Can't recieve MMS or send MMS on stock Android

Search This thread

ThePwnie

Nov 28, 2012
Before, I was using sense 6.0 and MMS was working very well. I can use data and wifi at the same time to recieve or send MMS, and it was quick. I converted my phone to GPE, and now it MMS seems to not work. I know I'm recieving it but it never goes through. Any help? Is there a way I can use data and wifi to recieve MMS just like using Sense?

EDIT: LET ME REPHRASE IT. I can recieve or send MMS but only on LTE. With sense ROM when I'm recieving MMS on WiFi, it switches to LTE to recieve or send MMS. It doesn't work on stock Android. How do I do this on stock Android?

Last edited:

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
Before, I was using sense 6.0 and MMS was working very well. I can use data and wifi at the same time to recieve or send MMS, and it was quick. I converted my phone to GPE, and now it MMS seems to not work. I know I'm recieving it but it never goes through. Any help? Is there a way I can use data and wifi to recieve MMS just like using Sense?

Did you set up the correct APN settings for your carrier?

Wizard Knight

Apr 24, 2010
Long Island, New York
Mms sends over cell service, not wifi. The reason it worked on the sense rom is that the sense messenger is designed to send it over cell. So even if you're on wifi, it's sending the mms over cell using a background service.

Messengers available on the market don't do this... I think because it would require root access but I never looked I to it so I'm not totally sure.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ThePwnie

Nov 28, 2012
Mms sends over cell service, not wifi. The reason it worked on the sense rom is that the sense messenger is designed to send it over cell. So even if you're on wifi, it's sending the mms over cell using a background service.

Messengers available on the market don't do this... I think because it would require root access but I never looked I to it so I'm not totally sure.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I realized this. I do have root access, and if you can post me a messenger app that works like sense messenger that would be great!

Last edited:

Rouleaux

Apr 22, 2014
Thanks, I realized this. I do have root access, and if you can post me a messenger app that works like sense messenger that would be great!

Bumping this up, I'm having the same trouble, running T-Mobile LTE/Wifi on my unlocked ATT HTC One M8.
Looked up several apn settings still no luck, anyone wanna post their tmobile m8's apn to compare mine? For some reason I don't get the option to select ipv4 or ipv6 in my apn settings which I think is my issue, but then again who knows. :/
I'm receiving, but I can't download them to display or send them via both LTE and wifi.
Just seeking help on my first android :)