Unable to update z1 to 4.3

Search This thread

ravi_buz

Nov 18, 2010
Hyderabad
I got a prompt that a new update is available today. I tried to update but was unable to PC companion said i have a modified software. I tried to flash the stock ROM .290 back. But after that my phone did not book. I flashed .534 but my phone is not connecting to mobile network and i cannot update to .290.

I had the boot loader unlocked. But since i have flashed .534 again, not sure if it is locked. Is there any way for me to get my phone to work again ?

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Flash the new FW .136 via Flashtool v0.9.13 in Flashmode. Turn off the phone, hold volume down all the time, connect to PC, let windows install drivers, flash the FTF.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
oops been mentioning FTF as TIF!

Ok, then you want the official update? Nobody know when it will available in your Country but is rolling out, if you do not want to wait you can download it from XDA and flash it via Flashtool, is the same like the official but not branded and no bloatware. BTW if you have problems like you just mentioned probably you should flash it via Flashtool.

ravi_buz

Nov 18, 2010
Hyderabad
Ok, then you want the official update? Nobody know when it will available in your Country but is rolling out, if you do not want to wait you can download it from XDA and flash it via Flashtool, is the same like the official but not branded and no bloatware. BTW if you have problems like you just mentioned probably you should flash it via Flashtool.

I got the official update notification via PC companion. But probably bcoz i had a custom kernel/ unlocked bootloader it din flash it. So I was impatient and flashed the stock 4.3 and boot looped my phone.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I just flashed 136 and my phone is bootlooping.

Now i am in 534 with no mobile network. What is the best way to go to 136?

There is no better way and I think is something wrong there. Maybe you should relock your bootlader and then update to .136.

Did you try to repair with PC Companion?

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

BTW, if you relock your bootloader probably you will can update via PC Companion. But somebody reported have problem to Unlock Bootloader again on .136

ravi_buz

Nov 18, 2010
Hyderabad
There is no better way and I think is something wrong there. Maybe you should relock your bootlader and then update to .136.

Did you try to repair with PC Companion?

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

BTW, if you relock your bootloader probably you will can update via PC Companion. But somebody reported have problem to Unlock Bootloader again on .136

So finally this is the method that i figured out, that might work (worked for me).

1. Flash .534 via flash tool. (phone will boot up but you will have no network).
2. Root and restore TA backup
3. Install the latest update via sus

Top Liked Posts