Good cases for culinary. Port/Drop protection.

Search This thread

nxneko

Dec 29, 2012
Orlando
So far Ive been using an otterbox commuter, however there is no otterbox that matches a pink device, the "berry" option and "lily" option are both pukishly horrid looking

The thing with that kind of case, and those of you who work in the kitchen know what Im talking about is the residue build up from heat/humidity that forms alongside the edges of the front of the phone no matter where you place it on you (at least with the commuters), making port covers very important.... as my N2 survived 6 weeks before having a faulty charge port without a port-covering case.

However, Ive had no such luck finding a conventional case that has port covers....thats not otterbox, I've seen some nice cases around these threads but its all up to port covering & drop protection because well....thats entire point of a case.

refinition

Nov 9, 2013
Or you could have a try spray painting your case, it could work

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

nxneko

Dec 29, 2012
Orlando

sodomanaz

Oct 14, 2008
So far Ive been using an otterbox commuter, however there is no otterbox that matches a pink device, the "berry" option and "lily" option are both pukishly horrid looking

The thing with that kind of case, and those of you who work in the kitchen know what Im talking about is the residue build up from heat/humidity that forms alongside the edges of the front of the phone no matter where you place it on you (at least with the commuters), making port covers very important.... as my N2 survived 6 weeks before having a faulty charge port without a port-covering case.

However, Ive had no such luck finding a conventional case that has port covers....thats not otterbox, I've seen some nice cases around these threads but its all up to port covering & drop protection because well....thats entire point of a case.

No offense, but if I saw anyone in a kitchen with their phone out I would tell the manager that there was no way I was going to eat there.

#1. You are bringing glass on the line. Your phone breaks, you just screwed the entire line.
#2. Your phone is a bacteria magnet. If you touch your phone while you are cooking and you do not stop to wash your hands, you are potentially putting diners at risk.
#3. You are at work. Act like it. Leave your phone in the break room.

nxneko

Dec 29, 2012
Orlando
No offense, but if I saw anyone in a kitchen with their phone out I would tell the manager that there was no way I was going to eat there.

#1. You are bringing glass on the line. Your phone breaks, you just screwed the entire line.
#2. Your phone is a bacteria magnet. If you touch your phone while you are cooking and you do not stop to wash your hands, you are potentially putting diners at risk.
#3. You are at work. Act like it. Leave your phone in the break room.

Thats silly, but obvious. I would never want to get flour or butter etc on the phone it never comes out of back pocket, theres already a no phones out except while on break rule anyways plus who has time when theyre making batches of desserts and breads, But humidity build up in kitchen is why im looking for such a case. There is no lockers in the bakery which I find odd but thats how it is.

Its just about protecting it from the added variables in a kitchen environment

sodomanaz

Oct 14, 2008
Thats silly, but obvious. I would never want to get flour or butter etc on the phone it never comes out of back pocket, theres already a no phones out except while on break rule anyways plus who has time when theyre making batches of desserts and breads, But humidity build up in kitchen is why im looking for such a case. There is no lockers in the bakery which I find odd but thats how it is.

Its just about protecting it from the added variables in a kitchen environment

It may be silly, but you definitely asked for an opinion from those of us who have worked in kitchens. I gave you mine.

Your phone should never be in the kitchen anyway. Leave it in your purse and problem solved. Beyond that, the Zerolemon rugged case offers decent protection (but is huge) or you can look on ebay for port plugs.

nxneko

Dec 29, 2012
Orlando
It may be silly, but you definitely asked for an opinion from those of us who have worked in kitchens. I gave you mine.

Your phone should never be in the kitchen anyway. Leave it in your purse and problem solved. Beyond that, the Zerolemon rugged case offers decent protection (but is huge) or you can look on ebay for port plugs.

Cant bring purse.... I wish I could. There would be no place to keep it away from food or supplies. I was actually looking into that case but worried over bulk. It has to go in pocket behind chefs jacket behind apron at best.

I had emailed ZL over a purple case they had with the battery and they blew me off with a reply so ive been thinking twice