Help to find original RUU for HTC One X

Search This thread

jfromeo

Aug 7, 2011
Hello all.

A friend of mine has recently asked me for advice about how to RMA his phone due to some serious hardware fault (WiFi network not functioning and lower screen buttons not responding from time to time). It is a second-hand phone, and he has boot unlocked and cyanogenmod installed in it.

I have read that, among the conditions to get a successful RMA from HTC, it is needed to send the phone with the boot locked and an original RUU installed on it.

I have get both the CID and RUU needed through the fastboot command prompt and I would need to find the RUU to match these parameters:

RUU: 3.18.401.1
CID: HTC_203

I can only find either the RUU 3.18.401.1 but for different CIDs, or an older RUU (3.14) matching the area code (401) and CID (HTC_203). I have also read that one cannot flash an older RUU on the phone. Will it brick it?

I have to choose to flash one of this RUUs:

3.18.401.1 CID HTC__032
3.18.401.1 CID HTC__001
3.18.401.1 CID HTC__E11
3.18.401.1 CID HTC__405

Neither of them matches the CID on the phone.

3.14.401.31 CID HTC__203

Or this. This is the newest RUU matching the CID, but is it older than the one originally flashed on the phone.

Could I get any help?

Thanks so much in advance!

PD: Sorry for my English.

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
You can't run a RUU because there's no ruu for 3.18.401.1 base... You will need to restore this backup:

http://d-h.st/hFn

This is for HTC__E11 but it will work if the base is the same! ;)

PS: Take a backup of the current rom or have a rom.zip in your phone so that if anything goes wrong, you can flash that! :D

jfromeo

Aug 7, 2011
You can't run a RUU because there's no ruu for 3.18.401.1 base... You will need to restore this backup:

This is for HTC__E11 but it will work if the base is the same! ;)

PS: Take a backup of the current rom or have a rom.zip in your phone so that if anything goes wrong, you can flash that! :D

Thanks so much for the help! Much appreciated!

I will do it as soon as possible :)

jfromeo

Aug 7, 2011
Thanks so much for the help! Much appreciated!

I will do it as soon as possible :)

So, I have extracted the recovery.img and flashed it with:

"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Then relocked the bootloader with:

"fastboot oem lock"

But when I was going to flash the RUU following the tutorial, I have realised that it is not in exe mode, it is a rar and I cannot "right click -> run as administrator" as the tutorial says.

Is there any way I can flash the original RUU to the phone in fastboot mode? Or an alternative RUU X.XX.401.X in exe format?

Last edited:

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info

"fastboot oem lock"

But when I was going to flash the RUU following the tutorial, I have realised that it is not in exe mode, it is a rar and I cannot "right click -> run as administrator" as the tutorial says.

Is there any way I can flash the original RUU to the phone in fastboot mode? Or an alternative RUU X.XX.401.X in exe format?

That's not a RUU, it's a nandroid backup! :eek:

You need to unlock your bootloader, flash this recovery : https://www.dropbox.com/s/p35p0tqf41jbj8b/recovery.img

Then transfer the all the 'files' to /clockworkmod/backup/04-06-2013/. Copy the boot.img to fastboot folder.

flash the boot.img and then go to recovery and wipe everything and then restore the backup! ;)

robchongke

Jun 5, 2012

"fastboot oem lock"

if you are referring to the one vin4yak gave to you, it is a nandroid backup from another HOX not the RUU. you need to flash it via recovery.

jfromeo

Aug 7, 2011
Oh sorry, thanks for the clarification!

I will try it again as soon as I arrive home.

jfromeo

Aug 7, 2011
Spook HECDur

I have followed the above steps, but now in the bootloader, it appears a message above:

*** RELOCKED ***

And if I try to do anything, it appears a:

*** SECUTIRY WARNING ***

What could I do? I would need to send it as stock to HTC RMA, and I do not know if they could see that RELOCKED text, it could be suspicious...

I flashed the recovery.img, boot.img and restore the backup (now the phone is at stock ROM, but it is in German :S). What annoys me the most is that RELOCKED message at bootloader.

Thanks again!

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
I have followed the above steps, but now in the bootloader, it appears a message above:

*** RELOCKED ***

And if I try to do anything, it appears a:

*** SECUTIRY WARNING ***

What could I do? I would need to send it as stock to HTC RMA, and I do not know if they could see that RELOCKED text, it could be suspicious...

