[THEME] Gingerbread Theme 1.1.3C (12/24) - for JK3, JPU, JPX, JPY based ROMs

Search This thread

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
Would be much better without the number on the battery.

Can't stand those things.

Last edited:

Dungeon47

Oct 2, 2010
The Mountains
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Running LCD Density Changer at 210 makes those battery numbers pretty tough to make out. I have good vision, but this is at my limit. All the same, it looks great!

Any chance of getting better looking notification drawer toggle buttons? Something more along the lines of the buttons on the lockscreen sliders.

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
Yeah and? I read the entire op before trying. Which part are you talking about. I am on assonance 3.1 which is jk3. My phone booted up so that was not an issue. I will try this again in a few days. Im not to concerned about it.

This is my captivate. There are many like it buy this one is mine.

You get the six menu buttons (instead of the original 5 with the stock launcher) with LauncherPro. The icons and dock background are also listed.

Or you can go with the Gingerbread Launcher from the market like someone else said.

Reefermattness

Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Last edited:

flashman2002

Aug 8, 2010
Derby/Wichita Kansas
You are not reading what i have posted. I already stated the menu dock didnt change. The last time i tried the status bar changed and that was all. like i said its not a huge deal for me.

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
You are not reading what i have posted. I already stated the menu dock didnt change. The last time i tried the status bar changed and that was all. like i said its not a huge deal for me.

And I'm saying that you need to change the icons and dock background using LauncherPro which the theme does not touch. If you're using the stock 2.2 launcher which it sounds like you using given that you said that there's only 5 menu buttons, the .zip does not change anything related to that really (other than the system-wide black transparent menu theme). You need LauncherPro if you want the 6 menu buttons and to change the icons/dock background.

thatoneguy99

Apr 14, 2008
Chesapeake, VA
www.facebook.com
By all means... continue and I will post a version with your battery mod as well. I tried to keep the stock battery look and ended up having to make the numbers really small for it to look right.
Could you just make the numbers sideways? Like going longways up and down the battery. I dont like the itty bitty numbers. I can barely see em. Maybe going longways would be better. Just for the people that want it. Widgets are nice but you have to be on that page to see em. Just an idea.

Fortune090

Jun 26, 2008
Could you just make the numbers sideways? Like going longways up and down the battery. I dont like the itty bitty numbers. I can barely see em. Maybe going longways would be better. Just for the people that want it. Widgets are nice but you have to be on that page to see em. Just an idea.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9661362&postcount=86

A percentage counter I made. Numbers are quite a bit bigger for its size and definitely easy to read. I've been using it and even at a quick glance it's readable. ;)

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
Changes in 1.1.2 (Updated screenshots in OP)

-Minor visual tweaks to the notification drawer

Reefermattness

Sep 27, 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Good idea..and can somebody post a screenie of the faux ginger dialer?? Thx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Here is a screeny from when I was working on it. I dont have it flashed at the moment, but its been cleaned up since this image. The blue is gone from the top, its black/grey like the gingerbread theme. :)

snap20101207_160002.png

avgjoegeek

Sep 17, 2010
Junction City
Just flashed this on Cog's latest and greatest.

Some weird anomalies - Lock screen still has the "glass arrows" overlay over the top of the stock lock.

When I want to mount the SD Cards for my computer the icons are fubar (shows the lil battery charge icon?)

But it did appear to load. Possibly some conflicts with the frameworks causing the issue due to his customized ROM?

It fubard more than I thought - don't use it with Cognition as there seems to be more tweaks that are incompatible with this

BUT - I still love this theme - thanks for the work!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Changes in JPY 1.1.3C

-Fixed FC when using extended power menu options. Woops :eek:

Changes in JPY 1.1.3B

-Added extended power menu
    -Added AOSP lockscreen
    -Should work on JPU, JPX, and JPY

Changes in JPU 1.1.3A

-Added battery % display (icons provided by Rawat)
    -Fixed power off icon

Changes in 1.1.3

-Redesigned notification toggle area by MikeyMike01 (Screenshot updated)
    -Version available for JPU based ROMs

Changes in 1.1.2 (Updated screenshots below)

-Minor visual tweaks to the notification drawer

Changes in 1.1.1

-Vertical dividers in menus are visible now

Changes in 1.1

-Added battery % display (I hope you have good eyes lol)
    -Fixed indeterminate progress bar animation
    -Should see your clock now if you didn't before
    -Those who saw ev signal indicators before should see the correct ones now

Screens...

snap20101208145631.png

snap20101208145653.png

snap20101208145704.png

screenshotap.png

LauncherPro dock and icons

dockb.png

hotseatphonenormal.png

allappsbuttonnormal.png

hotseatbrowsernormal.png

*If you don't want to use LauncherPro, look for Gingerbread Launcher in the market.

Devs click here for information on xml edits

WARNING: Please have a back up plan before flashing this or wait until someone more experienced than you flashes and says it works with x ROM.

WARNING 2: Sometimes it takes a really long time (several minutes) to boot after flashing android.policy.jar. Be patient if you see the boot animation for a long time after flashing this.

Gingerbread_Theme_JPY_1.1.3C.zip
    Changes in JPY 1.1.3B

-Added extended power menu
    -Added AOSP lockscreen
    -Should work on JPU, JPX, and JPY
    I got an error as well trying to flash it on Perception 9. Threw caution to the wind and just copied the files from the zip over and it worked great.
    Hey gtg, this is a good looking theme. I'm curious how you made the vertical divider lines visible in the options menu. I put a theme together for the htc incredible and that is the last part I need to figure out. Thanks!

Here's some pointers I posted in another thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9664604&postcount=77
    http://www.multiupload.com/TR0NMXKE2X

..........................................^ TRON... lolz