[GUIDE] NFC-AAAC (NFC Assisted App Access and Control)

Search This thread

odwdinc

May 10, 2009
NFC-AAAC or NFC Assisted App Access and Control
Pretext:
I have 2 children under the age of 3, all of their content (audio/video) is digital accessed. This created a disconnection for them, as they are not able to play /change the content unless my wife or I change it for them. I know there is an interest for them to be able to change the content themselves as when we have Netflix or Pandora open on the touch enables screens they are all was trying to pick the show/music they like. The few places where they do have a physical medium to play content,
The DVD player/CD player (note we have it backed up digitally), there is much interest with the “desk”. The kids would love nothing more to remove and replace it over and over. Watching this behavior over some time has lead me to believe that a simpler solution would/could be doable.

This brings me to NFC tags, with a few add-on programs the NFC tag can be scripted to perform most complicated input tasks.

Goal:
To provide access to complicated tasks via NFC.
To allow a person of limited physical input abalaty to use smart phone tech.
This can include, the disabled, the young, the old.​
To allow access to tasks/apps while driving or when attention is needed other places.​

Current Scope:
Create tags for a radio station that can be quickly taped to change station/play album.
( Keeping the driver form looking at their phone while driving).​
Create tags that auto play Netflix/Amazon Prime/YouTube/Google +/etc videos.
This may include second screen casting​
Create tags to autolaunch/call via Skype/cell phones
Want to call grandma? Or have grandma get on Skype, etc.​
Create tags to attach to things around the house foods/shapes/flashcards etc.
When was this put in the fridge?
Send text to let people know the item is all gone etc.
What was this called.
Call support.​

Where I'm at:
I'm currently gathering URIs / intents for the tasks described.
I will be using a combination of the “NFC task launcher” and “Tasker” to complete the tasks.
I will be following up with more detailed guide on how to set up functions/tasks.
What I am looking for:
Help locating the URI / intents to call to complete tasks.
More tasks, Do have someone you know / you yourself finding something more complicated than it should be let me know and we can discuss how to fix.​

Last edited:

odwdinc

May 10, 2009
Current URI list

Note Most if not all the URIs are undocumented aka may stop working, I will try to keep the list up-to-date. Please let me know if any stop working.

Pandora:
Add/Play station: pandorav2:/createStation?stationId=<stationId>​

Netflix:
Play Tv Show: nflx://www.netflix.com/Browse?q=action%3Dplay%26movieid=http://api.netflix.com/catalog/titles/series/<ShowID>​
Play Movie: nflx://www.netflix.com/Browse?q=action%3Dplay%26movieid=http://api.netflix.com/catalog/titles/movies/<MovieID>​

Audio Call Phone / Moble: skype:<Phone#>?call​
Video Call: skype:<SkypeUser>?call&video=true​

YouTube:
Play Video: vnd.youtube:<VideoID>​

Last edited:

furius

Sep 6, 2009
interesting ... how did you discover the uri to launch apps with arguments?

I also used a custom URI and NFC Task Launcher to launch my app "Badge NFC" and store custom data inside the app database (look at my signature to get a playstore link) ...

odwdinc

May 10, 2009
how did you discover the uri to launch apps with arguments?

All of the custom URIs prefixes are in the apps manifest.
If I'm lucky I can simply type it into google and find someone else that's done the work, (to get the data argument)
If not I used JD-GUI to look over the source code to trace the Android Intent path and see what the app is looking for.
Another way is to see is if the app has a web app interface. Aka if I go to the web site or get a share link, does the app autolunch the content.

I was a little confused with your question, hope this answers it.
Thanks for the interest.

Reactions: furius

furius

Sep 6, 2009
Thanks for the interest.

Yes sure, that's what I was asking ... Cool!

I'll search in some of my favourite apps manifests to see if I can find something interesting ...

Inviato dal mio HTC One X con Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFC-AAAC or NFC Assisted App Access and Control
    Pretext:
    I have 2 children under the age of 3, all of their content (audio/video) is digital accessed. This created a disconnection for them, as they are not able to play /change the content unless my wife or I change it for them. I know there is an interest for them to be able to change the content themselves as when we have Netflix or Pandora open on the touch enables screens they are all was trying to pick the show/music they like. The few places where they do have a physical medium to play content,
    The DVD player/CD player (note we have it backed up digitally), there is much interest with the “desk”. The kids would love nothing more to remove and replace it over and over. Watching this behavior over some time has lead me to believe that a simpler solution would/could be doable.

This brings me to NFC tags, with a few add-on programs the NFC tag can be scripted to perform most complicated input tasks.

Goal:
    To provide access to complicated tasks via NFC.
    To allow a person of limited physical input abalaty to use smart phone tech.
    This can include, the disabled, the young, the old.​
    To allow access to tasks/apps while driving or when attention is needed other places.​

Current Scope:
    Create tags for a radio station that can be quickly taped to change station/play album.
    ( Keeping the driver form looking at their phone while driving).​
    Create tags that auto play Netflix/Amazon Prime/YouTube/Google +/etc videos.
    This may include second screen casting​
    Create tags to autolaunch/call via Skype/cell phones
    Want to call grandma? Or have grandma get on Skype, etc.​
    Create tags to attach to things around the house foods/shapes/flashcards etc.
    When was this put in the fridge?
    Send text to let people know the item is all gone etc.
    What was this called.
    Call support.​

Where I'm at:
    I'm currently gathering URIs / intents for the tasks described.
    I will be using a combination of the “NFC task launcher” and “Tasker” to complete the tasks.
    I will be following up with more detailed guide on how to set up functions/tasks.
    What I am looking for:
    Help locating the URI / intents to call to complete tasks.
    More tasks, Do have someone you know / you yourself finding something more complicated than it should be let me know and we can discuss how to fix.​
    Current URI list

Note Most if not all the URIs are undocumented aka may stop working, I will try to keep the list up-to-date. Please let me know if any stop working.

Pandora:
    Add/Play station: pandorav2:/createStation?stationId=<stationId>​

Netflix:
    Play Tv Show: nflx://www.netflix.com/Browse?q=action%3Dplay%26movieid=http://api.netflix.com/catalog/titles/series/<ShowID>​
    Play Movie: nflx://www.netflix.com/Browse?q=action%3Dplay%26movieid=http://api.netflix.com/catalog/titles/movies/<MovieID>​

Audio Call Phone / Moble: skype:<Phone#>?call​
    Video Call: skype:<SkypeUser>?call&video=true​

YouTube:
    Play Video: vnd.youtube:<VideoID>​
    how did you discover the uri to launch apps with arguments?

All of the custom URIs prefixes are in the apps manifest.
    If I'm lucky I can simply type it into google and find someone else that's done the work, (to get the data argument)
    If not I used JD-GUI to look over the source code to trace the Android Intent path and see what the app is looking for.
    Another way is to see is if the app has a web app interface. Aka if I go to the web site or get a share link, does the app autolunch the content.

Thanks for the interest.