[WINDOWS] {05/22} WET_ANDY * a UNIVERSAL splash screen converter and flashing tool

Search This thread

Childofthehorn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2010
DFW, Texaaas
Meet Wet Andy, a UNIVERSAL splash screen tool.

WetAndy.png

Yes, you heard right, this is a tool that can take any standard image (jpg, png, bmp), convert it to the exact screen size of your device, and flash it to your device.

Custom splash screens have never been easier! It will work with API7 through API15 without issue (on the 8 different devices I tested). This is a self-contained package, no installers, and can be used from a flash drive with no additional downloads required. All the tools are right there!

STEPS:

1. Connect your Device and enable USB Debugging. Start the "Wet Andy" program by clicking it.

2. Hit the "TEST ADB" button, it will tell you if your device is connected. (output can be seen as ADBTEST.txt in the folder)

3. Hit "PICK" and you must pick an image file that is JPG, BMP, or PNG using the file chooser.

4. Hit "CONVERT", you will not see the progress on screen, but when you see your image, display.txt, and splash.img in the program folder it has worked!
* This program auto converts the image to the size of your screen, so you can use any image. If your phone does not display its screen size in the props, the default is 480x800

5. Close the program. (ffmpeg has something weord where it keeps going, but don't worry as it WORKED.

6. Restart the program and "TEST ADB"

7. Once you see it is connected, hit "Install"
* The phone will freeze, then reboot into the bootloader. From there, it will do the install.
* Once you see the screen go blank and the program show "Installing", it has installed and is rebooting
* You will see the new image as it boots!

TO REUSE AND FLASH ANOTHER IMAGE TO THE SPLASH, DELETE THE SPLASH.IMG !!!!

DOWNLOAD: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58849669/WetAndy.windows.zip

Say THANKS and/or DONATE if you like the program!!!

NOTICE: BY USING THIS PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO THE RIGHTS AND PRIVILAGES OF GOOGLE AND THEIR SDK TOOLS

varun.chitre15

Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
^^OP
This works for all phones?
My boot.img contains logo in form of rle
That is initlogo.rle
Then?
What if I want splash screen in form of initlogo.rle?

Childofthehorn

Jun 6, 2010
DFW, Texaaas
This is not your boot.img, this is the system splash which is before your kernel and such. Messing with your Boot.img is a different matter.

Works on all devices that use the splash standard set forth by Android.

This is not a boot animation. This is just an image at startup.

Requires Root, shell, and fastboot access. SGS2 users need to be running AOSP packages that use the base system standards.

varun.chitre15

Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
What?
I have Micromax A70 and we have first boot logo inside the kernel i.e zimage and second bootlogo is from boot.img which is initlogo.rel :p
We dont have any splash partition to flash splash.img via fastboot
So this is not for our device?

Childofthehorn

Jun 6, 2010
DFW, Texaaas
This is unfortunately, not going to rip your boot image, replace the image and zip it all up again. Kernel code requires that you compile your own after doing the conversion.

I can make a converter and compiler for kernel code that puts your image in there with links to the source code.

They basically made those areas blank and put no beginning splash. What you are seeing with the kernel start and boot start is not a splash image. Your images are built into your running code, so not your boot splash.

Running as the zImage and uImage pieces is not true native Android code and does not really adhere to the base code standard. They basically put a micro layer between the OS and the hardcoded chip firmware. They run it as a standard OS.

Childofthehorn

Jun 6, 2010
DFW, Texaaas
Just try it. There is literally no harm that can come from this program. If you have no splash ability on your devices, well can't help you there just yet.

Its just using fastboot to flash the splash image. The fancier bits are in the device recognition with display specs and file conversion.

For the SGS2 users and those whose boot images are in the kernel, I can make a image converter that automatically compiles the kernel, then pushes it and flashes the new kernel. I can also add some fuctionality for rle image conversion for some of the more odd implementations.

Tell me if you want it. I can do it. Not that hard.

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
How long does it take for a file to be converted? It has said file loaded for a while and seems to stay there?

Ok never mind I restarted it duh LOL and it seemed to install but the splash screen is the same, will try again

Last edited:

Childofthehorn

Jun 6, 2010
DFW, Texaaas
You got it Bill!

Hopefully this takes the guess work out.

Its really a GREAT way to insure your device has another layer of safety because you can make an image that has your name and personal contact information that the person who finds it can you to get a hold of you. Also, regardless of if someone manages to boot into recovery mode and completely wipe your data or flash a new image, they CAN'T wipe this. That is unless they are a very diligent thief and find this tool!

