[NEW RELEASE] Windows Mobile VI - Black Edition v1.2 (UPDATED with SPL 1.30.Olipro)

Search This thread

ach2

Feb 7, 2007
Hotels everywhere
So if you upgraded from the latest "allowed" version of WM5, did the mod to black bring up your radio too, or did you have to retrograde your bootloader to get the new radio version?

Thanks

The Black upgrades are all OS only, with no radio so you can either stick with your existing radio or upgrade it separately. Most people seem to agree that radio 1.27 and upwards are the best (I use 1.38.00.10 all over the world and it is always good for me).

If you want to flash an OS with a radio check out this link for all the available WM6 Roms and pick the best for you... http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Hermes_Cooked_ROMs Also, read the relevant thread for the ROM you chose so you get a feel for bugs, fixes and other peoples feedback.

But before you start flash Olipro's hard SPL 1.40 (HardsplV6) to save problems later, then read MrVanx's upgrading guide which is step by step... http://www.mrvanx.myzen.co.uk/hermes_guide/

ausmoran

Mar 12, 2007
Albany
I am running Windows Mobile VI Black and am wondering if there is a way to view HTML email in Outlook? I can't seem to check the HTML checkbox for some reason. Any help/advice would be great.

Thanks,
Austin

dbakez

Nov 23, 2006
Atlanta
Phone Dialer

Mr. JJ

Great ROMs...I appreciate all your hard work. I upgraded to ver 2.0 the other day and now I have the dialpad with the video. I have a cingular 8525 so there is no video for me which is cool but I would like to know how to get the dialpad back from version 1.2. I have been looking for a few hours and havent found anything and I also tried to load some other dialpads but they come out messed up. Please could someone point me in the right direction.

thx

<NEVERMIND>.....I stumbled upon the answer looking for something completely different.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=300535&highlight=ptt+button+wm6

Last edited:

siankaan1

Mar 31, 2007
VPN?

I have my 8525 set up for Internet Sharing with my laptop, works fine for web browsing. When I run VPN on the laptop using the PDA to connect with the Internet, VPN terminates with "The necessary VPN sub-system is not available" error. VPN works fine with my regular home network.

Does the 8525 need something set up to allow VPN on a laptop to use Internet Sharing?

Thanks for any ideas.

wratran

Jan 22, 2007
WMP video does not rotate to landscape when you switch to full screen mode. It stay as portrait with full screen...instead of landscape.

The WMP software will rotate to landscape but not the actual video.

LUPEN-3

Apr 2, 2007
ragazzi io vorrei upgradare il mio tytn che ha il software di fabbrica davvero penoso! fotocamera pessima, blocchi continui e quindi perdita di sms e telefonate senza una ragione apparente... volevo quindi sapere qual'è la versione in italiano più aggiornata possibile! immagino che la black sia tutta in inglese o sbaglio!? grazie in anticipo a chi mi vorrà rispondere e scusate se non ho scritto in inglese ma purtroppo lo parlo e lo scrivo davvero male! :) thank you in advace... se si scrive così! :)

philg2000

Mar 14, 2007
Ipswich
To answer your question, there is no italian version of any WM6 ROM that I have seen. Certainly not Black.
Please post in English only though!

Rispondere alla vostra domanda, non ci è versione italiana di tutta la ROM WM6 che ho visto. Certamente non nero. Prego alberino in inglese soltanto comunque!

JamesAub

Feb 27, 2007
Thanks to google translate:
boys I would want to upgradare mine tytn that he has the indeed painful software of factory! camera pessima, blocks continues and therefore loss of sms and telephone calls without an appearing reason… I wanted therefore to know qual'è the version in possible modernized Italian more! I imagine that the black it is all in English or mistake!? thanks in advance payment to who will want to answer to me and excused if I have not written in English but unfortunately I speak it and I write it indeed badly! thank you in advace… if it is written therefore!

Black is indeed in english only. There is some WM6 translation going on here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=298636
Not sure about Italian though. Good luck!

LUPEN-3

Apr 2, 2007
thank you so much! and sorry for the language! i ask you that are on line any wm5 italian roms... the standard rom are very bad!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many thanks for the speedy response jasjamming.
    After the first 5 pages of "hurry up hurry up" it got old.

I was wondering what the source material of this WM6 is? Is it developed from a WM6 beta into a custom version, or is it more accurately portrayed as "WM 5.5, an independent production"? Most of what I've seen on M$ site regarding the development direction of 6 is a big yawn, but this looks really cool, so I'm considering it. I just don't have another $500 if my 8525 eats it and goes brick, because I know after this Cingular is gonna have a big laugh if I need support.

Also, is there a way to back up my current ROM or is there a version of WM5 out there as a ROM in the event I need to "roll-back in case of critical system failure"?

Thanks for the info!

you ask too many questions without reading posts, but anyways welcome to XDA developers.

You know yourself that WM6 is not yet released therefore all WM6 releases to date has been based on BETA's.

I assure you that you wont brick your device if you upgrade your OS. Just be careful and ensure that you have Oli's HARD SPL installed.

Be careful or radio upgrades coz if things go wrong you will **** things right up.

Things will change soon.