Custom ROM that allows access to EPST

Search This thread

Foots

Feb 20, 2009
I read somewhere that said only the sense roms can allow access to the EPST menu, but each one I have tried has failed so far. Anyone know if there is a ROM out there that lets me dial ##778 to get to the menu?

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
Try a stock sense 1 ROM like stock plus or mcsense or gingerstock.

Were you trying sense 3.5 roms? Afaik they don't support epst properly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Foots

Foots

Feb 20, 2009

Yes, it was Sense 3.5. I also tried the gingerstock rom and it didn't work either. I'll try and find a stock sense 1 ROM. I hear the Mcsense is pretty good. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: OlafTheOx

ckuke4

Jul 2, 2007
Yes, it was Sense 3.5. I also tried the gingerstock rom and it didn't work either. I'll try and find a stock sense 1 ROM. I hear the Mcsense is pretty good. Thanks for the help.

I'm using the McSense rom but it doesn't seem to work for me. Am I doing something wrong? ##778 then press the call button, brings up my contacts? Strange..

Foots

Feb 20, 2009
Try Wildstangs ota 4.08.605.2 base rom, Jermaines Stock+ rom or my Touch Of Blue rom, EPST works on all of them.

I'm gonna try the Touch of Blue next. The others didn't seem to work. Each time I hit ##778/send, it would just do nothing. It acts like it wants to open EPST, but never does.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

Foots

Feb 20, 2009
I'm using the McSense rom but it doesn't seem to work for me. Am I doing something wrong? ##778 then press the call button, brings up my contacts? Strange..

Same here. I've tried every Sense ROM with no success, even the Touch of Blue, which us a beautiful ROM BTW. When I dial #778 and hit send, it acts like its trying to open the menu, but nothing comes up. Also, nothing responds on the screen until I hit the back button.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Same here. I've tried every Sense ROM with no success, even the Touch of Blue, which us a beautiful ROM BTW. When I dial #778 and hit send, it acts like its trying to open the menu, but nothing comes up. Also, nothing responds on the screen until I hit the back button.

Very weird, i am running my rom TOB and can access it with no issues. I have always been able to access it except on a few ported roms. Im not sure what would be the difference. Same rom same phone, the only difference is whats on our emmc and sdcard, and that shouldt make a bit of difference. Mabey htc changed something in the phones along the way, causing some people to have different results than others. Only other thing i could think of is screen type, i have amoled, but that shouldnt make a difference either.

Also i noticed you said #778 it should be ##778# hit dial, may have just been a typo on your part.

Last edited:

Foots

Feb 20, 2009
Do you think maybe its because I'm using a different SD card?

Foots

Feb 20, 2009
Shouldnt matter, as far as i know epst does not use the sdcard.

If you really need to access those settings, you could always use QPST on your pc.

Maybe I'll get it figured out. Its weird because when I was on stock GB before I rooted I could access EPST, but since rooting I can't access it unless I restore my original rom.

Foots

Feb 20, 2009
I still cannot figure out why EPST isn't working with any rom I flash. I actually started using the Nils Business Sense 3.5 and when I dial ##778#, it says initializing, but never opens EPST. That's more then the Sense 1.0 roms have done for me.

highhacker

no epst

Same here . was stock 2.3.4 and did root s-off did nandroid of stock and flashed sense + .. now no epst on anything .. restored recovery and its doing the same thing ##778# and just locks the screen up . I have to hit the back key to unfreeze it . ##diag# does work however .. :(( i wish some one could figure this out i need epst . My MiP profile keeps changing from 1 to 0 on every boot and i lose 3g 1x . Could it be something different on the phones that see a working epst like the radio or s on or hboot ver ? mine is 0.92 s-off with the newest ota radio

Last edited:

highhacker

Thanks..found my dream rom. has Everything cm does plus its 100% sense. love it and. now it on Vmobile. epst works ..skyraider 4.0 ++ . rom is not availible here though.thru the developers site only.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk