[SCRIPT] Disable F**K Services , trackers on all Apps 1.5[04/15]

Search This thread

harvey186

May 14, 2010
i confirm, work on 9 and 10 on my part...you made error or forget to give permission, or forget to remove the .txt
check again...

Permissons are OK. The script has run a while. I have downloaded it from NoGooLag as .sh so no need for renaming
I have checked the trackers via ClassyShark. After running the script and after reboot no trackers where removed.

EDIT: V13 same result. all trackers are still shown. the second attachment is from this try. Are theses messages normal ?
By the way, I'm on MagmaOS without any goolag Services

Attachments

• tracker.jpg
    tracker.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 900
  • messages.jpg
    messages.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 900
Last edited:

vjbenn

Apr 4, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thank you for the script!
Only nova launcher give me force close after ran the script and reboot didnt help, re-enable services fix it. Weird.

Last edited:

kostas gp

Jun 12, 2018
Redmi Note 8
Permissons are OK. The script has run a while. I have downloaded it from NoGooLag as .sh so no need for renaming
I have checked the trackers via ClassyShark. After running the script and after reboot no trackers where removed.

EDIT: V13 same result. all trackers are still shown. the second attachment is from this try. Are theses messages normal ?
By the way, I'm on MagmaOS without any goolag Services
They don't get removed, they get disabled.

scrubjay55

Nov 7, 2016
But my Pi-hole is still showing the connections to FB / Goolag and more

How are you checking if they are really disabled ??
it is the services that gets disabled. use an app like disableservices(which can be found on apkmirror) and see.
@rayman95 can you add an array like thingy in maybe beggining of the shell script that we can put exceptional packages that we dont want to be touched? so it can skip those while iterating through every package.

vjbenn

Apr 4, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F1
Disable com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider make some app & games force close (nova launcher, real racing 3, etc), I tried to re-enable this service via blocker app to fix this and it works

steveglowplunk

Sep 15, 2015
Nice work on the script! :good:
Though I found that running 'pm disable' on all apps even when the tracking components don't exist in them is very inefficient, so I ended up rewriting the script myself.

You can download the script here
It is highly recommended that you backup your apps using something like Titanium Backup first. In case some apps crash after running the script, you can still restore the backup.
To use it, copy 'aapt' to a directory in $PATH, such as /sbin. Give it execution permission, e.g. 'chmod +x /sbin/aapt'
Then run the script as su with a terminal emulator.

My script will dump a list of components (service/broadcast receiver/activity/content provider) of all installed apps, compare it against the list of trackers in the script, and disable those components if they match.
It will save a list of already processed apps to a text file in the current working directory, so they will not be processed twice when you run the script again (like maybe you've installed a new app and you want to disable its trackers by running the script).
I've also added a lot more trackers in the script.
One drawback of my script is that you need an extra binary, aapt. It is not native in android or included in busybox, but you can download it using the Termux app. You can also download aapt from the link above (it was also downloaded from Termux)
If some apps crash after running the script, you can use something like MyAndroidTools to re-enable the services.

I hope this will help you guys as well. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISABLE F**K SERVICES

Credits :

@MOVZX
    @saitama
    @DanGoodin from Ars Technica

Hi, first of all, I'm not a dev but a happy android user and I modify some existing tools to my needs and to ameliorate system use
    first I want to thank @MOVZX to let me use his script and @saitama to copy the tutorial. It give me the idea to add other google trackers in it...
    I would like to continue to add different trackers to block them all, so if you want to post it that I can add it...
    here is the description of the tool...

Disable F**k (Google) Services sh program by MOVZX
    Tutorial by saitama

The goal of this program is to disable many Google tracking **** from the Google Services and the installed apps. It will do a search and disable all the google analytics, ads, and firebase services for all user apps

1. Download the Disable****Services.sh file
    2. Copy it to /data/local/tmp with some root explorer (I used Mixplorer)
    2.5 DELETE THE .txt extension, because I can'tupload on AFH otherwise..
    3. Give it 755 permission (also used Mixplorer for this, right after pasting)
    4. Open a terminal (like Termux or Terminal Emulator)
    5. Do the following commands
    su
    cd /data/local/tmp
    sh Disable****Services.sh
    6. Wait (maybe a couple minutes depending on the number of apps installed)
    7. Done

Warning: there is a small chance some apps will force close after this​
    You have to unistall and install again your app to have a functionnal app or use the blocker app and modify permissions ...

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Blocker ( com.merxury.blocker )

Blocker is an open source Android App to block or disable app components (receiver, service, activity and content provider).

It works with PM (Package Manager) mode or IntentFirewall mode, it does support import/export Blocker rules, compatible with MyAndroidTools rules importing (or convert to IFW rules to import). PM mode was used by default.

Both IFW and PM mode require root to work, Blocker also provide Shizuku mode which require Shizuku Manager and adb to setup which does not require root.

Source code:
    https://github.com/lihenggui/blocker

Download:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.merxury.blocker

Hopefully soon on fdroid:
    https://github.com/lihenggui/blocker/issues/22
    https://gitlab.com/fdroid/rfp/issues/947

? @libreware
    #blocker #intent #mat

GitHub (https://github.com/lihenggui/blocker)
    lihenggui/blocker
    An useful tools that controls android components. Contribute to lihenggui/blocker development by creating an account on GitHub.

Links :

Look in my AFH Folder for blocker app and the script
    Nice work on the script! :good:
    Though I found that running 'pm disable' on all apps even when the tracking components don't exist in them is very inefficient, so I ended up rewriting the script myself.

You can download the script here
    It is highly recommended that you backup your apps using something like Titanium Backup first. In case some apps crash after running the script, you can still restore the backup.
    To use it, copy 'aapt' to a directory in $PATH, such as /sbin. Give it execution permission, e.g. 'chmod +x /sbin/aapt'
    Then run the script as su with a terminal emulator.

My script will dump a list of components (service/broadcast receiver/activity/content provider) of all installed apps, compare it against the list of trackers in the script, and disable those components if they match.
    It will save a list of already processed apps to a text file in the current working directory, so they will not be processed twice when you run the script again (like maybe you've installed a new app and you want to disable its trackers by running the script).
    I've also added a lot more trackers in the script.
    One drawback of my script is that you need an extra binary, aapt. It is not native in android or included in busybox, but you can download it using the Termux app. You can also download aapt from the link above (it was also downloaded from Termux)
    If some apps crash after running the script, you can use something like MyAndroidTools to re-enable the services.

I hope this will help you guys as well. :)
    I have updated my script. Probably made it overly complicated.
    Download it here
    You need all the files from the version 1.1 folder. Read instructions.txt to learn how to use.

In this version, I've added the functionality of downloading tracker names from Exodus Privacy. The tracker list should be much more complete now.

Tell me if there are any problems :)
    new version 1.5 is up with much more trackers...thank's @steveglowplunk for the new ones.....
    changelog :

- 1.0 : Original version from @MOVZX
    - 1.1 : add Facebook trackers
    - 1.2 : add IAMs trackers read Ars technica article
    - 1.3 : more FB adds and chinese trackers too...thank's to @LE CHEVALIER for the help Veyrbin
    - 1.4 : I remove some trackers i added myself but without confirmation and I add some flurry adds
    - 1.5 : much more trackers...thank's @steveglowplunk for the new ones