[kernel][3 FEB] [Reaper AOSP V1.3 | Endymion-Sense3.5 V2.1 | Hyperion-Sense3.0 V2.0]

Search This thread

lowveld

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2008
Reaper, Hyperion, and Endymion Kernels

As more people are using my kernels in their own ROMs, I'm creating this thread to keep an updated version of both kernels available for everyone.

As their names imply, these kernels are first tested extensively on my own ROMs with the same name, but I can't off course guarantee the same level of performance on other ROMs.

All kernels have all features tested and working on the desire S, namely front facing camera and stereo video recording.All kernels allow overclocking up to around 1.5GHz. This is deliberately lower than other kernels, as I won't be responsible for freezing leading to battery pull leading to 350€ beautiful bricks.

Reaper kernel as been known to work on Reaper ROM (of course :)), MIUI, and CM7 derivatives.

Reaper AOSP kernel - Current version V1.3
Changelog from regular CM7 kernel:
- Forked and tweaked from latest CM7 source
- Deadline IO scheduler
- BFS task scheduler
- Added smartass cpufreq governor
- Added SavagedZen cpufreq governor
- Added Scary cpufreq governor
- Added Reaper cpufreq governor (modified smartassv2)
- Changed frequency/voltage tables to match Tiamat V1.1.5, but limited max frequency to 1.5GHz (all thanks to Canyarb)
- Exposed sysfs vdd interface: allows under/overvolt
- Frequency limits: min=184MHz, max=1516MHz
- Added SIO IO Scheduler
- Added VR IO Scheduler
- Added SmartassV2 CPU Governor

Download: http://desworks.de/android/reaper/kernel-reaper-V1.3-bfs.zip

Hyperion Sense 3.0 kernel - Current version V2.0
Changelog from V1.2:
- Back to CFS, I'm trying to merge both Endymion and Hyperion kernels
- No default undervolting. People with stable devices under Hyperion previous releases may safely apply 50mV undervolt with OC/UV beater. This way is safer for everyone.
- Some gpu tweaks
- kernel-level support for ext2 and ext3. Together with already included loop device support, should help those people trying to run ubuntu under Hyperion.
Download: http://www.multiupload.com/KSA2LZ9PXM
MD5SUM: b7cad334a2d6d3cba9851a91d748fba3

Endymion Sense 3.5 kernel - Current version V2.1
http://hulkshare.com/nxdnhbup95x7
MD5SUM: 50bb716190233275e804364629b3be86

Changelog from V2.0:
added Reaper governor, a modified smartassV2. Choose for performance.

Changelog from V1.1:
- Removed default UV: should be rock stable for everyone
- Added some gpu tweaks
Download:http://www.multiupload.com/B7QYZJXF04
MD5SUM:475ba597aa924089108435b113009401

Feel free to include the kernels in your own roms, but I put a lot of time and work on them. So if you do include them, a simple thanks and a link to the original roms they were released in would be very nice of you. :)

And of course, if you want to check the full potential of the kernels, give the Hyperion, Endymion and Reaper ROMs a go!

Enjoy

Last edited:

blindndumb

Sep 3, 2011
Well now thread created..
no need to roam here-there, updates can be found here..

thanks

fallos

Feb 8, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
After flash boots till white htc screen, restars 2 times and boots in recovery. Tried to turn it off and on 3 times, same result.

Pre-rooted official rom. New hboot.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

lowveld

Nov 13, 2008
After flash boots till white htc screen, restars 2 times and boots in recovery. Tried to turn it off and on 3 times, same result.

Pre-rooted official rom. New hboot.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

Please confirm you flashed the Hyperion kernel. This could be an issue with the new Hboot, as I personally don't use it so never tested it.

I know now there's a separate lib partition, so it could be a question of me not mounting it on the ramdisk.

Cheers

fallos

Feb 8, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
Please confirm you flashed the Hyperion kernel. This could be an issue with the new Hboot, as I personally don't use it so never tested it.

I know now there's a separate lib partition, so it could be a question of me not mounting it on the ramdisk.

Cheers

Hyperion kernel used.
And Im using Revolutionary s-OFF and new Hboot for RevX 7.00.2002 downloaded from 4pda.ru.

Hboot (rename to PG88IMG.zip)

http://www.multiupload.com/TJAL6MNC1Z

lowveld

Nov 13, 2008
Working! will play with that , and write back if any bugs.

Thanks!

Edit: Wifi error.

That is most probably rom related. I assume you know how to use adb, so:

>adb remount
>adb shell

#ln -s /proc/calibration /system/etc/calibration
#exit

>adb reboot

lowveld

Nov 13, 2008
This is not work, still wi-fi error

I got the problem, and know how to fix it. Don't have time now, I'll update this later.

Cheers

-- edit --

Try this:

View attachment kernel-hyperion-v1.2-new-hboot_rev1.zip

Note that I do not have (nor plan to have) the new hboot installed, so I can't try it myself, so little patience is needed on your side.

For those interested in knowing what was needed up to now to port the kernel to the new hboot:

- edit init.saga.rc to mount the new lib partition
- edit the install script to also mount the lib partition, or it wont flash the modules, leading to the "wifi error"

Cheers

Last edited:

lowveld

Nov 13, 2008
Rev.1 still wifi error.

Thanks for trying!

Well, just to make sure it's not the updater script fault, can you drop the modules in the zip installer directly into /system/lib/modules on your phone and see if it works? You can use Root Explorer or something like that.

nodeffect

Mar 7, 2011
lowveld, does your hyperion kernal 1.2 works in Virtuous Unity ROM? Will your kernal fix the reboot problem by increasing the UV? Please help, thanks....

lowveld

Nov 13, 2008
lowveld, does your hyperion kernal 1.2 works in Virtuous Unity ROM? Will your kernal fix the reboot problem by increasing the UV? Please help, thanks....

Haven't tried it, so I can't answer for sure. But from what I heard, the random reboots came with the V10 kernel, so It's a fair chance that these will work fine.

If you're talking about the Unity 3.5 beta, use the endymion kernel. For the old 2.39 use Hyperion.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reaper, Hyperion, and Endymion Kernels

As more people are using my kernels in their own ROMs, I'm creating this thread to keep an updated version of both kernels available for everyone.

As their names imply, these kernels are first tested extensively on my own ROMs with the same name, but I can't off course guarantee the same level of performance on other ROMs.

All kernels have all features tested and working on the desire S, namely front facing camera and stereo video recording.All kernels allow overclocking up to around 1.5GHz. This is deliberately lower than other kernels, as I won't be responsible for freezing leading to battery pull leading to 350€ beautiful bricks.

Reaper kernel as been known to work on Reaper ROM (of course :)), MIUI, and CM7 derivatives.

Reaper AOSP kernel - Current version V1.3
    Changelog from regular CM7 kernel:
    - Forked and tweaked from latest CM7 source
    - Deadline IO scheduler
    - BFS task scheduler
    - Added smartass cpufreq governor
    - Added SavagedZen cpufreq governor
    - Added Scary cpufreq governor
    - Added Reaper cpufreq governor (modified smartassv2)
    - Changed frequency/voltage tables to match Tiamat V1.1.5, but limited max frequency to 1.5GHz (all thanks to Canyarb)
    - Exposed sysfs vdd interface: allows under/overvolt
    - Frequency limits: min=184MHz, max=1516MHz
    - Added SIO IO Scheduler
    - Added VR IO Scheduler
    - Added SmartassV2 CPU Governor

Download: http://desworks.de/android/reaper/kernel-reaper-V1.3-bfs.zip

Hyperion Sense 3.0 kernel - Current version V2.0
    Changelog from V1.2:
    - Back to CFS, I'm trying to merge both Endymion and Hyperion kernels
    - No default undervolting. People with stable devices under Hyperion previous releases may safely apply 50mV undervolt with OC/UV beater. This way is safer for everyone.
    - Some gpu tweaks
    - kernel-level support for ext2 and ext3. Together with already included loop device support, should help those people trying to run ubuntu under Hyperion.
    Download: http://www.multiupload.com/KSA2LZ9PXM
    MD5SUM: b7cad334a2d6d3cba9851a91d748fba3

Endymion Sense 3.5 kernel - Current version V2.1
    http://hulkshare.com/nxdnhbup95x7
    MD5SUM: 50bb716190233275e804364629b3be86

Changelog from V2.0:
    added Reaper governor, a modified smartassV2. Choose for performance.

Changelog from V1.1:
    - Removed default UV: should be rock stable for everyone
    - Added some gpu tweaks
    Download:http://www.multiupload.com/B7QYZJXF04
    MD5SUM:475ba597aa924089108435b113009401

Feel free to include the kernels in your own roms, but I put a lot of time and work on them. So if you do include them, a simple thanks and a link to the original roms they were released in would be very nice of you. :)

And of course, if you want to check the full potential of the kernels, give the Hyperion, Endymion and Reaper ROMs a go!

Enjoy
    Updated with Reaper kernel

The title says it all. For AOSP (GB only!), and it has been tested on MIUI.
    This is not work, still wi-fi error

I got the problem, and know how to fix it. Don't have time now, I'll update this later.

Cheers

-- edit --

Try this:

View attachment kernel-hyperion-v1.2-new-hboot_rev1.zip

Note that I do not have (nor plan to have) the new hboot installed, so I can't try it myself, so little patience is needed on your side.

For those interested in knowing what was needed up to now to port the kernel to the new hboot:

- edit init.saga.rc to mount the new lib partition
    - edit the install script to also mount the lib partition, or it wont flash the modules, leading to the "wifi error"

Cheers
    Lowveld, could you upload the new endymion kernel? Thanks before

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Sure, tonight when I get home.

Cheers
    Hi lowveld,

As Unity V10 is out, are you gonna rebase your kernels on it ? :D

Depends, I haven't tried it yet. The V9 base was pretty good, but there were lots of problems for the desire S with the first V10 release.

Anyway, regarding the desire S, the V10 incorporates the fixes I did for Hyperion and Endymion, so we already have that advantage. I'll have to check if any change in V10 is worth the trouble of changing to a potentially unstable base.

Also, the particular case of the Hyperion kernel is already a substantial change from the base.

What I will do, is update both kernels (regardless of changing base or not), and take out the default 50mV profile. This gives more trouble that it's worth, and you can always apply the UV through a 3rd party app if you know what you are doing.

Cheers