[ROM] Gingerbread-2.3.4 (Codename Phoenix, released on 2011-10-20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

andy572

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2010
Germany, Munich (Deutschland, München)
Hi @all,

This is a unofficial ROM of gingerbread for use in LG-P500 mobile devices.
NO Support by LG and after flashing you can't connect with this ROM to the LG PC-Suite for updates. If you want update a original firmware, u have to flash
a original ROM deployed by LG.

Please, do not ask when i release a build. If a build is ready to test, i upload the ROM and you'll see a download link in THIS post.
For general questions, please look here

Current state of Gingerbread ROM by andy572 (Version 2.3.4 Codename Phoenix)
previous rom for download based on CM7 has been removed, i dont support the latest rom from now.

Latest Changes
* light text color bug fixed
* gallery3D app: pinch to zoom fixed
* gallery3D app: loading a bit slow - fixed
* kernel: wifi not working, kernel module is broken - fixed
* kernel: kernel doesnt support clear ram feature in settings - fixed
* expanded statusbar bugs fixed
* new lockscreen implemented
* modified gps.conf
* modified apns-conf.xml
* network provider search fixed
* contact import from sim card fixed
* crash in contacts app fixed (app was FC'ing when swipe over the tabs on the top)

Very known bugs:
- If no default ringtone is choosen in settings menu, android choose one for u and change this randomly
- FM Radio and USB-/WiFi theasering not working (maybe with 3rd party apps)
- strong pixelation/color banding issues in wallpapers and picture gallery app
- Airplane-, Vibrate modes and audio volume settings change gets not detected in expanded statusbar view toggles
- rom is only working with old baseband and clockwork mod recovery

INSTALL
1.) Install ClockwordMod Recovery, old AmonRA isnt supported anymore.
2.) Flash the ROM file
3.) If you're coming from any other than THIS rom, YOU NEED TO DO A COMPLETE WIPE before reboot!!!

Download
http://www.phoenix-android.com (Android 2.3.4 Phoenix)
Further information:
The new rom is based on CodeAurora's Android Gingerbread, CM7 and android open source code (2.3.4 and 2.3.5).
Many thanks to franco for the cool kernel tips and the funny after work days :)

Sources
CodeAurora
Phoenix-Android

Whats next coming?
* Electron Beam feature is causing black screen: FIXED (Feature permanent disabled)
* allow swipe in contacts/phone app on call log
* optimize webkit code
* modify music app
* modify and bugfix launcher app again
* modify and bugfix camera app
* modify and bugfix fm radio app
* fix bluetooth audio

Greets from Munich/Germany
Andy

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 13,213
Last edited:

dark-k

Sep 4, 2010
It's nice to have some people interesting in developing a gingerbread custom rom for our optimus P500. I would help if i knew what you need. I don't know what you are talking about so... Sorry

andy572

Sep 4, 2010
Hi,

i'm talking about to bring up a gingerbread installtion to our mobile.
All what i have is a ready compiled android 2.3.1 without a kernel and without LG addons, there are (possibly) required to boot the phone to gingerbread.

i've tryed yesterday and today to boot with a mix from froyo, but this does not works - even if i disabled some hardware, the system needs some information from modules build by LG - it boots only when gingerbread is flashed over froyo without a complete wipe, nothing but the launcher is working :(

After a wipe, the system loops around while booting and bringe lot of permission errors in logcat.

andy572

Sep 4, 2010
How to compile android 2.3.3:

1.) If you use a windows system, install VirtualBox 4.x and than Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop Edition as guest OS (its the smallest version and is enough for compilings)

Attention: Android compiling requires lot of free space.
My Ubuntu virtual harddrives size is 30GB, partitions are 10GB, 512MB (SWAP) and 19.5GB. During install, mount the 10GB partition on /, the 19.5GB partition on /home.

1.1) Prepare user
to have easier system access, we act as root - so set a new password to root and change the current user:
Code:
sudo passwd root
Enter the new password to root and change user:
Code:
su -

1.2) change the shell to bash
Ubuntu 10.10 has a symlink in /bin/sh - this links not to the bash which is required by android to compile:
Code:
rm /bin/sh && ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh

2.) Install required compilers and software:
Code:
apt-get install build-essential automake autoconf binutils libncurses5-dev xorg-dev git-core gnupg flex bison gperf zlib1g-dev

3.) Prepare home directory
Code:
mkdir -p /home/android/bin
cd /home/android

3.) Install JAVA
- Download latest java-1.6 (it's required by gingerbread to build java apps) from Oracle site:
https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHO...ProductRef=jdk-6u23-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer and select Linux (not Linux64!!!)

