Cluttered dev forum lol

Search This thread

younix258

Feb 18, 2011
Im coming from the vibrant 3g and came lurking thru these dev forums to see what my phones big brother has to offer....
Damn how depressing lol.

Well anyways, i couldnt figure out which roms were what and what they had to offer etc sooo

Im just curious what diff roms you guys have
Gb, froyo, maybe ics?
Focus is on stability
So what roms are your most stable and what are ttheir biggest downsides..
Approx how is your performance and maybe benchmark scores?

Sent from a cell tower to the XDA server to you.

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
I'm only familiar with 3 rom's and am happy with all 3.
Like you I came here from the vibrant about a year ago due to I broke mine.....yea there's not much here but there is a little
The 3 rom's I've used are whitehawxs Valhalla final(if you recall whitehawxs came from the vibrant) but I made a lot of changes to his due to several things like the pink unicorn.
Valhalla black by Raver,nice rom I'm using it now.
And last but not least ravers miui rom.....I really love miui but on this phone they haven't yet been able to get ringtones and vibration working due to lack of files needed being released

Sent from my SGH-T959V,SGH-T959 using xda premium.

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
We have a CM7 WIP.

GPS and BT don't work yet, but it is constantly being worked on by our team acid. (Mainly Bhundven and M4xm4n).

Also, the battery life isn't all the way up, but I am using it.

It's is lightning fast, and not fast like people say about valhalla. This is AOSP fast!

@Shortbus-Driver, it's Whitehawkx(spelling) LOL ;)

Shortbus-Driver

Apr 9, 2011
Orlando Fl.
LOL yea its all good....just didn't feel like going back and correcting everything its bad enough I had to go back and correct Tom to rom like 4-5 times LOL I had just flashed vb and you know how that is with the keyboard settings

Sent from my SGH-T959V,SGH-T959 using xda premium.

IDisposable

Aug 15, 2008
St. Louis, MO
about.me
Im coming from the vibrant 3g
Damn how depressing lol.
Yes, me too... and yes... sad that people are such jerks over here.
Gb, froyo, maybe ics?
Focus is on stability
I'm using Valhalla Black by Raverx3x http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1404863
With AntonX's kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1610528

Very good stability and battery life. Prior to this, the best kernel was Bryan's 0.2d, which AntonX started from, so it is very clean.
Approx how is your performance and maybe benchmark scores?
Benchmarks are for braggarts. I'll just say that this combination does great BlueTooth, GPS and plays all the games I use (Plants vs. Zombies, Angry Birds *, Where's My Water) perfectly.

We're VERY close to having a working CM7, but until BT and GPS work, I can't go there... so no comments.

Mar 26, 2012
Colorado
Welcome to the forums...

Yes, me too... and yes... sad that people are such jerks over here.

I'm using Valhalla Black by Raverx3x http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1404863
With AntonX's kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1610528

Very good stability and battery life. Prior to this, the best kernel was Bryan's 0.2d, which AntonX started from, so it is very clean.

Benchmarks are for braggarts. I'll just say that this combination does great BlueTooth, GPS and plays all the games I use (Plants vs. Zombies, Angry Birds *, Where's My Water) perfectly.

We're VERY close to having a working CM7, but until BT and GPS work, I can't go there... so no comments.

@ younix258: Welcome to the forums. It's good to see you doing your homework. This is my first android phone. Coming from a worn out original Palm Pre, there's just no going back for me.

@ IDisposable: Although I'm new to these forums, I have noticed a bit of bickering back and forth between a few select members. Unfortunately, it appears that we've lost the developers that are the very ones that make / made this entire modding of the Samsung Galaxy S 4G phone possible in the first place. In my opinion, those developers deserve the utmost respect and support from all of us that are benefiting from their hard work. 'Nuff said.

That's exactly the setup I'm running, too. I just finished getting my phone where I want it after loading everything up yesterday. It's running smooth & I'm happy with the results, so far.

The only thing I use benchmarks for is to compare changes I've made to my phone. If i install a tweak or make a change here or there, I do like to see the numbers go up. That way, I can avoid piling a bunch of stuff on my phone that I either don't need, or actually affects my phone in unintended negative ways that I might not possibly understand.

I'm also patiently watching & waiting for development on CM7. It's a good thing that I read the notes on that thread, so I knew beforehand that it's not quite "ready for primetime". Otherwise, I would've been disappointed.

Overall, I feel that the Samsung Galaxy S 4g is a very nice phone. Although it doesn't have the killer specs of the Galaxy SII, it still has a lot of potential and when combined with all of the custom ROMs and tweaks that are available on these XDA forums-- this phone is very far from "dead", in my opinion.

Keep up the good work boys-- keep up the good work!!!

younix258

Feb 18, 2011
Good answers guy, thanks for being thorough.. yeah what bothered me about this forum is the lack of precise rom info in the rom threads and titles are damn near useless.
But you guys cleared it up.
As a side note, the 959v will be going to my little brother and I'm keeping my 959 lol so while ill be around, ill stick mostly to my OG vibe.
Oh and when cm7 works, that **** will turn heads lol.. just hope battery gets straightened out

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA