[APP] Seeder for RAZR HD

Search This thread

madkel

Oct 16, 2012
Golden, CO
I thought I would bring attention to the Seeder app that has become quite popular as of late (see the link below), and to also see if any one has used the Seeder app on their RAZR HD and what their experiences with it have been.

In my experience, although the phone is still blazing fast on its own, I did notice less lag when returning back to the home screen (sometimes it would have to redraw... Could be placebo) and while browsing the web using Chrome (definitely not placebo). As for battery life, I have not noticed any decrease at all while having it active. I am using a rooted RAZR MAXX HD with stock ROM.

How have everyone else's experiences been with lag and battery life while using Seeder?

Original Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1987032

Last edited:

JBmfG

Oct 29, 2012
I have had it installed maybe a week and a half now. I havent noticed any difference. But i did have a ton of lag for a while. I did a total system wipe and now there is no lag at all. So im not sure if i ever had a good baseline without seeder to really comment.

madkel

Oct 16, 2012
Golden, CO
Hmm that's interesting. I haven't noticed any increase in lag while using it. Like I said earlier, the RAZR HD is already fast as it is, but it did help with Chrome and Maps.

I tested it on my old Droid X and it had a much more pronounced effect with that device. Probably will help older devices more so than the newer ones - especially on older Android OSs.

Youngunn2008

Aug 2, 2010
Alton, IL
I changed my oom settings for ram usage cuz I was running low to like 50 mb or less all the time. That and I gave seeder another shot and all is lag free now.

Sent from my MotoAHD Maxx

rickt1152

Dec 6, 2010
I was experiencing screen redraw issues with the stock launcher. I had switched to Nova Launcher to address this issue and was happy with the elimination of the screen redraws.

Upon reading about Seeder I decided to give it a try with the stock launcher. No more redraws. I didn't change anything else, and can only conclude Seeder fixed this issue for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2