Archangel

Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
Thats just the thing how long do you have to wait for the file to convert? I left my device connected for roughly 30 mins and all I saw was a text file created, no splash.img??

Open the folder that contains the program. When it is finished, you will see a new file called splash.img. Then, close wet Andy, and restart it. And select install. Bada bing Bada boom...

Childofthehorn

Jun 6, 2010
DFW, Texaaas
You have to PICK a file for it to convert. You must pick, then convert. It only works on PNG, JPG, and BMP file formats for the pictures. PICK loads the file into the program and then hit CONVERT. I would double check that your device is connected. If you are also only seeing display.txt and NOT the splash.img or a copy of the picture you are converting and flashing, you did not hit the PICK option first. That or your internal windows tools are super-broke.

Also check that ffmpeg isnt running rampant on your processes.

There just isn't a good reason why its worked for everyone else and your computer is having issues, unless something is wrong.

Please outline exactly what you are doing and seeing.

Thats just the thing how long do you have to wait for the file to convert? I left my device connected for roughly 30 mins and all I saw was a text file created, no splash.img??

Archangel

Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
Ok I connect my device to my computer and just to be sure I check my ADB connection by running a command prompt and typing adb devices and my devices shows up. Then I back out of that and go into the wet andy program and test the ADB connection and it says device connected! Then I pick a picture of my car (dont judge me its a corvette LOL) it is a jpg file and it says file loaded! Then I hit convert and it just sits there and does nothing? I have tried several other pics and nothing happens after I hit convert?

You have to PICK a file for it to convert. You must pick, then convert. It only works on PNG, JPG, and BMP file formats for the pictures. PICK loads the file into the program and then hit CONVERT. I would double check that your device is connected. If you are also only seeing display.txt and NOT the splash.img or a copy of the picture you are converting and flashing, you did not hit the PICK option first. That or your internal windows tools are super-broke.

Also check that ffmpeg isnt running rampant on your processes.

There just isn't a good reason why its worked for everyone else and your computer is having issues, unless something is wrong.

Please outline exactly what you are doing and seeing.

Childofthehorn

Jun 6, 2010
DFW, Texaaas
Ok I connect my device to my computer and just to be sure I check my ADB connection by running a command prompt and typing adb devices and my devices shows up. Then I back out of that and go into the wet andy program and test the ADB connection and it says device connected! Then I pick a picture of my car (dont judge me its a corvette LOL) it is a jpg file and it says file loaded! Then I hit convert and it just sits there and does nothing? I have tried several other pics and nothing happens after I hit convert?

After that, you should see your img file in the folder for the program.

Close Wet Andy, restart it, check your adb connection, and Then run INSTALL.

It will install and reboot your device!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Meet Wet Andy, a UNIVERSAL splash screen tool.

WetAndy.png

Yes, you heard right, this is a tool that can take any standard image (jpg, png, bmp), convert it to the exact screen size of your device, and flash it to your device.

Custom splash screens have never been easier! It will work with API7 through API15 without issue (on the 8 different devices I tested). This is a self-contained package, no installers, and can be used from a flash drive with no additional downloads required. All the tools are right there!

STEPS:

1. Connect your Device and enable USB Debugging. Start the "Wet Andy" program by clicking it.

2. Hit the "TEST ADB" button, it will tell you if your device is connected. (output can be seen as ADBTEST.txt in the folder)

3. Hit "PICK" and you must pick an image file that is JPG, BMP, or PNG using the file chooser.

4. Hit "CONVERT", you will not see the progress on screen, but when you see your image, display.txt, and splash.img in the program folder it has worked!
    * This program auto converts the image to the size of your screen, so you can use any image. If your phone does not display its screen size in the props, the default is 480x800

5. Close the program. (ffmpeg has something weord where it keeps going, but don't worry as it WORKED.

6. Restart the program and "TEST ADB"

7. Once you see it is connected, hit "Install"
    * The phone will freeze, then reboot into the bootloader. From there, it will do the install.
    * Once you see the screen go blank and the program show "Installing", it has installed and is rebooting
    * You will see the new image as it boots!

TO REUSE AND FLASH ANOTHER IMAGE TO THE SPLASH, DELETE THE SPLASH.IMG !!!!

DOWNLOAD: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58849669/WetAndy.windows.zip

Say THANKS and/or DONATE if you like the program!!!

NOTICE: BY USING THIS PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO THE RIGHTS AND PRIVILAGES OF GOOGLE AND THEIR SDK TOOLS