Roaming constantly on CM11

Search This thread

LemonNinja

Mar 31, 2011
San Lorenzo
I'm running the 2/3 build of CM nightlies and, ever since the 2/2 build, my network seems to constantly be on Digital Roaming even when I know I'm in an area with service. I also have roaming off and set to "Home only" in my settings. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Wolfaitor

Jul 22, 2010
In the same boat as OP. Already tried updating the PRL and profile, disabling roaming data, changing to Home Only, disabling LTE, setting the PRL to LTE/CDMA auto, and forcing it onto the PCS 1900MHz band, but it's staying on roaming.

The odd thing is, it's only roaming on data and not voice/SMS service, according to the info in the Testing menu, and it's only roaming on CM11 (it was fine when I restored my backup of stock to update the PRL and profile). Haven't been able to come up with a solution, anyone find something that works? I'm hesitant to call Sprint considering it's fine on stock.

numel007

Apr 22, 2011
I'm having the same issue. I saw this on an alpha build of Pacrom. After an extensive night of testing and testing, the conclusion is the phone SAYS it's roaming but in actuality it is not. You are on Sprint's network. You can test the same way I did. Open your sprint data summary and record your used data. Now download an app, say maybe 5 mb on the "roaming." Wait half an hour and then refresh your data summary page. You will see am increase in used data, not in roaming data. So there's simply something wrong with the phone which is causing it to believe it roams when it is not.

Sent from my EVO

Wolfaitor

Jul 22, 2010
My service is notably different though: less reliable, slower, occasionally giving false positives about data connectivity, unable to tether. I've confirmed this by flashing a Sense-based backup, it's definitely the ROM, not my service or phone. The 2/5 build hasn't fixed it, either. I'm going to try and flash it back to the 2/1 build, but is there any reason why this could be?

This came to mind when I saw this thread.. Apparently it's known and only cosmetic.

y9a3eher.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

My service is notably different though: less reliable, slower, occasionally giving false positives about data connectivity, unable to tether. I've confirmed this by flashing a Sense-based backup, it's definitely the ROM, not my service or phone. The 2/5 build hasn't fixed it, either. I'm going to try and flash it back to the 2/1 build, but is there any reason why this could be?

Service(data) has always been shaky/rocky on non-sense based roms... Battery life as well....

Reactions: buckhunter

Wolfaitor

Jul 22, 2010
Service(data) has always been shaky/rocky on non-sense based roms... Battery life as well....

Sure, I've been doing the custom ROM thing for a couple years, jumped off Sense as soon as I got this phone on release, I'm well aware of differences in service. But there's a difference between "shaky/rocky service" and "basically non-existent service", even compared to the CM11 nightly a couple days ago. I have to wait a couple minutes to just load google.com in the browser, it's ridiculous.

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
It might be an issue with that specific build

Took the red pill. HTC evo 4G LTE evilution red pill.

buckhunter

Mar 1, 2011
I am in a known roaming area right now and I am showing 3g now. So maybe things are just switched up idk......

ELTE on Vanir Inverted ftw!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This came to mind when I saw this thread.. Apparently it's known and only cosmetic.

y9a3eher.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------