I flashed the recovery.img, boot.img and restore the backup (now the phone is at stock ROM, but it is in German :S). What annoys me the most is that RELOCKED message at bootloader.

Thanks again!

Did you flash the stock recovery before relocking the bootloader?

and what does your bootloader say? endeavoru or evita??

You can not change the ****relocked**** part...

jfromeo

Aug 7, 2011
Did you flash the stock recovery before relocking the bootloader?

and what does your bootloader say? endeavoru or evita??

You can not change the ****relocked**** part...

Oh, maybe not. I flashed the recovery.img from the dropbox link (it seems to be a modded cwm 6.X recovery), but I did not flash any other after restoring the backup.

It says Endeavoru.

May I need to unlock it again using the HTCDev method?

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Oh, maybe not. I flashed the recovery.img from the dropbox link (it seems to be a modded cwm 6.X recovery), but I did not flash any other after restoring the backup.

It says Endeavoru.

No need to do the whole process again... You must have the unlock code bin file right?

Use this to unlock your bootloader : fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin
If you don't have your unlock code file, you will need to again get it from htcdevi...

Download this stock recovery : https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzshnnuz3jdcodv/stock recovery 3.14.img put it in your fastboot folder and then flash the recovery...

Again relock your bootloader... the security warning must go now? Try these steps and report back :)

Reactions: prateek.htc

jfromeo

Aug 7, 2011
No need to do the whole process again... You must have the unlock code bin file right?

If you don't have your unlock code file, you will need to again get it from htcdevi...

Download this stock recovery : https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzshnnuz3jdcodv/stock recovery 3.14.img put it in your fastboot folder and then flash the recovery...

Again relock your bootloader... the security warning must go now? Try these steps and report back :)

Thanks so much again.

I have followed the steps and the security warning is gone!

Unlock bootloader, flash stock recovery, lock bootloader.

But it says again ***RELOCKED***, is it normal? Could the HTC RMA deny it for this reason?

I have already changed the stock ROM to the native language.

So, the phone is right now, with recovery_stock flashed, stock ROM installed, native language, all set to default (factory reset), but bootloader "relocked", which is the only thing that would differ from a not modified one. Could it be a problem?

Thanks so much again!

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Thanks so much again.

But it says again ***RELOCKED***, is it normal? Could the HTC RMA deny it for this reason?

So, the phone is right now, with recovery_stock flashed, stock ROM installed, native language, all set to default (factory reset), but bootloader "relocked", which is the only thing that would differ from a not modified one. Could it be a problem?

Thanks so much again!

Yes, chances are always there of warranty being void with a relocked bootloader!

You have complete stock rom+recovery+bootloader locked... So you have done your best! Send it to HTC and lets hope for the best! :)

Do keep us posted!

Reactions: prateek.htc

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Thanks again.

Could this thread work for getting a LOCKED state instead of a RELOCKED one?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2168578

I will try the warranty claim anyway.

I hope that, given it is a hardware fault (Wifi not working from the second month) , a relocked bootloader has nothing to do.

That is for s-off phones only... There's isn't a way to edit Bootloader for S-on phones!

-Sent from my IceCold One X!

sharath4848

Mar 10, 2014
Help Needed please

version: 0.5a
version-bootloader: 1.36.0000
version-baseband: 5.1204.162.29
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.14.720.24
serialno: HT245W121191
imei: 35918XXX1XXX301
product: endeavoru
platform: HBOOT-T30S
modelid: PJ461XX00
cidnum: HTC__038
battery-status: low
battery-voltage: 2854mV
devpower: 0
partition-layout: None
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: None
hbootpreupdate: 2
gencheckpt: 0

Can Any one suggest me which Ruu should i boot for this device i have tried falsshing
RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_hTC_Asia_India_1.26.720.2_Ra dio_1.1204.90.13_release_251419_signed ---> its showing 140 Boot vershion error please help me ASAP my phone is not booting into os as well please let me know thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It says Endeavoru.

Thanks so much again.

Thanks so much again!

Yes, chances are always there of warranty being void with a relocked bootloader!

You have complete stock rom+recovery+bootloader locked... So you have done your best! Send it to HTC and lets hope for the best! :)

Do keep us posted!