Full Root for Sony Xperia M c1904 & c1905 models on JB 4.1

Search This thread

dunc4n88

Nov 16, 2011
UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS 23/3/2014

Thought I would share this for anyone that's looking for a complete and full root of this phone, this is not my work I was given these instructions for full root of Sony Xperia M Phone by member xzn credits go to him and others mentioned within method here is the method as follows

- FULL ROOT XPERIA M -

material
- Download Framaroot 1.5.3(http://www.2shared.com/file/x5aus8Wd/comalephzainframaroot_153.html?)
- Busybox Pro v9.7.3 (http://www.2shared.com/file/gPQlU2-Q/BusyBox_Pro_9_7_3.html?)
- Busybox Free (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox)
- Tool By Anto Kus (download here http://www.2shared.com/file/e9sDTGJk/rootfixer.html?)
- some snacks and soda

steps
1. Install framaroot 1.5.3 ,open , then select install supersu, then select gandalf, if its failed, try, try n try until success notification appear and ask to reebot,your phone will reboot, after your phone on again , look for supersu app in menu , if supersu not appear in menu try,try n try again until supersu appears

2. Install BusyBox Pro v9.7.3 , if busybox ask for backup, select yes, then busyboz will loading, after 100%, MAKE SURE BUSYBOX IS INSTALLED IN SYSTEM/XBIN select install, select normal install, after success,reboot your XM
up here, Your phone was half rooted (what is half rooted? its mean that your phone can not edit system file, if you try to edit your system file your XM will sudden reboot) (THIS STEP IS SO YOU CAN CREATE A BACKUP OF YOUR SYSTEM SETTINGS BEFORE BUSYBOX IS INSTALLED BUT IF YOUR NOT BOTHERED ABOUT A BACKUP THEN YOU CAN SKIP INSTALLING THIS BUSYBOX VERSION AND DOWNLOAD THE BUSYBOX FREE AND USE THAT ONE TO INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION STRAIGHT AWAY)

3. eat your snack and drink your soda, stay relax 

4. Extact Tool by Anto Kus to your pc (you will get superuser.bat and supersu.bat), then connect your XM (connect by msc and you must have install pcc on your pc), then run supersu.bat when prompted grant root access on phone
your xm will reboot
Once phone reboots wait for pc to detect phone again then finish supersu.bat then unplug device, MAKE SURE TO RERUN THE. bat FILE AGAIN AFTER FIRST REBOOT TO DOUBLE CHECK THAT THE REBOOT FIX HAS BEEN INSTALLED CORRECTLY, BEFORE RUNNING THE SCRIPT AGAIN AFTER PHONE HAS BEEN DETECTED BY THE PC UNPLUG THE PHONE THEN RERUN THE .bat FILE.

5. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST BUSYBOX FREE FROM PLAY MARKET AND LET SMART INSTALL FINISH LOADING, ONCE LOADED SELECT LATEST BUSYBOX VERSION (CURRENTLY AT V1.22.1-stericson) AND MAKE SURE ITS INSTALLED IN SYSTEM/XBIN. ONCE INSTALLED REBOOT PHONE THEN YOUR DONE

Credit to
- Xzn
- Anto Kus
- Hendrico Andre and Muhammad Arif
from Sony Xperia M Indonesia :highfive:

EXTRA
1: BUSYBOX MUST BE INSTALLED TO SYSTEM/XBIN TO WORK IF NOT AND SYSTEM/BIN IS SELECTED THE PHONE WILL REBOOT AND BUSYBOX WILL NOT BE INSTALLED

2: ALL DRIVERS MUST BE INSTALLED ADB ETC...

3: USB DEBUGGING AND MSC MUST BE SELECTED AND TURNED ON

HOW TO UNROOT LONG VERSION:

*only if you used busybox pro*

1. go into busybox and click on restore, let it do its job. A confirmation popup will appear
2. Go into supersu>settings and scroll down to unroot, click it and let it finish
3. Reboot device (NOTE IF YOU'VE RESTORED VIA BUSYBOX THEN SYSTEM WILL BE VERY LAGGY)
4. Go into settings and carry out a factory reset to clear the device fully.

HOW TO UNROOT SHORT VERSION:
1. Refresh stock firmware via flashtool and select wipe cache and wipe data
2. Let device boot up, can take upto 5+ minutes to boot up.

Sent from My Sony Xperia M C1905

Last edited:

mmm273

Jan 16, 2011
I have problem ( or better - my brother :D ) after succesfull root, run rootfixer, but thats not fix anything... phone still rebooting if i want change some in /system ...please help

dunc4n88

Nov 16, 2011
Ignore the quote as xda app giving me.issues and not selecting the correct post to quote

Sent from my C2005 using xda premium

mmm273

Jan 16, 2011
yes, installed... (and backed up, and wait for 100% loading, then install - normal)

i folowed closely, and still have problem.

mmm273

Jan 16, 2011
dont know... but when i now open busybox pro, its pointing to system/bin ...So you think i have to change destination to xbin and install it again ?

dunc4n88

Nov 16, 2011
Install busybox to system/xbin
You'll get a confirmation screen saying busybox has been installed successfully then reboot your phone once booted up rerun root fix for the superuser app you installed then once phone has booted up again try then

Sent from my C2005 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: abuzer3 and mmm273

aser44

Dec 27, 2010
Gdańsk
Hello

I have installed supersu, and BusyB to xbin and after running supersu.bat (xm is connected in msc mode and pcc is installed correctly) i have that message like on scrrenshot and nothing happens

Attachments

• wait.jpg
    wait.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 936

aser44

Dec 27, 2010
Gdańsk
Im using framaroot 1.6.0 (even 1.6.1 is out there) and its hals rooting my device (like in the guide)

After all operations i cant edit system files :crying:

Do i have to turn on USB Debugging ? Its not mentioned in the guide but i find it in this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450265

Im asking because i cant check it since 7 pm

Last edited:

ManzzaShahi

Nov 21, 2012
i cannot access the server to the tool by anto kus
can anyone provide mirror for that link
thanks

dunc4n88

Nov 16, 2011
Found it usb debugging needs to be enabled for root fix so enable it

I'll upload the tool when I get in from work I have it on my laptop

Sent from my C2005 using xda premium

Antrikos48

Oct 18, 2013
Nicosia
Hello

I have installed supersu, and BusyB to xbin and after running supersu.bat (xm is connected in msc mode and pcc is installed correctly) i have that message like on scrrenshot and nothing happens

Make sure USB debugging is enabled and that PCC has installed the drivers. It didn't work for me either but after PCC installed the drivers it found my device.

This message was brought to you by my Sony Xperia M (C1905), using the XDA app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS 23/3/2014

Thought I would share this for anyone that's looking for a complete and full root of this phone, this is not my work I was given these instructions for full root of Sony Xperia M Phone by member xzn credits go to him and others mentioned within method here is the method as follows

- FULL ROOT XPERIA M -

material
    - Download Framaroot 1.5.3(http://www.2shared.com/file/x5aus8Wd/comalephzainframaroot_153.html?)
    - Busybox Pro v9.7.3 (http://www.2shared.com/file/gPQlU2-Q/BusyBox_Pro_9_7_3.html?)
    - Busybox Free (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox)
    - Tool By Anto Kus (download here http://www.2shared.com/file/e9sDTGJk/rootfixer.html?)
    - some snacks and soda

steps
    1. Install framaroot 1.5.3 ,open , then select install supersu, then select gandalf, if its failed, try, try n try until success notification appear and ask to reebot,your phone will reboot, after your phone on again , look for supersu app in menu , if supersu not appear in menu try,try n try again until supersu appears

2. Install BusyBox Pro v9.7.3 , if busybox ask for backup, select yes, then busyboz will loading, after 100%, MAKE SURE BUSYBOX IS INSTALLED IN SYSTEM/XBIN select install, select normal install, after success,reboot your XM
    up here, Your phone was half rooted (what is half rooted? its mean that your phone can not edit system file, if you try to edit your system file your XM will sudden reboot) (THIS STEP IS SO YOU CAN CREATE A BACKUP OF YOUR SYSTEM SETTINGS BEFORE BUSYBOX IS INSTALLED BUT IF YOUR NOT BOTHERED ABOUT A BACKUP THEN YOU CAN SKIP INSTALLING THIS BUSYBOX VERSION AND DOWNLOAD THE BUSYBOX FREE AND USE THAT ONE TO INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION STRAIGHT AWAY)

3. eat your snack and drink your soda, stay relax 

4. Extact Tool by Anto Kus to your pc (you will get superuser.bat and supersu.bat), then connect your XM (connect by msc and you must have install pcc on your pc), then run supersu.bat when prompted grant root access on phone
    your xm will reboot
    Once phone reboots wait for pc to detect phone again then finish supersu.bat then unplug device, MAKE SURE TO RERUN THE. bat FILE AGAIN AFTER FIRST REBOOT TO DOUBLE CHECK THAT THE REBOOT FIX HAS BEEN INSTALLED CORRECTLY, BEFORE RUNNING THE SCRIPT AGAIN AFTER PHONE HAS BEEN DETECTED BY THE PC UNPLUG THE PHONE THEN RERUN THE .bat FILE.

5. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST BUSYBOX FREE FROM PLAY MARKET AND LET SMART INSTALL FINISH LOADING, ONCE LOADED SELECT LATEST BUSYBOX VERSION (CURRENTLY AT V1.22.1-stericson) AND MAKE SURE ITS INSTALLED IN SYSTEM/XBIN. ONCE INSTALLED REBOOT PHONE THEN YOUR DONE

Credit to
    - Xzn
    - Anto Kus
    - Hendrico Andre and Muhammad Arif
    from Sony Xperia M Indonesia :highfive:

EXTRA
    1: BUSYBOX MUST BE INSTALLED TO SYSTEM/XBIN TO WORK IF NOT AND SYSTEM/BIN IS SELECTED THE PHONE WILL REBOOT AND BUSYBOX WILL NOT BE INSTALLED

2: ALL DRIVERS MUST BE INSTALLED ADB ETC...

3: USB DEBUGGING AND MSC MUST BE SELECTED AND TURNED ON

HOW TO UNROOT LONG VERSION:

*only if you used busybox pro*

1. go into busybox and click on restore, let it do its job. A confirmation popup will appear
    2. Go into supersu>settings and scroll down to unroot, click it and let it finish
    3. Reboot device (NOTE IF YOU'VE RESTORED VIA BUSYBOX THEN SYSTEM WILL BE VERY LAGGY)
    4. Go into settings and carry out a factory reset to clear the device fully.

HOW TO UNROOT SHORT VERSION:
    1. Refresh stock firmware via flashtool and select wipe cache and wipe data
    2. Let device boot up, can take upto 5+ minutes to boot up.

Sent from My Sony Xperia M C1905
    It still doesn't work even if I use supersu, (I can see the app in my app tray). This is what I've done:

I uninstalll busybox then I delete the app
    I unroot my phone with framaroot then I delete framaroot.
    I reboot
    I install framaroot, choose supersu, gandalf. The popup succes appears then the phone auto reboot
    I intsall busybox in xbin
    I run supersu.bat
    I grant su access to supersu
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/057uwdzfw951ce3/Supersu.png
    The phone reboots but I've still the same problem as before, when I want to delete Books.apk Es say that i'm not root.

May b u have messed up the system, just reflash ur stock rom with sony update service & and follow the procedure line by line it always works in my case,

Further I tell u this method is for single SIM not dual sim xm..

Hope this helps u

sent via hybrid pegions
    Right everyone with problems trying to root give FULL derails of steps you have done and which app you selected to install and did it show up in app drawer after phone booted back up

Too many saying it doesn't work and give no details to exactly what isn't working.

Once replies come in ill see if there's a common fault and try my best to help as I personally use this method myself over 10 times with no problems so there's something that's being done wrong

Sent from my C1905 using xda premium
    Indeed anyone tried binary4u?
    Install busybox to system/xbin
    You'll get a confirmation screen saying busybox has been installed successfully then reboot your phone once booted up rerun root fix for the superuser app you installed then once phone has booted up again try then

Sent from my C2005 using xda app-developers app