Xposed Framework for Android N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

FlyOnTheWall43

May 17, 2014
Holland, MI
The source code of Android N isn't released yet, so I can't work on Xposed support for it yet.

Just curious if you have any other platforms that you use to announce developments for xposed? Twitter, Facebook, G+, or a blog for example. I try to keep an eye on these forums, but it would be nice to be able to force a push notification/email for your work.

Thanks,
Fly

rovo89

Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2012
Just curious if you have any other platforms that you use to announce developments for xposed? Twitter, Facebook, G+, or a blog for example. I try to keep an eye on these forums, but it would be nice to be able to force a push notification/email for your work.

Thanks,
Fly

No, I don't. If you subscribe to the announcement thread, you can get email notifcations though.

organophosphate

Jul 26, 2011
ETA questions should be instant bans.
I agree that asking for ETAs is crass, but the status of Xposed support is the sole deciding factor for me when I consider whether to upgrade my OS. If there is no Xposed support, I will not run the OS. I ended up skipping Lollipop entirely and jumped straight from Ice Cream Sandwich to Marshmallow due to this. The question of Xposed support even controls my hardware purchases: if the hardware I want requires a version of Android that does not have Xposed support then I will not purchase the hardware.

I doubt I am alone.

I am polite enough not to inquire about ETAs, but I am definitely googling about current Xposed support status anytime I consider a hardware or software upgrade—which is how I landed here today.

The source code of Android N isn't released yet, so I can't work on Xposed support for it yet.
Thank you for everything; your framework is sine qua non for Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's not much to say at the moment - I haven't started looking into Nougat support yet, expect for syncing the source code to the build server.
    I didn't have that much time for Xposed in the past weeks/month, due to vacation, sickness, private stress and for many other reasons.

The time I had was spent mostly on the server move a while ago and on preparing a new version of Xposed Installer, which would be the prerequisite for the official systemless Xposed. I'm still working on that, and it's much more effort than I had thought due to all those little and bigger things that I want to change/improve. I was wondering whether I should pause these efforts and look into Nougat instead, but two huge projects in parallel are just too much when you have only a few hours per week. Besides that, Nougat usage seems to be still pretty low.

That means: I'm working hard on finishing the work on the installer. Once that is done, I'll either try to get systemless support out (as that was the reason to get started with the installer) or start with Nougat. Not sure yet. Maybe a combination of both, as I'm not sure whether stock ROMs will still run with modified /system at all.
    Is there a time of the year where ETAs are acceptable? I keep reading that it's rude.

Yeah, you are allowed to ask for an ETA between February 30th and February 31st ;) But only on those two days.
    Now we are at the time of the year were we are supposed to ask that one infamous question. When will be Xposed Framework for Android N be released? I know it's really too early to ask but still want to throw in the question just to be sure. :)
    Thread cleaned
    If you are here to make a worthless post like "Xposed is dead" hit the power off button instead of "Send"
    This site is to discuss development not to cry when you can't have something fast enough
    If you are not working on bringing Xposed to N or above, or have good alternatives, leave this thread!
    Posts will be deleted going forward without notice
    Repeat offenders will have actions taken upon their account
    Do what this site was created for...LEARN how to do things for yourself!
    The good people in this thread, please do not respond to troll posts but report them so they can be removed
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator