[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

abumhmmd1

Nov 18, 2006
RIYADH
THANKs Phonatic

Phonatic Theme Pack

The main reason that I put this pack together yesterday was to reintroduce a simple method of changing themes without being tethered to a pc.
I came up with it a year ago and now realize that I never posted a how to.
I promise to do a follow up post tommorow to explain it.
If you are interested, have Mortscript installed and put a copy of my Spb Themes folder(the sub folder SPB Themes) in the root directory of your storage card.
http://rapidshare.com/files/257107415/SPB_Themes.zip.html
Thanks and credits go to the original creators of some stuff included in these themes. There are many to thank. I'm outta time for now. See you tommorow.

can NOT doenload :mad:
another LNK plz .

dj 1solo

May 22, 2009
C5 Quad Band Windows Mobile 6.1 With Wifi GPS Smart Phone

hi every one this is my 1st reply to all this ....
i want to buy a C5 Quad Band Windows Mobile 6.1 With Wifi GPS Smart Phone
http://www.dhgate.com/vieo-clip-c5-quad-band-windows-mobile-6-1/p-ff808081220e979901221048ebd9783b.html

and the ? i have is can i install spb mobile 3 and all the goodness on it or no .

I have a tmo wing and i have on it spb ms3 icontacts and a few more things and its great ...but the wing is only 200 mhz and the c5 is a /450mhz /256rom/ 128 ram/ 3.2 inch screen/1200 mah/ 4gig/ on board and i cant up it cuz the back door is perm but thats ok wit me.

Phonatic

Jul 20, 2008
Easy method for changing themes
ALL resolutions
Required: Mortscript and some themes

I made a set of themes to use as an example for qvga users.
I will post mortscripts here to allow you to switch from one theme to another.

Instructions:
1. Download and unzip my Spb Themes and Mortscripts .
2. Place the Spb Themes folder in the root directory of your phones storage card.
3. Place the Mortscipts folder anywhere you want on your phone or storage card.
4. Use file explorer and open the Mortscripts folder.
5. Select a theme script and press/enter.

THAT'S ALL.
Wait for the theme to change. Be patient. On my Tilt it takes 20-25 seconds.

To avoid using file explorer in selecting a theme, MAKE SHORTCUTS.
I suggest putting shortcuts either in your "My Shortcuts" folder of your launcher page.
Or on page 7 of your Lifestyle layout. Or both.
==========================================================
For non-qvga users. The method is the same. If you have themes that you are already
switching between, put them all in a folder labeled Spb Themes and follow step #2.

To explain how to create a theme changing mortscript, here is a script for me to demonstrate on.

Code:
XCopy ("\Storage Card\SPB Themes\[B]FolderName[/B]\*.dat","\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell", TRUE )
run  ("\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\MenuLauncher.exe","-stop")
Sleep (5000)
run  ("\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\MenuLauncher.exe")

That's the entire script, all 4 lines of it.
It's basically the Spb resetter script. I believe I posted the script before toniolo.
You can check my posts from about a year ago.
Anyway, I added a line above the 3 lines of the resetter script. It's just a copy and paste command.
It's the only one that you'll need to edit.

To make you own Mortscripts:

1. Open notepad
2. Copy the script above and paste into notepad.
3. Replace FolderName with the folder name of your theme.
4. Save as, Folder name of your theme.
5. Now that you have a FolderName.txt, Change the file extension from .txt to .mscr
6. Now you have FolderName.mscr.

You have just written your mortscript. Put it on your phone and execute it. Wait for the theme to change.
Write a script for each theme.

You don't have to put entire themes into your folders.
You can put any .dat files into your folders. for example you can just use it to just change fondotela files
if you want to change only the backrounds. Or Fondecran.dats to have multiple backrounds etc...
==========================================================
As a side note. Since this is just a simple copy, paste, and reset script this method can be used for any program. For example, I had a script that changed S2u2, Icontact, psShutxp,
windows media player, spbms. The entire phones theme changed with one press of a script.
If anyone knows how to get windows today screen to refresh/reset, please post it. I was able to copy and paste the .tsk
file, but never figured out how to have it refresh without having to go into the today screen settings.

See ya next time I get a chance to visit.

Phonatic Themes.zip - 16.92MB
This upload includes the themes and mortscripts for my theme pack. QVGA only. You can add, delete, or alter it however you'd like. It was created as a starter or example pack.

Last edited:

popoy_23

Jul 10, 2009
I was able to install everything and everything worked perfectly. However, sounds and notifications were gone. I tried uninstall/re-installing the software. It still does not work. Should I do a hard reset or is there a workaround to this? Thank you..

paramdil

Jul 11, 2009
i am quite new to this can you help!
I have installed spb shell 3.0.1.
The screen keeps changing between normal windows screen and spb home screen.
Is there a way out that it always open with spb lifestyle screen

MickeyMan

Jun 5, 2007
Lublin / Poland
vela.org.pl
Changed popup menus

Hallo everybody,
Till now, I used my Blackstone with shipped ROM (WM6.1). But now I tried cooked one, based on WM6.5. Everything seems to be alright except popup menus. I like original menus from WM6.5 themes, but after installing MS3 these menus changed for more finger-friendly, but not fine for me. For example:

WM6.5 theme HTC Black:
Without MS3 .................................................................................................... and with MS3
htcblack_bez_ms3.png
htcblack_z_ms3.png

WM6.5 Theme Classic Blue:
Without MS3 .................................................................................................... and with MS3
classicblue_bez_ms3.png
classicblue_z_ms3.png

Menus are changed only with active Mobile Shell 3. If I exit MS3 (but not uninstall) original menus are back. Is it possible to cause MS3 not to change original menus?

Sorry for my bad English...

Last edited:

natefish

Mar 4, 2008
Henderson, KY
Hallo everybody,
Till now, I used my Blackstone with shipped ROM (WM6.1). But now I tried cooked one, based on WM6.5. Everything seems to be alright except popup menus. I like original menus from WM6.5 themes, but after installing MS3 these menus changed for more finger-friendly, but not fine for me. For example:

WM6.5 theme HTC Black:

WM6.5 Theme Classic Blue:

Menus are changed only with active Mobile Shell 3. If I exit MS3 (but not uninstall) original menus are back. Is it possible to cause MS3 not to change original menus?

Sorry for my bad English...

Did you have those "with MS3" menus on your phone before installing the 6.5 ROM? I am wondering if MS3 is using those menus because it's supposed to be the default for your phone, but we need a little more info.

Zack515

May 27, 2009
mskip.
Thank you very much. I have two questions though. When I go to add widget, if I go down to Internet and then fav's- the same generic widget pops up for all fav web sites. Is there a way to get the sites widget on there. Plus, I'm sure this has come up- but is there any way to add our own widgets to link up with apps like on some of those iphone for WM apps?

Menbahoc

Jan 15, 2007
MS3 is not working when i press SPB Home soft kkey

MS3 is not working when i press SPB Home soft kkey
Where is the final destination of the file MobileShell.exe ?
Regards

I FOUND A WAY TO RUN TOUCHFLO 3D AND SPB MOBILE SHELL 3 AND CLASSIC TODAY ALL TOGETHER.

check the demo at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB4jqkfGWcU

then read how to do it.

Hey Guys,

This is my first post so hope i manage to help someone.

I installed SPB Mobile Shell 3 and it disabled my Touchflo 3d and i was annoyed so qfter two hours of googling to find a solution to this problem i got fed up and started playing around with my Touch Pro and manged to find a solution.

I HAVE MANAGED TO RUN TOUCHFLO 3D AND SPB MOBILE SHELL 3 AND THE CLASSIC TODAY SCREEN all together.

firstly i was doing this with spb mobile shell 2 but after using mobiloe shell 3 the touchflo 3d was dissabled.

so heres the method i am using and works great for me.

What you Need:

1. Second Today
2. MS3 Toggler

What to do:

Basically we are going to use Second Today to switch between Touchflo 3d and classic today screen, and also to remap the soft keys to switch between

1. TF3D and Classic
2. TF3D and MS3
3. Classic and MS3

Step 1: Firstly the problem is that MS3 loads at start up and overides TF3D. Therefore go to Program files on your device and make a backup of the file MobileShell and then delete it (alternatively you could just cut and paste it somewhere else like i did). This prevents MS3 from booting on startup.

Step 2: install second Today.

Step 3:
Install MS3 Toggler (this allows you to toggle between MS3 and TF3D)

Step 4: Do a soft reset.

Step 5: Touchflo 3d should be launched on startup, if it is not then go into the today settings and enable it.

Step 6: go into the setting of Second Today and go to the Soft Keys Tab.
From here enter the title to whatever you want eg second today or today. chose the left or right soft key and select second today and then click apply to registry. now do the same but select manilla 3d.

now choose the other soft key and enter a title eg SPB. then click the 3 dots and go to Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SPB Mobile Shell and select [Toggle SPB Mobile Shell]. and select Second today and then do the same for manilla 3D.

Step 7:
Do another soft reset.

Now you should be able to switch between classic today and touchflo and classic today and mobile shell and touch flo and mobile shell.

Now you have the best of all 3 worlds.

Look at the images for more help and the video for a demo.

crachel

Retired Senior Moderator
Jul 13, 2008
Texas
Launcher automatically start in Advanced mode

I added the Launcher widget to my Lifestyle Home, but it insists on starting in Simple Mode. The Launcher on the Professional Home remembers that I want Advanced Mode. Anyone know how to get the Launcher widget to either open in the last mode I selected or to always open in Advanced Mode? I've tried changing HKLM\Software\Spb Software House 2\Spb Mobile Shell\NowScreen\Layouts\:LAUNCHER\Default value from "Mru" to "Mru2", but to no avail. Thanks.

MickeyMan

Jun 5, 2007
Lublin / Poland
vela.org.pl
Unwanted finger-friendly menus

Did you have those "with MS3" menus on your phone before installing the 6.5 ROM? I am wondering if MS3 is using those menus because it's supposed to be the default for your phone, but we need a little more info.

Ok. From the beginning. I've got two Blackstones. One (with shipped WWE 1.57.831.1 Radio 52.64.25.34 1.14.25.24 - WM6.1) which I use as normal phone, and the second for fun and testing :). Now there is almost the some soft on both. But the testing one has cooked polish WM6.5 with no manila (http://pdaclub.pl/forum/index.php?topic=133341.0).
Menus on WM6.1 are standard system menus:

wm61.png
wm61_no_wa3.png

and it is independent of MS3 and other soft like WA3.
I have tested some other cooked WM6.5 ROMs earlier, and there was the some problem with menus - MS3 changed them for that "extremely finger-friendly". I'm not sure if the problem is in ROM or MS3. I've asked the same question to the ROM cooker, but have no answer till now.

Regards.

Last edited:

u2sd

Oct 29, 2006
Problem: Tasks not shown at professional or agenda view

I have a XDA3 and running HELMI's WM6 with MS 3.0.1

Any Widgets / themes / views for MS here or somewhere else only shows appointments and alarms at the different views. To see the tasks, you need to open the normal task application.

Is there an agenda / calendar widget, where you see appointments, alarms AND tasks.

MickeyMan

Jun 5, 2007
Lublin / Poland
vela.org.pl
Hallo everybody,
(...)

I've received answer from Co0kieMonster in another thread (Smaller HTC Menus). It is rather simple:

With a registry editor go to reg key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE\Menu

Find the value "CUIHandler" and change it to 0. Now soft reset.

That should give you original WM6.5 menus everywhere.

And it works!!! :)

Thanks for all.

Phonatic

Jul 20, 2008
can NOT doenload :mad:
another LNK plz .

New link provided. Links on previous posts updated.
If someone can provide a better download link, I would appreciate it.

For those that downloaded my themes prior to this post, please re-download.
I think I had previously uploaded the wrong files.
If your pages look like the upper pics, then you have the one that is harder to
view. And along with the City lights theme doesn't accomodate mskips widgets in the previous download.

screens.jpg

Last edited:

abumhmmd1

Nov 18, 2006
RIYADH
can NOT doenload
another LNK plz .

New link provided. Links on previous posts updated.
If someone can provide a better download link, I would appreciate it.

THANKs Phonatic
another LNK ; 14.819 KB

Phonatic Theme Pack QVGA only
Screens3.jpg

The main reason that I put this pack together yesterday was to reintroduce a simple method of changing themes without being tethered to a pc.
I came up with it a year ago and now realize that I never posted a how to.
I promise to do a follow up post tommorow to explain it.

Will be waiting for it :)

jfourman

Dec 5, 2007
Mskip - Same question....

Hi all, I have what I think is a simple task but can't seem to figure this out. I want to remap the existing Contact button (lower right, next to Launcher) from the Spb contacts to Iconsoft's PhoneEX contacts. I've downloaded Mskip's WidgetsProPlus Ultimate cab 070809 (cool widgets) following the threads that this can help me control the task bar icon, but now the Spb corner icons are missing in Lifestyle (left - Spb Carousel, right Edit Layout). I'd like these, and now I cannot launch the change lifestyle layout to add the Contact icon with the PhoneEx one (or any widgets).

Either I am missing something or cannot tie the parts together correctly. Can someone help?!

Mskip: I have the same question as Bilden above. I installed Ultimate 070809 and now have lost the soft keys on the Pro screen and all other Spb MS screens that I navigate. Is this a function of removing the bottom menu? Is there a way to get the Ultimate functionality but not lose the soft keys?

Thank you so much for all of your work. I love the widgets you have incluced.

ArmageddonAsh

Aug 24, 2008
i was wondering when we are going to see some more widgets?
spb dont seem to care what anyone wants after looking at there forums - with MANY widget requests not get completed

maybe some members here might be able to make some?

a good start would be something like the"Hero S2P" widget for Throttle Launcher as i think that would be really helpful. maybe a video one could be done - so you can watch videos in it as well and maybe click on it to open the selected video is the video player of your choice. the HeroSMS" like widget would be good as well and that would be helpful

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.