[Q] Unrevoked doesn't work for me!

Search This thread

nando1983

Jan 7, 2011
Hi, everyone. I tried to root the HTC Gratia/Aria.
On windows (NOOBZ: The EASY guide to rooting your Aria and Installing Attn1's ROM (Win XP/Vista)) the program remains on "Waiting for root" and if I reboot manualy it fails. So I have tried with linux: I used a bootable usb (Ubuntu LiveCD with ADB and Unrevoked Recovery installer(Guide)). Again no luck : the terminal says "Error: n = -1,errno = 19 (No such device)" and the program gives me "Internal error: failed to unlock nand flash".:mad:
Any Hint??How can I root the Gratia/Aria?:confused:
Thx for all,
Nando

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
Hi, everyone. I tried to root the HTC Gratia/Aria.
On windows (NOOBZ: The EASY guide to rooting your Aria and Installing Attn1's ROM (Win XP/Vista)) the program remains on "Waiting for root" and if I reboot manualy it fails. So I have tried with linux: I used a bootable usb (Ubuntu LiveCD with ADB and Unrevoked Recovery installer(Guide)). Again no luck : the terminal says "Error: n = -1,errno = 19 (No such device)" and the program gives me "Internal error: failed to unlock nand flash".:mad:
Any Hint??How can I root the Gratia/Aria?:confused:
Thx for all,
Nando

There are a couple of things that may be coming into play here.

1. Is this really an HTC Gratia and is it running Android 2.2? If so then Unrevoked can not root this version at this time.

2. If by luck you actually have an Aria and it is still running Android 2.1, then you need to download and use Unrevoked 3.21. The most recent version of Unrevoked 3.31 has an issue with some Android 2.1 devices such as the Aria.

bedimon

Jan 10, 2011
Is it just the HTC Aria (S31HT, by Emobile in Japan, running 2.2) that has a write protection on the system folder, or is this the issue with all HTC Aria models running 2.2?
Several Japanese pages contain comments that due to this fact this specific model might never be rootable.

Last edited:

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
Is it just the HTC Aria (S31HT, by Emobile in Japan, running 2.2) that has a write protection on the system folder, or is this the issue with all HTC Aria models running 2.2?
Several Japanese pages contain comments that due to this fact this specific model might never be rootable.

It woiuld seem that any HTC Aria/Gratia that is shipped with 2.2 (or more specifically HBOOT 1.0) is not rootable at this point.

Reactions: bedimon

shokwaav

Aug 23, 2010
hi, my friend wants to root his aria but he's got the same NAND unlock problem..

his aria came with 2.1 and he then got the official upgrade to 2.2.

this thread suggests that the hboot is the problem but surely an upgrade to 2.2 wouldnt change the hboot?

pls help :)

EDIT: he seems to have hboot 1.02.000 which means that he won't be able to root?

Last edited:

zervic

Sep 26, 2010
hi, my friend wants to root his aria but he's got the same NAND unlock problem..

his aria came with 2.1 and he then got the official upgrade to 2.2.

this thread suggests that the hboot is the problem but surely an upgrade to 2.2 wouldnt change the hboot?

pls help :)

EDIT: he seems to have hboot 1.02.000 which means that he won't be able to root?

yes the official upgrade to 2.2 WILL change the hboot ;) so no, he cannot root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It woiuld seem that any HTC Aria/Gratia that is shipped with 2.2 (or more specifically HBOOT 1.0) is not rootable at this point.
    Yes the hboot is what is holding you up. The hole they used to root the older hboots has been plugged. So you are just going to have to wait.