[Q] Non-functioning stamina/false battery reading.

Search This thread

akimester

Apr 3, 2014
Budapest
hi !

At first i tried to get some GOOD answer from the official forum ,but... pfff.... lol : they said factory reset my phone ,delete batterystats.bin ,etc.
These are voodoos only and do not wok ! (OS always creates a new stats file after every charge)

Well ,here comes the problem(s) and the facts about my phone:

Warranty : yes
Model : c5303
Rooted : yes
Bootloader : unlock NOT allowed (LBL,never touched)
OS : Stock based. (no matter what ,i have the same issues)
Service center : NOT FAULTY

The problems :
1. A real example :today i had 61% charge. Powered off my phone for approx. 5 mins. After this turned ON ,and i had 81%. What the hell ??? It is a real charge level ,drains lineary it holds out till the end !

2. In official 4.3 and custom ROMs based on that ,STAMINA absolutely doesnt work. I have exactly the same standby time with or without it. Forget the force stop eco ,etc mode controller ,clear data,etc. It doesnt work !
Logcat LOG : http://pastebin.com/NSV7j68T
Created with my phone from a terminal window. If you need something else ,please let me know.
A real fact too : with stamina off ,the OS calculates the remaining uptime to ~4 days. I turn on STAMINA ,it displays ~15 days ,but after a few hours it lowers to the STAMINA OFF value. Why ????

3. Phone configured to totally OFFLINE mode in 2G. Just like an old Nokia 3210. EVERYTHING is off ! Everything. Even NFC too.
Freeze with Titanium Backup ? It doesnt help.

I have the same issues with every stock based ROMs ! (Dont forget ,i have LBL !)

Guys ! What can i do ? This is not a normal situation !

eSu.Matix

Apr 21, 2011
Berlin
hi !

At first i tried to get some GOOD answer from the official forum ,but... pfff.... lol : they said factory reset my phone ,delete batterystats.bin ,etc.
These are voodoos only and do not wok ! (OS always creates a new stats file after every charge)

Well ,here comes the problem(s) and the facts about my phone:

Warranty : yes
Model : c5303
Rooted : yes
Bootloader : unlock NOT allowed (LBL,never touched)
OS : Stock based. (no matter what ,i have the same issues)
Service center : NOT FAULTY

The problems :
1. A real example :today i had 61% charge. Powered off my phone for approx. 5 mins. After this turned ON ,and i had 81%. What the hell ??? It is a real charge level ,drains lineary it holds out till the end !

2. In official 4.3 and custom ROMs based on that ,STAMINA absolutely doesnt work. I have exactly the same standby time with or without it. Forget the force stop eco ,etc mode controller ,clear data,etc. It doesnt work !
Logcat LOG : http://pastebin.com/NSV7j68T
Created with my phone from a terminal window. If you need something else ,please let me know.
A real fact too : with stamina off ,the OS calculates the remaining uptime to ~4 days. I turn on STAMINA ,it displays ~15 days ,but after a few hours it lowers to the STAMINA OFF value. Why ????

3. Phone configured to totally OFFLINE mode in 2G. Just like an old Nokia 3210. EVERYTHING is off ! Everything. Even NFC too.
Freeze with Titanium Backup ? It doesnt help.

I have the same issues with every stock based ROMs ! (Dont forget ,i have LBL !)

Guys ! What can i do ? This is not a normal situation !

I'm not really sure how your phone behaves in term of battery drain.
First are you using Greenify? If not, make sure you do!
Do you have any background process that drains your battery like "Media Server", if yes you can make a shell script which you can execute from the terminal or use init.d script with init.d app. (Both are quite easy, if you need help I can give you some guidance).
Download CPU Spy and check if your phones goes into "Deep Sleep" when you're not using it.
Use Wakelock Detector to see which programs "wakes" your device, how often and for how long.
Share what your battery life is on average and in stand by mode.
Most of the time the phone calculates the remaining time on the average reading for the past few hours or smth like that.

In my case (just giving you an example), I use stock .205 ROM, rooted, stock kernel, Locked Boot Loader.
With Greenify, Media Server script that I exec from the terminal and Stamina mode, I drop like 1% of battery every 6-8 hours when I'm not using my phone (3G, GPS, Wi-Fi on all the time. NFC & bluetooth - off). I mostly charge my phone before I go to bed, and when I wake up it's still at 100%.

Last edited:

akimester

Apr 3, 2014
Budapest
because of my poor english knowledge ,its pretty hard to draw up the things. :)

well ,greenify. i use it ,but i cant greenify system apps/services ,only "playstore" things. (all my apps are stock apps ,bloatwares are freezed with TB)
wakelock detector. nothing(!) keeps my phone awake ! nothing !
according to the OS' battery stats ,i have no awakes ,the display has the highest consumption ,everything else has lower percentage.
cpu spy:its interesting.. once im in deepsleep ,other times NO ! and yes ,i refreshed the stats. but when in deepsleep ,i have the same amount of drain when not in deepsleep !
btw i know what stamina is and how it works.
ok ,please tell me how can i use/create that greenify/media server script thingy. :)

eSu.Matix

Apr 21, 2011
Berlin
because of my poor english knowledge ,its pretty hard to draw up the things. :)

well ,greenify. i use it ,but i cant greenify system apps/services ,only "playstore" things. (all my apps are stock apps ,bloatwares are freezed with TB)
wakelock detector. nothing(!) keeps my phone awake ! nothing !
according to the OS' battery stats ,i have no awakes ,the display has the highest consumption ,everything else has lower percentage.
cpu spy:its interesting.. once im in deepsleep ,other times NO ! and yes ,i refreshed the stats. but when in deepsleep ,i have the same amount of drain when not in deepsleep !
btw i know what stamina is and how it works.
ok ,please tell me how can i use/create that greenify/media server script thingy. :)

Well if you have some battery juice leak, than maybe it's hardware problem as it seems, cause from what I can tell your software behaves perfectly fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For script you just create file called let's say "mediaserver.sh" or whatever you wanna call it as long as it has ".sh" at the end.
You edit it with text editor and paste:

#!/system/bin/sh
killall -9 android.process.media
killall -9 mediaserver

in it.

Place it anywhere in your phone. Let's say SD card.
You go to terminal and type:

su
exec /mnt/sdcard/mediaserver.sh
exit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But in your case you don't have Media Server or any other app eating your battery juice, so if you have poor battery life it's the battery itself.
Best thing you could do it, stress test the battery.

Charge your battery to 100%. Unplug the charger.
Go to dialer and type #*#*4636#*#* → battery information → battery voltage should be around 4150~4200 at full charge. Everything above 4100 is healthy battery.
Go and set your screen brightness at 70-80% and play a game. Your battery will should last at less 3h.
Then charge the battery to 100% again. Check the voltage. Put your phone in stamina mode and see how much your phone will last if you're using it only as a phone, without playing games, internet, etc. See if you can get more than 2 days.

If results are good then I would not worry about anything if I were you.

Last edited: