[UPDATE] CWM/TWRP Flashable Update FC12->FD02, minus radios.

Search This thread

jwischka

Jun 14, 2010
What this is:

This is a flashable zip file which will do all of the non-radio (and non-bootloader, and non-recovery) related changes to your system files that were performed by the OTA update. If you are still semi-stock and flashed the radio images, like I did, you're still stuck on FC12, and your phone is telling you that it needs to update. Annoying. This will fix that.

When you run this, you will hopefully end up with something that looks like this:

2012-05-04%2010.04.37.png

What this is not:

This will not update your radios. If you want it to update your radios, this is not the place for you. If you have used fastboot to update your radios, this is for you.

Typical disclaimers that my attorney sister would want me to put in:

This worked for me. If it does not work for you, tough crackers. You should take a nandroid of your phone before you apply this in case it doesn't work. I tested it in TWRP 2.1.2. If it doesn't work for you in CWM, again, tough crackers. I am not responsible if this breaks your phone. I'm also not really responsible if this doesn't break your phone. This zip file is provided with no warranty, expressed or implied. I'll try to help where I can, but when the rubber meets the road, you're on your own if this goes pear-shaped.

Installation:

Download this file. Flash with your preferred recovery. Enjoy.

Something didn't work:

1) Make sure you are on the latest version of CWM/TWRP. If you installed on Day 1, it is possible that you are running a toro CWM, and not a toroplus. Seeing as how this is the first thing the installer checks, it will not work if you have the VZW version installed. Rinse, repeat.

2) This will only work if you are on a stock rom. It's not for CM9, or any custom roms. Because it is implemented as a patch, if any of the files the update is trying to patch are different, the whole thing fails. This is expected behavior.

3) Send me a message.

Crap! My phone doesn't work!

I told you to make a nandroid. You should restore, then send me a message about what you did.

Last edited:

ifly4vamerica

Jun 13, 2010
Thanks for this zip, while its downloading, im on 3g right now,just thought id ask what rom you were running when you flashed? Or better yet were you odex or deodex?

GN Sent

anonim1

Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for this. Unfortunately, I'm getting the "error 7" that some people ran into in one of the other threads I was following. I followed the instructions from this thread to first install the FC12 radios, then the FD02 (using fastboot). When I try to apply your update through CWM, I get the error 7. I'm fully stock other than the radio upgrade, unlocked bootloader, and rooted (at least I think I'm still rooted).

jwischka

Jun 14, 2010
Thanks for this. Unfortunately, I'm getting the "error 7" that some people ran into in one of the other threads I was following. I followed the instructions from this thread to first install the FC12 radios, then the FD02 (using fastboot). When I try to apply your update through CWM, I get the error 7. I'm fully stock other than the radio upgrade, unlocked bootloader, and rooted (at least I think I'm still rooted).

Which assert is failing?

Can you post it here?

Thanks

anonim1

Mar 14, 2011
It looks like the device is failing either the product.device or build.product checks:
Code:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "toroplus" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "toroplus"
E:Error in /sdcard/update_mysidspr_FC12_to_FD02_no_radio.zip
(Status 7)

jwischka

Jun 14, 2010
It looks like the device is failing either the product.device or build.product checks:
Code:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "toroplus" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "toroplus"
(Status 7)

Interesting. So you don't have a Galaxy Nexus (or at least, CWM doesn't think you do). I suspect that the CWM version just says "toro", or something similar, being ported straight away from the VZW Nexus.

I can rip that line out and make it probably work, but frankly I wouldn't be the first one flashing it on my phone. If you're up for it, I can put a new zip up and see if it works.

anonim1

Mar 14, 2011
How about a simple zip that just displays the values of those two properties first? Sorry, I've done development before but don't know the first thing to creating a zip to deploy on Android :confused:

Thanks for your help.

jwischka

Jun 14, 2010
How about a simple zip that just displays the values of those two properties first? Sorry, I've done development before but don't know the first thing to creating a zip to deploy on Android :confused:

Thanks for your help.

Actually I've replaced it with a zip that will allow it to be run on a toroplus or toro.

If you don't mind giving that a whirl? If my suspicion is correct, it will work straight away. If that doesn't work, I can do the other, I think.

Assuming you are on a Stock Sprint Galaxy Nexus, this shouldn't break anything, and that's the first assert in the file - so you're going to have to pass a few hundred others to make sure it doesn't break stuff.

