[Q] Htc M8 symlink: some symlinks failed error

Search This thread

penpen72

Mar 2, 2008
Google Pixel 4 XL
help please

My situation is that i had gpe installed when I got the phone and i wanted to go back to stock. After following several guides I am now s-ON, with no OS. I am trying to install ARHD and everything goes but at the end it shows CREATING SYMLINKS SYMLINK: SOME SYMLINKS FAILED. It won't boot to that at all. I am now on my 6th day of trying to fix it and I am about ready to take a sledgehammer to it. I followed your link but it skips one file when I try to copy it to the twrp backup folder. I am at a loss!!!

morktista

Jun 10, 2014
I was in the same boat, install CM11 nightlys, they work fine and it will get your phone working again

morktista

Jun 10, 2014
Before giving bad advice nkk71 its because he has s-on that errors comes up during the install because the installer cant repartitions the memory after the gpe was installed making the partitions to small for a sense based rom

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Before giving bad advice nkk71 its because he has s-on that errors comes up during the install because the installer cant repartitions the memory after the gpe was installed making the partitions to small for a sense based rom

my bad :angel:

your thread, your rules :rolleyes:

oh and i wasnt aware the "installer" repartitions the phone :cyclops:

and on that note:
2n668o0.jpg

you seem to have everything under control, sorry for "bugging in"

jeremyenos

Jan 21, 2013
So I'm in the same boat- installed GPE on my AT&T M8 to get the radio update so ARHD would work properly (LTE previously wouldn't take incoming calls).
Anyway- that seemed to work for the LTE issue, then discovered I couldn't restore my ARHD image backup. Couldn't install ARHD from it's zip either (symlink error).
Then heard about GPE RUU and how it makes partitions smaller or something and Sense based roms no longer fit?

What's the resolution path to get partitions sized back properly so I can restore my ARHD image and retain the radio updates that came with the GPE RUU?
Thanks.

morktista

Jun 10, 2014
You must have S-Off to redo the partition tables and an unlocked bootloader or your stuck until you get them off

ben_deez

Jan 29, 2011
gresham oregon
OnePlus 7 Pro
fixed symlinks issue on rom installation

i know its an old thread.... but i fixed my symlinks issue by mounting the system folder in twrp. then i did a repair file system on the system forlder before installing rom

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts