HTC Mini+ Tips

Search This thread

wpghtc

Mar 5, 2010
Just got it and I am loving it.

Does anyone have any tips or secrets to share?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1401901731611.jpg
    1401901731611.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 862

PcFish

Jul 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Reading the Manual, you can use it as a laser pointer when doing power point presentations from your phone apparently.

Personally, I use it to take group photos and as a tv remote while my phone is charging.

wpghtc

Mar 5, 2010
Reading the Manual, you can use it as a laser pointer when doing power point presentations from your phone apparently.

Personally, I use it to take group photos and as a tv remote while my phone is charging.

I have read the manual, thanks. I didn't notice any secrets, hidden functions or tips in the massive 3 pages of info, hence my asking the forum.

Pure+

May 28, 2013
How much do they cost again? Is it worth it?

Sent from my vR:M8

Pure+

May 28, 2013
I picked up mine for $79.
So far it is awesome. Well worth it.

What do you use it the most for? I could see myself using something like it if I could text with it... But since that's obviously put of the question I'm not sure it brings that much to the table.

wpghtc

Mar 5, 2010
When I am working it is hard to pull out a smartphone use it effectively. My hands are dirty and I am often up on a ladder.
With the mini+ I can make and answer calls, reply to texts, read texts etc...
I love that I can speed dial the same way I can on the phone. I added a few custom text messages.
I have used it to control Google Music etc.

Pure+

May 28, 2013
When I am working it is hard to pull out a smartphone use it effectively. My hands are dirty and I am often up on a ladder.
With the mini+ I can make and answer calls, reply to texts, read texts etc...
I love that I can speed dial the same way I can on the phone. I added a few custom text messages.
I have used it to control Google Music etc.

So you have really just bought it as a work tool. I get that.

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but What exactly is this product that we are discussing? It looks like one of the phones we used back in the early 2000's...

It's a bizarre product if you ask me. Essentially it's a Bluetooth remote for your phone if I understand correctly. Allows you to perform basic functions away from your actual phone.

I can only really see one viable usage for this and that's business users. If you're using your phone to project a slideshow or stream a video you can then use the mini to respond to calls and texts without interrupting.

Even still, I don't think it's really a great product for the everyday user, business or no business.

Screams gimmick.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for explaining. I agree, it seems like a strange product for $80ish. I mean, if you really need something like this, then by all means go for it, but I sometimes don't see the point of these flashy technologies.

Indeed. I'd rather spend the money on the HTC power back myself. Or the boom box. I'd get more use out of those. Even the Fetch would be of more use to me then the Mini.

zobaoyzo

Jun 15, 2007
HTC MIni+ for tablets

Whilst I got all HTC One models and this thing works well, Ultimately it could be a hot seller if it works with any android device. I've paired it with my Galaxy Note 8 3g, which has phone functionality but looks ridiculous if you use it directly as a phone. But it is severely limited. You can only pick up a call, but you can neither dial nor see anything on screen. With HTC phones, you can see who's calling, dial from phone history or through keypad etc. But nada on another device. This sucks. Does anybody know how to hack this to work with any android device. I'm sure if you know which files HTC is using in its system for all this, you can hack it like people have hacked Samsung Gear to pretty much work with any android:confused:

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
First, it is an overpriced nearly worthless accessory. Yes, if you want a 1999 candy bar phone, great. It also will use the laser when powered off & my dog likes to chase the red dot. However, it DOES NOT allow you to reply to text messages, not really. It lets you select pre-written messages to send, but you cannot compose on the fly. HTC also killed the 12 hr clock, in favor of 24 hr only. Whatever, not a big deal. It could be kind of useful, but the range on it really is atrocious. The degradation is nearly unbearable at 10 feet. So, why do I have this? One reason alone. It works perfectly to control Google Play Music which I use constantly in the car, of which I drive 50,000 to 60,000 miles annually.

Also, the ringtone on it is pitifully low, as is the vibration. But it makes a great remote in the car, albeit a bit expensive, controlling tracks, volume & play/pause.

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
I'd probably bite on this for $50. My m8 is going to be a DAP after I retire it because it is an excellent music player and has nice synergy with my C5D DAC/amp. Would be awesome to change tracks and do other stuff without having to turn screen on.

sent from my HTC One M8 using hofo mobile app

Usagu

Feb 6, 2015
Found service for HTC mini+. Can I edit for other phones?

Attachments

• com.htc.accessory.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 111

badboy47

Nov 23, 2009
First, it is an overpriced nearly worthless accessory. Yes, if you want a 1999 candy bar phone, great. It also will use the laser when powered off & my dog likes to chase the red dot. However, it DOES NOT allow you to reply to text messages, not really. It lets you select pre-written messages to send, but you cannot compose on the fly. HTC also killed the 12 hr clock, in favor of 24 hr only. Whatever, not a big deal. It could be kind of useful, but the range on it really is atrocious. The degradation is nearly unbearable at 10 feet. So, why do I have this? One reason alone. It works perfectly to control Google Play Music which I use constantly in the car, of which I drive 50,000 to 60,000 miles annually.

Also, the ringtone on it is pitifully low, as is the vibration. But it makes a great remote in the car, albeit a bit expensive, controlling tracks, volume & play/pause.

I feel the same way.