[TOOL] EZ Splash Screen Flasher and Image Converter>>Converts jpg, png and bmp files

Search This thread

TrueBlue_Drew

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
[TOOL] EZ Splash Screen Flasher and Image Converter>>Converts jpg, png and bmp files

This is a simple tool/script used to convert .jpg .png and .bmp files into the format used for the splash screen on your device. This can also be used to make a copy of your current splash screen or convert a splash screen image into a .png for you to edit. You can also flash the new image using this.
(Currently this has been confirmed working on the HTC devices below)

This is my first attempt at a script. With that being said...Please leave your feedback and ideas for possible updates or any issues. I also understand that there might be other tools like this on the forum but the one I found here didn't work on Windows XP. Plus I was wanting to learn a little about scripts :) and give people another EZ way to mod their device. There are some things I would like to add and a few little bugs. If some people like this I will make a updated version with more things and options. All the methods and things used in this zip can be found here on XDA. I just packaged them up and did the script.

I found most of the information for the script HERE ;) and of coarse have learned tons in my time here on XDA, so much thanks to everyone here!!
Thanks to Iriscience and the links in his thread for the conversion tools.
And also option94 for his help.

The flash/backup splash option should work for any HTC devices that use a 480x800 splash screen but has been confirmed working with the MT4G, G2, EVO.

REQUIREMENTS

1. PC with Windows XP or better
2. Rooted HTC device with S=OFF and Eng Hboot (if only S=Off you can use Terminal Emulator method below for flash)
3. 480 X 800 png, jpg or bmp image

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the attached zip by clicking the rotating skull and then unzip
it to the desktop of your Windows PC.
2. Create or find the 480x800 image you want for your splash screen.
3. Go into the "Splash Flasher" folder you unzipped and place your image
in the "place-image-here" folder.
4. Click on the "CLICK-HERE.bat" and follow the on screen instructions.

NOTE: At this time this does not support having more than one of the
same image type in the "place-image-here" folder when converting and flashing.
Ie: You cant have more than 1 jpg, bmp, png or img in the folder at the same time.
You can have multiple images as long as they are not the same image type.

I don't accept donations but if you like my work
please hit the "THANKS" button

... ...
DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

TrueBlue_Drew

Jun 10, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Reserved for images

I would like to send out a big thanks to all the people here on XDA that have contributed to this collection. There are way to many to try and name. If you see your splash screen here, Thank you!!.

I was browsing the forums and came across a few splash screens that I liked and that were requested, so thought I would add them here for the Glacier family to enjoy.
As I collect more I will put links to the threads I have gotten them from so you can give thanks if you like.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Click on the image you like (it should open in a new window)
2. Right click on the image in the new window and choose "Save Picture As"
3. You can save it wherever you want (I suggest Desktop\Splash Flasher\place-image-here folder)
4. Convert your image to splash .img format and flash it using my script or the Terminal Emulator method I posted below.

IF you cant use the Splash Flasher/Converter, let me know and I can change any image to the correct splash .img format and post it up for you..

Here is how to flash a new splash screen image to your phone using Terminal emulator. Please keep in mind that as with any mod you can damage your phone beyond repair if done incorrectly.

1. Rename your 480x800 .img file to custom.img and move it to your sdcard.

2.Open Terminal Emulator and type "su" to get a #

3.Then type this exactly as it appears and hit enter. Make sure not to make any mistakes!!!
Code:
 dd if=/mnt/sdcard/custom.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19

It should show you that the file has transfered. You can now back out of terminal emulator and reboot your phone to see the new splash screen.

Just remove the .zip from the name on the attatchments below and they are ready to flash.

Attachments

• Google_Black_99danman.jpg
    Google_Black_99danman.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2,586
  • Google_White_99danman.jpg
    Google_White_99danman.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 2,450
  • Google_Black_99danman.img.zip
    750 KB · Views: 917
  • Google_White_99danman.img.zip
    750 KB · Views: 464
  • androids.img.zip
    750 KB · Views: 881
  • google_splash_colour.img.zip
    750 KB · Views: 1,001
  • HTC_android.img.zip
    750 KB · Views: 946
  • HTC_Green.img.zip
    750 KB · Views: 1,135
Last edited:

RavenWulf

Jun 15, 2010
Texas
Very nice... reminds me a little of the Splash Creator for the G1 that I use to make Splash Images for my wife's MT3G-Slide, but the nice added feature of flashing it as well.

ziggy34

Sep 2, 2010
SE Michigan
Thanks for this, I wondered how to convert jpg/png to IMG files. Now to try and figure out photoshop.

I did a quick test of a file and it worked GREAT.

Reactions: will03r6

darinmc

Feb 1, 2011
Oakland Park, FL
Awesome!

Just to help with clarity, the description says 480x800 (correct I think?), the requirements say 640x800, and the steps say 640x480. Unless I'm missing something.

TrueBlue_Drew

Jun 10, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
Awesome!

Just to help with clarity, the description says 480x800 (correct I think?), the requirements say 640x800, and the steps say 640x480. Unless I'm missing something.
It is 480x800
If you try the wrong size the image won't come out right when you flash it. Other than that it wont mess up your phone or anything. I will make the changes. Thanks

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Last edited:
Reactions: sharkie405

NvS

Jun 11, 2009
Will this work on GIFs .. I have an Special File that I have been trying to get created into a splash or Live wallpaper...

Reactions: allchannels99

Freek91

Feb 10, 2011
South Florida
quick question...was the script supposed to reboot the phone out of fastboot?

i flashed a few different screens and it never rebooted the phone out of fastboot

edit: forgot to say thanks a ton for this...been wanting to change that screen just most of the instructions were a little too overly complicated

Last edited:

TrueBlue_Drew

Jun 10, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
quick question...was the script supposed to reboot the phone out of fastboot?

i flashed a few different screens and it never rebooted the phone out of fastboot

edit: forgot to say thanks a ton for this...been wanting to change that screen just most of the instructions were a little too overly complicated
It should reboot after you flash a new splash screen. I will check it out and see if I left something out.
Thanks.

Freek91

Feb 10, 2011
South Florida
It should reboot after you flash a new splash screen. I will check it out and see if I left something out.
Thanks.

yeah its not a big deal but after doing 4 different screens now...after it says it flashed and the script says hit any key to continue and to make sure to say thanks

you hit any key and the phone just sits on the fastboot and you just have to goto reboot on the phone and all is good

but like i said...its not a big deal just wanted to point it out

and again thanks a bunch for this

TrueBlue_Drew

Jun 10, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
yeah its not a big deal but after doing 4 different screens now...after it says it flashed and the script says hit any key to continue and to make sure to say thanks

you hit any key and the phone just sits on the fastboot and you just have to goto reboot on the phone and all is good

but like i said...its not a big deal just wanted to point it out

and again thanks a bunch for this
Ok...should be fixed now. Can you check it out and let me know.
Thanks

Freek91

Feb 10, 2011
South Florida
Ok...should be fixed now. Can you check it out and let me know.
Thanks

batch file needs a name change...it downloads as CLICK-HERE.bat.txt :D

And yeah its reboots itself in fastboot now :)

hopefully i didnt come across as a pain in the ass...just wanted to point out a couple things being i knew you wanted it to be automated

EDIT: i also noted the adb.exe process doesnt end in task manager when exiting the batch file after your done flashing...this doesnt need to be fixed...but i had noticed it earlier...just wanted to mention it...it may just be an issue on my end

Last edited:
Reactions: TrueBlue_Drew

TrueBlue_Drew

Jun 10, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7
batch file needs a name change...it downloads as CLICK-HERE.bat.txt :D

And yeah its reboots itself in fastboot now :)

hopefully i didnt come across as a pain in the ass...just wanted to point out a couple things being i knew you wanted it to be automated

EDIT: i also noted the adb.exe process doesnt end in task manager when exiting the batch file after your done flashing...this doesnt need to be fixed...but i had noticed it earlier...just wanted to mention it...it may just be an issue on my end
Ughh..sorry dude. I appreciate the help. Hopefully fixed now. You have to use the quit option to kill the adb server for now but I will change it and add it to all the functions that use adb/fastboot in a few.
Thanks again for all the help. Please let me know of anything else you find or ideas you have.
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is a simple tool/script used to convert .jpg .png and .bmp files into the format used for the splash screen on your device. This can also be used to make a copy of your current splash screen or convert a splash screen image into a .png for you to edit. You can also flash the new image using this.
    (Currently this has been confirmed working on the HTC devices below)

This is my first attempt at a script. With that being said...Please leave your feedback and ideas for possible updates or any issues. I also understand that there might be other tools like this on the forum but the one I found here didn't work on Windows XP. Plus I was wanting to learn a little about scripts :) and give people another EZ way to mod their device. There are some things I would like to add and a few little bugs. If some people like this I will make a updated version with more things and options. All the methods and things used in this zip can be found here on XDA. I just packaged them up and did the script.

I found most of the information for the script HERE ;) and of coarse have learned tons in my time here on XDA, so much thanks to everyone here!!
    Thanks to Iriscience and the links in his thread for the conversion tools.
    And also option94 for his help.

The flash/backup splash option should work for any HTC devices that use a 480x800 splash screen but has been confirmed working with the MT4G, G2, EVO.

REQUIREMENTS

1. PC with Windows XP or better
    2. Rooted HTC device with S=OFF and Eng Hboot (if only S=Off you can use Terminal Emulator method below for flash)
    3. 480 X 800 png, jpg or bmp image

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the attached zip by clicking the rotating skull and then unzip
    it to the desktop of your Windows PC.
    2. Create or find the 480x800 image you want for your splash screen.
    3. Go into the "Splash Flasher" folder you unzipped and place your image
    in the "place-image-here" folder.
    4. Click on the "CLICK-HERE.bat" and follow the on screen instructions.

NOTE: At this time this does not support having more than one of the
    same image type in the "place-image-here" folder when converting and flashing.
    Ie: You cant have more than 1 jpg, bmp, png or img in the folder at the same time.
    You can have multiple images as long as they are not the same image type.

I don't accept donations but if you like my work
    please hit the "THANKS" button

... ...
    DOWNLOAD
    Reserved for images

I would like to send out a big thanks to all the people here on XDA that have contributed to this collection. There are way to many to try and name. If you see your splash screen here, Thank you!!.

I was browsing the forums and came across a few splash screens that I liked and that were requested, so thought I would add them here for the Glacier family to enjoy.
    As I collect more I will put links to the threads I have gotten them from so you can give thanks if you like.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Click on the image you like (it should open in a new window)
    2. Right click on the image in the new window and choose "Save Picture As"
    3. You can save it wherever you want (I suggest Desktop\Splash Flasher\place-image-here folder)
    4. Convert your image to splash .img format and flash it using my script or the Terminal Emulator method I posted below.

IF you cant use the Splash Flasher/Converter, let me know and I can change any image to the correct splash .img format and post it up for you..

Here is how to flash a new splash screen image to your phone using Terminal emulator. Please keep in mind that as with any mod you can damage your phone beyond repair if done incorrectly.

1. Rename your 480x800 .img file to custom.img and move it to your sdcard.

2.Open Terminal Emulator and type "su" to get a #

3.Then type this exactly as it appears and hit enter. Make sure not to make any mistakes!!!
    Code:
     dd if=/mnt/sdcard/custom.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19

It should show you that the file has transfered. You can now back out of terminal emulator and reboot your phone to see the new splash screen.

Just remove the .zip from the name on the attatchments below and they are ready to flash.
    Thanks for this, I wondered how to convert jpg/png to IMG files. Now to try and figure out photoshop.

I did a quick test of a file and it worked GREAT.
    If you have any troubles, or need help getting your images put together, let me know.
    Great post!

I took some originals and combined them with some adjustments to make my own splash screen, easily flashed, looks great! Thanks! Here's the two I made, the white one after it gets flashed actually looks better than on the computer screen, the purple....I didn't flash that but I'm considering adjusting the shade of the purple. Thanks for the resources to the OPs of the pictures. Thank me if you like mine or use it!
    julez456, there you go.