Copy file jdk-6u23-linux-i586.bin to /home/android and exec the file:
Code:
./jdk-6u23-linux-i586.bin
and type "yes" to accept the license.
After install, move the new directory to /usr/lib/jvm:
Code:
mkdir -p /usr/lib/jvm && mv jdk1.6.0_23 /usr/lib/jvm
rm -rf jdk1.6.0_23

4.) Adopt JVM and user's bin path to all users env:
Code:
echo 'export PATH=$PATH:/home/android/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_23/bin' >> /etc/profile
echo 'export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_23' >> /etc/profile
echo 'export ANDROID_JAVA_HOME=$JAVA_HOME' >> /etc/profile
source /etc/profile

5.) Download Android 2.3.3
Code:
curl http://android.git.kernel.org/repo > bin/repo
chmod a+x bin/repo
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b gingerbread
repo sync

6.) Compiling Android 2.3.3
To build a final release on a 32bit machine, we must modify some files and use the target option "user" (default is "eng", which is only a debug build for the emulator).
Attention
following code must be run in root of your repo:
Code:
source build/envsetup.sh
lunch thunderg-user
make -j2

After a build time of 1-2 hours, we have in folder out/target/product/generic our images: system.img,ramdisk.img and userdata.img and in folder prebuild/linux-x86/toolchain our android arm-eabi to compile kernel and so on.

If any goes wrong, please post here - it's possible that i have forgot to post some...

Last edited:

natedogg20050

Aug 19, 2009
How to compile android 2.3.1:

1.) If you use a windows system, install VirtualBox 4.x and than Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop Edition as guest OS (its the smallest version and is enough for compilings)

Attention: Android compiling requires lot of free space.
My Ubuntu virtual harddrives size is 30GB, partitions are 10GB, 512MB (SWAP) and 19.5GB. During install, mount the 10GB partition on /, the 19.5GB partition on /home.

1.1) Prepare user
to have easier system access, we act as root - so set a new password to root and change the current user:
Code:
sudo passwd root
Enter the new password to root and change user:
Code:
su -

1.2) change the shell to bash
Ubuntu 10.10 has a symlink in /bin/sh - this links not to the bash which is required by android to compile:
Code:
rm /bin/sh && ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh

2.) Install required compilers and software:
Code:
apt-get install build-essential automake autoconf binutils libncurses5-dev xorg-dev git-core gnupg flex bison gperf zlib1g-dev

3.) Prepare home directory
Code:
mkdir -p /home/android/bin
cd /home/android

3.) Install JAVA
- Download latest java-1.6 (it's required by gingerbread to build java apps) from Oracle site:
https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHO...ProductRef=jdk-6u23-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer and select Linux (not Linux64!!!)

Copy file jdk-6u23-linux-i586.bin to /home/android and exec the file:
Code:
./jdk-6u23-linux-i586.bin
and type "yes" to accept the license.
After install, move the new directory to /usr/lib/jvm:
Code:
mkdir -p /usr/lib/jvm && mv jdk1.6.0_23 /usr/lib/jvm
rm -rf jdk1.6.0_23

4.) Adopt JVM and user's bin path to all users env:
Code:
echo 'export PATH=$PATH:/home/android/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_23/bin' >> /etc/profile
echo 'export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.6.0_23' >> /etc/profile
echo 'export ANDROID_JAVA_HOME=$JAVA_HOME' >> /etc/profile
source /etc/profile

5.) Download Android 2.3.1
Code:
curl http://android.git.kernel.org/repo > bin/repo
chmod a+x bin/repo
repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git -b gingerbread
repo sync

6.) Compiling Android 2.3.1
To build a final release on a 32bit machine, we must modify some files and use the target option "user" (default is "eng", which is only a debug build for the emulator):
Code:
source build/envsetup.sh
$find . -name '*.mk' | xargs sed -i 's/-m64//g'
export TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=user
lunch
make

After a build time of 3 hours, we have in folder out/target/product/generic our images: system.img,ramdisk.img and userdata.img and in folder prebuild/linux-x86/toolchain our android arm-eabi to compile kernel and so on.

If any goes wrong, please post here - it's possible that i have forgot to post some...

gonna start workin later tonight gonna upload it soon.

Reactions: salvatore94

andy572

Sep 4, 2010
Problems ... problems ... more problems :(

Today, i've merged the LG P500 Froyo source with gingerbread to get the required LG libraries and bin's, but i get over and over compiler errors.
LG didn't provide the complete source to froyo, so many definitions in C-Header files are missig :(

I've fixed many of these errors, but the end result is a linker error because of missing libraries there are not provided in source code.

I'll try to compile a froyo to test out if this errors only comes with gingerbread.
...Where is my time ????

mik_os

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2010
Poltava
I have succesfully compile and boot CyanogenMod 7. But everything slow, 3d driver don't work (same as with Legend). Tried to use N1 driver but it crashes, seems it compiled as armv7.

Reactions: Bytecode

natedogg20050

Aug 19, 2009
i didnt have much sleep last night alot of trouble gonna reinstall windows 7 then repack the img gonna post it later its 9:33 here in germany

andy572

Sep 4, 2010
FROYO doesn't compile - same problem as to import LG FROYO sources to Gingerbread.

Error:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/generic/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/liblgdrmexpat_intermediates/liblgdrmexpat.a', needed by `out/target/product/generic/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/liblgdrmwbxml_intermediates/LINKED/liblgdrmwbxml.so'. Stop.

mik_os

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 13, 2010
Poltava
upd: wifi work

You can find sources at
Code:
https://github.com/mik9
BUT it's dirty (based on htc legend) and not full. I continue work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @all,

This is a unofficial ROM of gingerbread for use in LG-P500 mobile devices.
    NO Support by LG and after flashing you can't connect with this ROM to the LG PC-Suite for updates. If you want update a original firmware, u have to flash
    a original ROM deployed by LG.

Please, do not ask when i release a build. If a build is ready to test, i upload the ROM and you'll see a download link in THIS post.
    For general questions, please look here

Current state of Gingerbread ROM by andy572 (Version 2.3.4 Codename Phoenix)
    previous rom for download based on CM7 has been removed, i dont support the latest rom from now.

Latest Changes
    * light text color bug fixed
    * gallery3D app: pinch to zoom fixed
    * gallery3D app: loading a bit slow - fixed
    * kernel: wifi not working, kernel module is broken - fixed
    * kernel: kernel doesnt support clear ram feature in settings - fixed
    * expanded statusbar bugs fixed
    * new lockscreen implemented
    * modified gps.conf
    * modified apns-conf.xml
    * network provider search fixed
    * contact import from sim card fixed
    * crash in contacts app fixed (app was FC'ing when swipe over the tabs on the top)

Very known bugs:
    - If no default ringtone is choosen in settings menu, android choose one for u and change this randomly
    - FM Radio and USB-/WiFi theasering not working (maybe with 3rd party apps)
    - strong pixelation/color banding issues in wallpapers and picture gallery app
    - Airplane-, Vibrate modes and audio volume settings change gets not detected in expanded statusbar view toggles
    - rom is only working with old baseband and clockwork mod recovery

INSTALL
    1.) Install ClockwordMod Recovery, old AmonRA isnt supported anymore.
    2.) Flash the ROM file
    3.) If you're coming from any other than THIS rom, YOU NEED TO DO A COMPLETE WIPE before reboot!!!

Download
    http://www.phoenix-android.com (Android 2.3.4 Phoenix)
    Further information:
    The new rom is based on CodeAurora's Android Gingerbread, CM7 and android open source code (2.3.4 and 2.3.5).
    Many thanks to franco for the cool kernel tips and the funny after work days :)

Sources
    CodeAurora
    Phoenix-Android

Whats next coming?
    * Electron Beam feature is causing black screen: FIXED (Feature permanent disabled)
    * allow swipe in contacts/phone app on call log
    * optimize webkit code
    * modify music app
    * modify and bugfix launcher app again
    * modify and bugfix camera app
    * modify and bugfix fm radio app
    * fix bluetooth audio

Greets from Munich/Germany
    Andy
    Thread is now closed until users are using their brain.
    thanks for 3 or more pages full of spam.
    ok, enough again.
    users was warned about repeated questions, so now this thread is closed agin until next rom release.

have fun ...
    ... current rom state:

working on event listeners for expanded statusview toggles, its almost done :)
    ...means: the release is near :) :)
    Dear Andy,

keeping finger crossed;)........waiting for promising ROM......but waiting period is too long:mad: ...... so, can i make a request you to release rom for testing meanwhile busy in development.....

THANX A TON.... for your HARD WORK :)

No, no, no and no again.

I dont deploy a non working rom - there are many other roms here on xda u can use or try,
    so let me develop please the rom until it works complete and its almost stable.

I know the users are waiting, i know there are many new features in my rom that users are waiting for - but its useless
    for peoples who are expecting a stable and daily use rom.