 5gb of storage and very light feeling which makes it that much faster and less power consuming vs. probably S5 touchwiz. Camera is same hardware but upgraded software so i'm sure steller pictures, maybe the S5 will be comparable, maybe the new HTC One will too? Water resistant enough to take it at least 5ft under water for pictures, something people would actually use. Only 2014 device so far that isn't a Phablet/Tablet that will have 3gb of ram so that means faster photos and better multi-tasking on the 801 chip along with a light software UI, how can you go wrong here? I think it's beyond obvious the clear winner is the Z2 without a doubt. Sure people can nit pick tit for tat but at the end of the day it's pretty obvious considering the big picture. Can't forget Sony's new dual front facing "STEREO" speakers, the only other device on the market that can compete with HTC in this area. Oh but HTC, you're not water resistant are you? Sony is and still has dual facing Stereo speakers, again too many solid points on Sony's side then the rest here. Time will tell of course after all 3 hit the markets and the youtube videos pop up and people actually use the devices. Build quality i'm hating the Glass front and back. Front screen ok can understand, will still get a Zagg screen protector the second i get the device when it gets out the box. Back plate Glass though, you would think people by now would have learned from Apple's mistake with the iPhone 4. I had an iPhone 4 when it first came out and had a Speck Candy Shell case on it. One of the slimest and most protection basically possible for this and mainly any device with the Candy Shell line. Well dropped it one day from my sweater pocket only about 3-3.5 feet off the ground. Must have landed on the corner where the camera was and took the phone out of the case to look at it. All around the the camera lens it was cracked on the Glass back all around that corner. Even with a case this solid and a simple drop, straight crap! The Z2 will get a similar case and fingers crossed it's not made as cheap if the same thing happens!

What's on paper though, what pictures are out there, all the hands on at least with the Z2 and the S5, it's a no brainer the Z2 is what's up. HTC, lets see the disappointment from you in March since again, you can't keep up with the rest in a timely manner. Still to date HTC having bugs in their new flagship as reported and it's 20 days from announcement? Good luck HTC, good luck!
    The ugliest device of 2014: Samsung galaxy S5!
    And now they are official: Sony Xperia Z2 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5

Main differences seen by me:

Micro-SIM / Nano-SIM
    IP58 / IP67
    IPS LCD / Super AMOLED
    5.2 inches / 5.1 inches
    Loudspeaker Stereo / Mono
    Infrared port No / Yes
    microUSB v2.0 (MHL 3) / microUSB v3.0 (MHL 2)
    20.7 MP / 16 MP,
    1/2.3'' sensor / ???
    2.3 GHz / 2.5 GHz
    No heart sensor / heart rate
    Radio FM radio with RDS / No radio
    Black, White, Purple / Black, White, Blue, Gold
    Non-removable 3200 mAh / 2800 mAh
    Thats good news, the more progress the better, doesn't change the fact that S5 is a fine piece of hardware with bad timing and bland looks in a world where bling is everything :rolleyes:

I'm more into using stuff than showing them of so for me the S5 will be perfectly fine! Couldn't care less if I'm not the most popular kid wearing a handset on the street ....

Yea..Most people are into using as opposed to showing off. It's not like bling makes it unique. The problem here is, using virtually the same features and software in an outdated package. Will you buy the same pair of white tennis shoes every year? Same black t - shirt? Same car? Same movie? Stop acting like people wanting a fresh look is a bad thing. People want to pay for something fresh, that's all.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app