Screen Repair?

Search This thread

iDylan1357

Dec 24, 2010
Hello everyone.

Just bought a Nexus 5 off somebody on craigslist, one big issue. Broken digitizer (I did know this when I bought it). Glass itself is mint, not even a scratch. However, the digitizer is all kinds of f***ed up, and the touch does not work. Phone itself works fine, I can confirm.

Has anybody sent their Nexus 5 in to LG recently for screen repair? If so how much was it? It would be $10 to send it in and either get it fixed or not, so I'm wary about sending it in without knowing a price. Anybody know? I'm guessing $100-$150 area, friend could do it for me with just the parts but obviously I'd prefer LG to do it. Just wondering.

Thanks!

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hello everyone.

Just bought a Nexus 5 off somebody on craigslist, one big issue. Broken digitizer (I did know this when I bought it). Glass itself is mint, not even a scratch. However, the digitizer is all kinds of f***ed up, and the touch does not work. Phone itself works fine, I can confirm.

Has anybody sent their Nexus 5 in to LG recently for screen repair? If so how much was it? It would be $10 to send it in and either get it fixed or not, so I'm wary about sending it in without knowing a price. Anybody know? I'm guessing $100-$150 area, friend could do it for me with just the parts but obviously I'd prefer LG to do it. Just wondering.

Thanks!

Call a service center for an estimate, but i guess 100-150 USD will not be sufficient for the part plus assembly.

xXghostXx313

Jul 15, 2012
Do lg instead. I bought a screen from ebay and the screen didn't even work correctly. It didn't compared to the original screen. It cost me 150 for that third party screen replacement. I heard that's the price for an OFFICIAL screen from lg as well. That's what I'm planning on doing next.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: iDylan1357

NORCALkID

Jun 23, 2011
I replaced the screen my self ..It cost me 135 on eBay. What is nice is that the screen comes with the housing and buttons and pretty much all you do is drop the pieces into the new housing. Look up a few tutorials to see how its done. Also bought a few tools so all in all it was $150.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do lg instead. I bought a screen from ebay and the screen didn't even work correctly. It didn't compared to the original screen. It cost me 150 for that third party screen replacement. I heard that's the price for an OFFICIAL screen from lg as well. That's what I'm planning on doing next.
    Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
    idk, I've heard it's $146 some places, $100 others. They don't give out estimates, it has to be sent in (odd).

As stated above make sure they`re talking about a original LG screen and not some cheap Chinese knockoff.