[Nov 4,2014][KK4.4.4][ SlimKAT mac89][Unofficial] Kernel 3.0.101 [ION]

Search This thread

macs18max

Apr 3, 2010
@max18max , @pixelfreak , @walter79

Can you compile Carbon rom?? I very like Carbon!! If you can, please share your device tree, i will compile carbon for myself!! Many thanks!!
Hey buddy. Welcome back. Good to see you alive. How have you been? Big thanks to you for helping me on kitkat. Even though I released the ROM much later coz I was concentrating more on the kernel, but it was great help from you to get me started with kitkat. I'm currently offshore and will be back in a week or more, and I will upload the my device tree.

werty100

Aug 31, 2011
Testing rom...
My settings:
Nand with EXT4
Broken Screen
SD Sandisk class 10 8GB
OFF animations
Slim Launcher
400MB for system

Incorret battery percentage: 78% charging reboot and 94%
Thanks to Slim Launcher there is no lag at all in luncher
Anoying problem with lockscren if your phone lock then is to hard un unlock it becouse nothing is proyect in the screen
I/WindowManager( 1655): Lock screen displayed!
D/PowerManagerService-JNI( 1655): Excessive delay in autosuspend_enable() while
turning screen off: 279ms

Last edited:

mohamedbahi

Oct 3, 2008
my HD2 became very slow and frozen frequently
Please help
my hd2 frozen and the rom becomes very slow after minutes from restarting it
i have istalled the rom SD- ext (2 gb in size ) using MAGLDR EXT4 file partition
the pone get hardly to wake up after i press wale up key

please help
Best Regards

gwhite5

Mar 13, 2014
Muscat, Oman
my HD2 became very slow and frozen frequently
Please help
my hd2 frozen and the rom becomes very slow after minutes from restarting it
i have istalled the rom SD- ext (2 gb in size ) using MAGLDR EXT4 file partition
the pone get hardly to wake up after i press wale up key

please help
Best Regards

Wipe dalvik, cache, data then use Paranoid Android Pico gapps after you've reinstalled the ROM.

Last edited:

mosi hd2

Jan 19, 2012
i installed this rom!
very smooth and seems it is very stable!
but,
  • when i want to turn off GPS, phone has soft reboot! (wifi on)
  • if wifi is on, and there is no modem signal, phone will be crashed and i have to turn off wifi and reboot phone
  • i have problem to share photos on instagram (same mac4a)
  • memory is 388MB (same mac4a)
  • when i open 3 or more apps, phone will be laggy! (same mac4a) (i changed "background proccess limit" in devepoler options )

Despite XDA developers, we're very fortunate... :angel:
thank you for your great work! :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: philipped346

luckyvictor

Mar 30, 2010
HI

I am not quite sure how to install this rom, as I couldn;t successfully run it.

1st, I have aMAGLDR V1.13
2nd, I follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=893948

but I stuck in the step where it says run DAF.exe or install.exe, as I just don't find any of this file in the slimkat_mac89.zip that I download.

However, I then use this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044830, flash a 400MB partition CWR and run update to install the zip, I can install it (I mean I see the installation menu on phone and it runs till the end), then it restarts, and stuck in the first screen,

Booting Android fro NAND
ANDROID LOAD at 11800000
from NAND
yaffs2 part is /boot
Load zIamge
Load initrd.gz
[K]11808000:0 12200000:435000
Load Done!
GO GO GO!

then it never moves......

May I have any advice please?

luckyvictor

Mar 30, 2010
Did you use the partition sizes stated in the first post of this thread? Edit; 380mb system and 13mb boot
What sizes did you use?

misc ya 1M
recovery rrecov|ro|nospr 9M recovery_leo.img
boot yboot|ro 13M
system ya 380M
cache ya 5M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

and I try to use the DataOnExt method, so I have a 8GB microSD installed and assign around 2GB for the Ext4 partition. Then I copied the slimkat_mac89.zip into this microSD card and install.

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Only thing I can think of is increase boot partition to 14

Edit; try
in sdcard go to NativeSD folder (if not available create it)
Create a folder/directory "CM11_NAND" (you can give any name)
unzip the rom.zip on your pc
Add file "boot/zImage" to CM11_NAND folder
Add file "boot/boot_MAGLDR_NAND_with_DataOnEXT/initrd.gz" to CM11_NAND folder
Boot into MAGLDR menu, 10. Services> 1.bootsettings > 3 ad sd dir >CM11_NAND
select 2.boot AD SD and see if it boots

Last edited:
Reactions: mosi hd2

luckyvictor

Mar 30, 2010
Only thing I can think of is increase boot partition to 14

Edit; try
in sdcard go to NativeSD folder (if not available create it)
Create a folder/directory "CM11_NAND" (you can give any name)
unzip the rom.zip on your pc
Add file "boot/zImage" to CM11_NAND folder
Add file "boot/boot_MAGLDR_NAND_with_DataOnEXT/initrd.gz" to CM11_NAND folder
Boot into MAGLDR menu, 10. Services> 1.bootsettings > 3 ad sd dir >CM11_NAND
select 2.boot AD SD and see if it boots

so do i do the installation please? otherwise it is what i get:
Load zImage
K:/NativeSD/zIamge
SD Kernel Open failed

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
so do i do the installation please? otherwise it is what i get:
Load zImage
K:/NativeSD/zIamge
SD Kernel Open failed
did you put initrd.gz and zImage in /sdcard/NativeSD folder? or CM11_NAND folder?
Edit; those two files need to go in /sdcard/NativeSD folder too. They are in CM11_NAND folder so that you can switch roms with datagr's app.

Last edited:

luckyvictor

Mar 30, 2010
did you put initrd.gz and zImage in /sdcard/NativeSD folder? or CM11_NAND folder?
Edit; those two files need to go in /sdcard/NativeSD folder too. They are in CM11_NAND folder so that you can switch roms with datagr's app.

Many thanks, I am able to install it and run into the slimKat now, many many thanks, you are a problem solver!

luckyvictor

Mar 30, 2010
I have been using this slimkat on my HD2 for a few days, and today I discover an issue

I am listening to music and when I plug in a headphone, nothing happens, I mean the audio is output to the phone speaker rather than to the 3.5mm audio jack.

May I ask whether it is a system bug or hardware problem of my phone please? (I try a few different working headphone and have the same result)

caracal reloaded

Apr 8, 2010
Wifi is very slow. 742 B/s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Wifi optimization Off

Someone can fix it?

(unusable rom. all slow)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Bringing to you SlimKat 4.4.4. This is an unofficial ROM which is built from source by merging Evervolvs Legacy code and HD2 related files.
    with kernel 3.0.101

Credits:
    SLIM TEAM for the amazing features and allowing me to build the rom.
    EVERVOLV TEAM for the legacy codes.
    marc1706, Tytung, Sportsstar89, Securecrt, Xylograph, ph03n!x, datagr, Rick_1995, Daekin, BSDgeek_Jake
    texasice, KonstaT, Gangster41, spezi, marco.palumbi, Robbie-P, PixelFreak, chautruongthinh for all HD2 kernels, libs, mods, corrections
    And all those individual/teams who I might have missed.

My Special thanks to marc1706, Nikez, Securecrt, chautruongthinh, gilbert32, Robbie P, HypoTurtle , Daekin, walter79, for their recent support on kernel 3.0.xx and ROM

ROM uses new kernel 3.0.101 with ION.
    Kernel features:
    • Updated to 3.0.101
    • ION
    • CPU Governors: Smartassv2, Ondemand, Performance, Interactive
    • IO Schedulers: Noop, Deadline, Row, cfq, bfq (default), sio
    • Bcmdhd wifi drivers
    • pmem camera (works with newer aosp camera)

Whats working:
    • Phone
    • Audio
    • SMS
    • Data: 3G/HSDPA
    • USB Mass Storage
    • Notification lights
    • Wi-Fi
    • Camera (New 4.4.4)
    • Camcorder
    • Panorama
    • 720p Video Playback
    • GPS/AGPS
    • Wifi tethering (should work havent tested)

Not Working/Bugs:
    • Booting from wince/haret
    • rmnet on magldr (Using PPP for data in magldr)
    • Native USB Tethering or using 3rd party app
    • BT tethering (should work havent tested)
    • battery indicator (may be still havent tested) Nobody complained so assuming it is fixed
    • adb on windows PC's
    • art
    • turning off gps when wifi is on causes reboot fixed

Porting
    • Kindly do not port any system files in your ROM, you can use the kernel and its module though.

Support
    • If you have a problem and want to post it please give us mininmum details such as Tmous1024 or EU448, MAGLDR or CLK, Nand, Data2Ext, NativeSD, System partition.
    • Also giving us logcats would be helpful
    • This is an unofficial ROM so do not post any queries or question about this rom in slim's thread/site.
    • Please dont post regarding any fucntion that is not working which has already been mention on the main thread

DOWNLOAD SlimKAT_mac89 Updated Nov 04 2014 > Read logs

TRDS Google Apps: I have not provided Google apps with the ROM that can be dowloaded from playstore at users wish.
    However if you like TRDS google apps (gapps that invert UI colors when we switch real dark slim) you can download and manually install each apk (not by flashing in recovery) from slims official website
    http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads

Installation Tips
    • System partition size 380B
    • Boot partition size 13MB for MAGLDR bootloader and 5MB for CLK bootloader (Credits Robbie)
    • First boot may take around 10-15 min
    • Once you see language screen let it settle for 3mins, do not touch the screen.
    • Enable developers setting by tapping repeatedly 10 times on Setting > About Phone > Build Number
    • You can adjust animation as you like in developers setting but Just make sure you have Animation Duration Scale set to 0.5 Anything below 0.5 may cause display glitches
    • Enable Settings > Developers Option > Force Gpu rendering
    • you may need to Get rooted by Setting > Developers Option > Root accesss > select "apps" or "apps and adb"

Please volunteer as this is a newer kernel so I need to know which installation method boots and which doesnt boot, so that I can try to fix it for
    also kindly give the following details below,

• HD2 type: EU (448MB) or Tmous(1024MB)
    • Type of installation: NativeSD, Nand, Data2ext
    • Bootloader: cLK or Magldr
    • Recovery type and version
    • Radio
    • Partition size : boot, system, data, cache, sd-ext, sdcard
    • Type of sdcard
    • Type of battery: Original hd2 or extended battery
    • kernel logs (kmsg) and logcat if possible ( if kernel wont boot, you wont be able to get logcat but if you have a working NativeSD ROM you can get the kernel logs (kmsg)
    How? If kernel hangs during boot, open the battery cover, use a pen or something and hit the red reset button (do not remove battery as if battery is removed you will loose the kernel logs) now when the device reboots boot into the working nativesd rom and then open any root explorer and copy last_kmsg in proc folder. (/proc/last_kmsg) then past it to the sdcard and upload to website. alteratively you can do "adb shell cat proc/last_kmsg" from you computer with the usb cable connected and upload the contents

Note: This Kernel and ROM are ION based unlike other ROM/kernel so now that has been published are PMEM based
    So this kernel is not compatible with any other ROM's (except for CM11_ION), so do not waste your time trying
    Also this ROM is not compatible with any other kernels, so again do not waste your time trying
    I have many user doing this an saying it is not working so I have to mention this over here before any else tries

IF YOU LIKED THE ROM PLEASE HIT THANK BUTTON BELOW
    Logs
    SlimKat 8.9
    Initial Release
    Check "my" kernel source kitkat branch. works well no battery drain
    @max18max , @pixelfreak , @walter79

Can you compile Carbon rom?? I very like Carbon!! If you can, please share your device tree, i will compile carbon for myself!! Many thanks!!
    Hey buddy. Welcome back. Good to see you alive. How have you been? Big thanks to you for helping me on kitkat. Even though I released the ROM much later coz I was concentrating more on the kernel, but it was great help from you to get me started with kitkat. I'm currently offshore and will be back in a week or more, and I will upload the my device tree.
    My apologies users, but there will be no more update for this ROM.
    As my slim repo wont compile anymore.
    Sorry.. But I will post Carbon ROM tonight. So another option for users