Update 4.2.1

Search This thread

InvalidUsername

Jun 16, 2012
Chicago
Just got the update notice. It's only 1.1mb. I'm guessing it basically just fixes the "December" bug in the People app. Anything else?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Freshly_Snipes

Aug 3, 2011
Atlanta
Got it here too about an hour ago in the United States.

uploadfromtaptalk1354006238439.jpguploadfromtaptalk1354006264323.jpg

Sent via Google Nexus 4 powered by Android v4.2 using Tapatalk Premium

yahoowizard

Aug 26, 2010
I think I have to change something before I get the update as well, because I got the AOSP browser or something. I really hope there's nothing else in the way, since I've only rooted and unlocked the bootloader other than that.

InvalidUsername

Jun 16, 2012
Chicago
Just as predicted. December is back in the People app. Nothing else is different, as far as I can tell.

Edit: The Kernel still has the November 8th date stamp, that obviously hasn't been played around with.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

VanVlack

Oct 18, 2009
Usb host?

Can anyone check usb host? This is the bug I really hope they fixed, or fix soon if not.

Endoran

Dec 14, 2010
Nothing here in my neck of the USA. Manual check said I was up to date.

Sent from my Nexus 4

lwfb

Dec 21, 2010
Houston, TX
No update here either, stock rooted with TWRP.

Flashing the update posted here gave me a build prop error in recovery and the install was aborted.

I'm too tired to mess with this now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys found this in Nexus 7 forum on trouble with sideload method. But works great to get your OTA notification! After clearing data, check system update. :)

Thank the poster for this..

Guys forget everything about sideload the update... there's a little trick which force your devices to get it ota

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All

2. Find Google Services Framework.

3. Tap on Force Stop.

4. Select Clear Data.

i should do it 4 times before it worked :D :good:
    I forced the update on mine by force stopping Google Framework Services and the clearing it's cache, went back to system update click check now (according to the phone I had not checked since January 1st 1970 lol) and it popped straight up. Try it.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Or what if you're rooted, unlocked and CWM :p

I want to know what you do if you're rooted, unlocked, CWM and need the bathroom? :D
    Quick instructions if you are stock, unrooted without CWM. You MUST have unlocked your bootloader and have ADB (Android SDK installed) already for this to work.

1. Download this to your computer -> http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-occam-JOP40D-from-JOP40C.625f5f7c.zip

2. Turn off your phone

3. Hold down Volume - and Power to get into Fastboot

4. Scroll down to Recovery and enter.

5. On the No Command Android screen hold Power and Volume + to get to menu. Might take a few attempts to get timing right

6. On the menu select Update from ADB

7. Connect your phone to computer with USB

8. On computer type "adb sideload 625f5f7c6524.signed-occam-JOP40D-from-JOP40C.625f5f7c.zip"

9. You should then see this output: "sending: 'sideload' 100%"

10. Your phone screen will say System Update or something and it will install the OTA.

Once done just select reboot in recovery and you're done. You can use this method for ALL future OTAs - all you need is the update zip. This works on all Nexus including Nexus 7, assuming Nexus 10 and GNexus.

No longer need to wait for OTAs. Enjoy!