build.prop edit

Search This thread

Ash180287

Jun 22, 2010
Just out of curiosity, sure I would have hered about it on here if anyone had tried. But has anyone attempted/been brave enough to edit their build.prop to mimic a shield yet to see what kind of comparability we get with portal and half life. Am really tempted but reluctant for the obvious reasons. I do it all the time with Samsung's with few issues but kinda need a recovery menu their for my piece of mind before touching the build.prop with the mojo

Reactions: gwaldo

Ash180287

Jun 22, 2010
Well if can confirm changing the values in the build.prop to this:
ro.product.model=SHIELD
ro.product.brand=nvidia
ro.product.name=thor
ro.product.device=roth
ro.product.board=P2450

Does not gain compatibility to the nvida shield games on the android market, and does not cause any issues on the mojo.
Only thing I can think of now it to aquire a copy of half life 2 apk file and see if when its side loaded its tricked into thinking its loading onto a shield. But in an ideal world I would like to purchase it from the store to support the devs

Last edited:

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
ro.product.model=SHIELD
ro.product.brand=nvidia
ro.product.name=thor
ro.product.device=roth
ro.product.board=P2450

Does not gain compatibility to the nvida shield games on the android market, and does not cause any issues on the mojo.
Only thing I can think of now it to aquire a copy of half life 2 apk file and see if when its side loaded its tricked into thinking its loading onto a shield. But in an ideal world I would like to purchase it from the store to support the devs

what determines market compatibility is the keys;

ro.build.description=d2mtr-user 4.1.2 JZO54K R530MVQAMF2 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/d2mtr/d2mtr:4.1.2/JZO54K/R530MVQAMF2:user/release-keys

if you were to swap those with the lines you have the market thinking you have metropcs CDMA SGS3 on 4.1.2. i would suggest trying to grab a rom from the shield and swapping the values you have for those ones :).

edit:

ro.build.description=thor-user 4.2.1 JOP40D 8857_206.8556 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=nvidia/thor/roth:4.2.1/JOP40D/8857_206.8556:user/release-keys

there ya go, the shield from 4.2.1, it wa steh only rom i could find for em but at the very least its worth a try :) make sure you backup your build.prop before editing em.

Last edited:

Ash180287

Jun 22, 2010

ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/d2mtr/d2mtr:4.1.2/JZO54K/R530MVQAMF2:user/release-keys

if you were to swap those with the lines you have the market thinking you have metropcs CDMA SGS3 on 4.1.2. i would suggest trying to grab a rom from the shield and swapping the values you have for those ones :).

edit:

ro.build.fingerprint=nvidia/thor/roth:4.2.1/JOP40D/8857_206.8556:user/release-keys

there ya go, the shield from 4.2.1, it wa steh only rom i could find for em but at the very least its worth a try :) make sure you backup your build.prop before editing em.

Yep backup the living hell out of everything, learned that lesson the hard way :D,

Thanks for the lines what I had done always worked on my Samsung's for some reason.
Does that mean those are the only 2 key lines and the ones I changed didnt near altering.
Am on my bull s weekend shift so will try it out and see what happens.

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
Changing certain things may alter it etc, but those two lines are the biggest changes needed to also change for market accress. i believe you may need to set device as well but im not entire sure, its been a few years since ive had to spoof a market. either way hopefully helps ya enable some additional stuff, if im able to get cwm working you guys might be able to set up a flashable zip to "open" the market on up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just out of curiosity, sure I would have hered about it on here if anyone had tried. But has anyone attempted/been brave enough to edit their build.prop to mimic a shield yet to see what kind of comparability we get with portal and half life. Am really tempted but reluctant for the obvious reasons. I do it all the time with Samsung's with few issues but kinda need a recovery menu their for my piece of mind before touching the build.prop with the mojo
    ro.product.model=SHIELD
    ro.product.brand=nvidia
    ro.product.name=thor
    ro.product.device=roth
    ro.product.board=P2450

ro.product.model=SHIELD
    ro.product.brand=nvidia
    ro.product.name=thor
    ro.product.device=roth
    ro.product.board=P2450

edit: