[WIP] [ROM] ICS Mutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Joshhayes801

Apr 26, 2010
Ogden, UT
www.uglyduckskateboards.com
This is awesome, I'm sooooo happy you guys are working on this and trying your hardest to get it running!

Swamp, I had no idea you partied with the SGS4G as well! Lol. I rooted my girls SGS4G the day she got, like a year ago and have been flashing, tweaking and modding ever since. Lol. Anyways sorry to be off topic. Btw I've got a mint SGS4G for sale! Again sorry for off topic.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
This is awesome, I'm sooooo happy you guys are working on this and trying your hardest to get it running!

Swamp, I had no idea you partied with the SGS4G as well! Lol. I rooted my girls SGS4G the day she got, like a year ago and have been flashing, tweaking and modding ever since. Lol. Anyways sorry to be off topic. Btw I've got a mint SGS4G for sale! Again sorry for off topic.

PM me price.

saketh91

Sep 10, 2011
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
I agree with you thomas I know how much pain you take in getting ics for us.I just gave a suggestion as i thought you would do porting better than me.anyways time is all yours keep the good work going

swamp goblin

Apr 2, 2010
Swamp, I had no idea you partied with the SGS4G as well!

I get around ;) haha I dove in and performed the unbrickable mod, saving this sgs4g that I had from a relative that broke it.. so yes I can jump in on the sgs4g in some spare time, I have some down time switching from the nexus s to the galaxy s 2 so I need to keep myself busy :)

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
No boot eric...lol
But the problems, we think, are mostly kernel related but that is getting hashed out as well... again, patience is a virtue...
For those of you that want to help, I am going to build a repo today so you can dive in as well...

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
I had previously commented in another tthread that Mr Raines just might well be the most underrated developer in our community, but I have reconsidered and I am now asserting fiercely, as opoosed to positing, that this is an absolute fact.

My deep thanks to what could not have been easy work, is uncharted water, and is very much desired by all here.
I also must point out how quickly our other prominent developers are to give credit, support, and collaborate with each other when contributions come forth.
I do not post prolifixally here, and even less so elsewhere, but I follow 4 devices very closely here and a handful of others in passing.

This level of cooperation and lack of flametroll drama is not common here or anywhere in forumland and should be recognized.

I feel like a cheerleader sometimes in that most of my comments stem from gratitude and lack a bit of substance, but IMO well-said thanks are in short supply here and in other forums on XDA, so until my wall-of-text posts become decried, expect more high fives.

Especially since there's so much to high-five these last 2-3 weeks. Our forum motto should be "When it Rains, it Pours".

Cheers!

P06o

Feb 16, 2012
NYC
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The progress being made both on ICS &.CM7 is amazing. Even though I only understand about half of the deb conversation, I feel like I'm watching game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. You guys are doing great work!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
I love it when all of the developers leave a phone, to leave a tinkerer standing in the middle of the crowd... to become a 'prominent' developer.

That's how I feel. So to call me a prominent developer makes me feel funny.

I think it's great that Thomas has gotten as far as he has by himself. I know that feeling. We have both dug the trove of google and spoke with other developers on IRC. Split hairs while reading logs and logcat output trying to correlate where in the code (if you have the source) a problem is happening so you can move on to the next problem.

I think there is a bigger picture here. RaverX3X is working on some open-source code to replace some of the proprietary binaries we use. Eventually, I will work those into the builds I make, as that code matures/stabilizes.

Everyone wants the latest and greatest OS, but the goal here is to just be able to build the OS from source. If we could do this on one version, it will help us to take the info we gained to port to newer versions.

If we work together to make CM7 work on our phone, it will make the attempt to go to AOSP/ICS easier (a lot easier then trying to go directly to AOSP/ICS... since our phone already runs GB).

If we get an Official ICS Kies OTA, Samsung has 60 (or was it 90) days to release the source. That would be great, but if we can focus on cm7... if we get that drop, it will make porting sooo much easier.

For everyone that produces deliverables (roms, mods, cwm hacks, themes, apps, etc...) for this phone, you rock!

RaverX3X

Jun 13, 2011
Cali
I love it when all of the developers leave a phone, to leave a tinkerer standing in the middle of the crowd... to become a 'prominent' developer.

I think it's great that Thomas has gotten as far as he has by himself. I know that feeling. We have both dug the trove of google and spoke with other developers on IRC. Split hairs while reading logs and logcat output trying to correlate where in the code (if you have the source) a problem is happening so you can move on to the next problem.

I think there is a bigger picture here. RaverX3X is working on some open-source code to replace some of the proprietary binaries we use. Eventually, I will work those into the builds I make, as that code matures/stabilizes.

Everyone wants the latest and greatest OS, but the goal here is to just be able to build the OS from source. If we could do this on one version, it will help us to take the info we gained to port to newer versions.

If we work together to make CM7 work on our phone, it will make the attempt to go to AOSP/ICS easier (a lot easier then trying to go directly to AOSP/ICS... since our phone already runs GB).

If we get an Official ICS Kies OTA, Samsung has 60 (or was it 90) days to release the source. That would be great, but if we can focus on cm7... if we get that drop, it will make porting sooo much easier.

For everyone that produces deliverables (roms, mods, cwm hacks, themes, apps, etc...) for this phone, you rock!

ill work on open source for cm7 also as the goal is to get away from samsung and put development back into the hands of developers.

Reactions: P06o and Beastmode

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Thanks for the props everybody, but I have some bad news. I have passed this project on as I have to send my phone in to good ol Sammy for a repair. After I screwed up my /efs partition, the speaker stopped working, again... Thankfully it still has a few days left on it's warranty. As soon as I get the phone back (7-10 business days they say...lol) I will continue to try to has this ROM out, with the help of a few others that have stepped up.

Thanks again everyone for your support... see you in a few days. I'm back on my cappy (my wife got a new phone), for now but am not plannign on deving for it as this is for a very short period of time...

To brian and raver. I agree, if we get cm7 running, I can deffinitely get this port running correctly. I have learned so muhc from you guys and appreciate the knowledge you and the the other peeps that have helped me come this far.

And I found out why my /efs partition went down the tubes. It has nothing to do with what I did or your instructions... but my stupid POS windows machine (which is getting replaced very shortly...just have to raise $890...lol) that is overly anti-linux...lol

bhundven

And I found out why my /efs partition went down the tubes. It has nothing to do with what I did or your instructions... but my stupid POS windows machine (which is getting replaced very shortly...just have to raise $890...lol) that is overly anti-linux...lol

AH! I've had equipment failure too. How annoying!
Can't wait for you to get your replacement phone.

RaverX3X

Jun 13, 2011
Cali
i hope to hell u revered it to stock or bricked it before u sent it lol.. .:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, here is what I got for you guys to help me out on.

These are kanged from Gummy ICS for the Nexus S 4G along with parts from VB and KJ6.

ICS Mutt vTESTER 3. Still needs some smali/baksmali and a look at a few of the .apks.
    ICS Mutt vTester 3

Changelog:
    Added old version of swype to fix keyboard issue (temp fix)
    Changed launcher
    Hopefully fixed phone.apk and contacts.apk
    Report back with logcats, what you did, and what happened. Also provide me a list of apps that are available.
    erik and I did a lot...lol

Here is a link for the original bins, libs, and framework. This download is ONLY for those who are assisting. The zip contains a read me... read it:
    Org Files

All these are flash at your own risk. These are NOT FOR TESTING OR CHECKING OUT! They are for Devs ONLY wanting to assist with this project while I am without an SGS4G. Just to let everyone know, I got a bad update from windows on my computer and it screwed up my hard drive (thanks Bill!). These are versions that were still on my sdcard that I had to piece together from memory. Please run logcats (preferably verbose) and report them back to me so I can make my notes and document all changes for reference on future devleopment. Anyone willing to lend a hand during my phones abscence, it will be much appreciated.

Here are links to the original ROMs for reference:
    Gummy
    Slim ROMs
    *sigh*
    Ok...let do something here:
    @trolls...stay away from here unless you want to stop trolling
    @troll feeders....don't feed the trolls
    @everyone...stay on topic and be kind and gentle with each other. I'm a lazy man and like to do nothing but watch YouTube videos so....don't make me coma back here, close this thread and start infracting/banning people, please :cool:

Stay on topic and help each other...and remember...must of us were not born with knowledge, someone was kind enough and gave us some of theirs...reciprocate :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    I dont want any donations or asking for stuff like that, I was just surprised and feel bad for you guys since theres is no ics for this galaxy s device.. every phone has it, even the oldest androids. I have an unbrickable device, so I'll try to get some builds going..

just an update, i scrapped what i had and started from scratch. It's booting and i have a few things working. Changing toan ics launcher made a world if difference. after i get the systemui.apk working right i will post some screen shots and an alpha build...

Sent from my BAMF SGH-T959V!