(download link is updated).

anonim1

Mar 14, 2011
Actually I've replaced it with a zip that will allow it to be run on a toroplus or toro.

If you don't mind giving that a whirl? If my suspicion is correct, it will work straight away. If that doesn't work, I can do the other, I think.

Assuming you are on a Stock Sprint Galaxy Nexus, this shouldn't break anything, and that's the first assert in the file - so you're going to have to pass a few hundred others to make sure it doesn't break stuff.

Thank you. Evidently, toroplus = Sprint's version of Galaxy Nexus. I suspect when I first installed CWM Recovery that there was only a single Galaxy Nexus LTE option. I just checked again, and there is a separate Recovery for Sprint Galaxy Nexus, which I'm installing now. I'll use your old zip first to see if the device passes the toroplus check this time; if not, I'll use the updated zip.

Reactions: jwischka

anonim1

Mar 14, 2011
Thank you. Evidently, toroplus = Sprint's version of Galaxy Nexus. I suspect when I first installed CWM Recovery that there was only a single Galaxy Nexus LTE option. I just checked again, and there is a separate Recovery for Sprint Galaxy Nexus, which I'm installing now. I'll use your old zip first to see if the device passes the toroplus check this time; if not, I'll use the updated zip.

Yup, sure enough, that was it. After updating to the latest CWM Recovery, it passed the "toroplus" check and was able to install your original zip.. up to you whether or not you want to revert the download to the first version. Thanks for your help and quick responses.

jwischka

Jun 14, 2010
Yup, sure enough, that was it. After updating to the latest CWM Recovery, it passed the "toroplus" check and was able to install your original zip.. up to you whether or not you want to revert the download to the first version. Thanks for your help and quick responses.

No problem.

I've reverted to the original zip, and will update the original post.

Reactions: anonim1

droidsrus

Nov 18, 2009
bridgeport, ct
Code:
(Status 7)

I'm getting this error. With the latest cwm recovery. The sprint version. I flashed the recovery three times already. What else can it be? Or does this only apply to people with stock roms? And cm users are just stuck with fc12 files? I'm a confused child. Help please.lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Last edited:

jwischka

Jun 14, 2010
I'm getting this error. With the latest cwm recovery. The sprint version. I flashed the recovery three times already. What else can it be? Help please.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

1) Is yours failing on the same assert?
2) Can you try flashing TWRP (just for this, you can flash back to CWM) to see if it works (and post back if it does)?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What this is:

This is a flashable zip file which will do all of the non-radio (and non-bootloader, and non-recovery) related changes to your system files that were performed by the OTA update. If you are still semi-stock and flashed the radio images, like I did, you're still stuck on FC12, and your phone is telling you that it needs to update. Annoying. This will fix that.

When you run this, you will hopefully end up with something that looks like this:

2012-05-04%2010.04.37.png

What this is not:

This will not update your radios. If you want it to update your radios, this is not the place for you. If you have used fastboot to update your radios, this is for you.

Typical disclaimers that my attorney sister would want me to put in:

This worked for me. If it does not work for you, tough crackers. You should take a nandroid of your phone before you apply this in case it doesn't work. I tested it in TWRP 2.1.2. If it doesn't work for you in CWM, again, tough crackers. I am not responsible if this breaks your phone. I'm also not really responsible if this doesn't break your phone. This zip file is provided with no warranty, expressed or implied. I'll try to help where I can, but when the rubber meets the road, you're on your own if this goes pear-shaped.

Installation:

Download this file. Flash with your preferred recovery. Enjoy.

Something didn't work:

1) Make sure you are on the latest version of CWM/TWRP. If you installed on Day 1, it is possible that you are running a toro CWM, and not a toroplus. Seeing as how this is the first thing the installer checks, it will not work if you have the VZW version installed. Rinse, repeat.

2) This will only work if you are on a stock rom. It's not for CM9, or any custom roms. Because it is implemented as a patch, if any of the files the update is trying to patch are different, the whole thing fails. This is expected behavior.

3) Send me a message.

Crap! My phone doesn't work!

I told you to make a nandroid. You should restore, then send me a message about what you did.
    I wonder what type of bootloader updates were involved?

Not certain, but there is a bootloader patch.

No problem.

I've reverted to the original zip, and will update the original post.
    Sorry if i missed it but is this rooted? Thnx.....

This simply patches various files on your phone, and is not a "full" system. As such, I don't believe it will break root, but I used the OTARootkeeper so I wouldn't have to find out.