Firewater S-OFF on Sprint HTC One w\hboot 1.56 works

Search This thread

jacklariss

Apr 20, 2014
can you help me?

I can confirm that firewater s-off works perfectly on the later kitkat software for the sprint htc one with hboot 1.56.

I prefered to use a rom with insecure kernel and root, infact I used the ViperOne 3.5 rom, and it worked perfectly on the first try. Its fantastic, that you dont need windows necessarily for this method! :)

hey man think you can help me with my htc one m7¡? the touhscreen is not detected, well in the cwm the touch works only in half screen, is sprint version and have hboot 1.56 with viper rom also cant make the s off i have been tried with rumruner, firewater, revone .... please help me! 
how you got the s off?

Attachments

• htc.jpg
    htc.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 385

matinm90

Aug 12, 2011
hey man think you can help me with my htc one m7¡? the touhscreen is not detected, well in the cwm the touch works only in half screen, is sprint version and have hboot 1.56 with viper rom also cant make the s off i have been tried with rumruner, firewater, revone .... please help me! 
how you got the s off?

Are you running the steps exactly as described on website? specifically the step for reboot. And the chmod step is important too. What error are you getting?

Sun1914

Oct 27, 2007
tried this running ViperOne 5.0.0
and though I can get through all prompts I get no action or screen to accept. I don't think it is requesting su permission.
if some one can post link to a verfied rom used it would be greatly appreciated.

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
tried this running ViperOne 5.0.0
and though I can get through all prompts I get no action or screen to accept. I don't think it is requesting su permission.
if some one can post link to a verfied rom used it would be greatly appreciated.

I used InsertCoin and it worked perfectly, following these instructions. Link to the ROM in my signature. Make sure during the AROMA install, select Sprint as carrier to avoid bricking your device though. I was on HBOOT 1.55 though (and still am). :/

Sun1914

Oct 27, 2007
I used InsertCoin and it worked perfectly, following these instructions. Link to the ROM in my signature. Make sure during the AROMA install, select Sprint as carrier to avoid bricking your device though. I was on HBOOT 1.55 though (and still am). :/

I'm on 1.56 think that's the/an issue?
I tried InsertCoin and same thing; I get through all commands but never a prompt of terms and conditions.

any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad
I'm on 1.56 think that's the/an issue?
I tried InsertCoin and same thing; I get through all commands but never a prompt of terms and conditions.

any help would be appreciated

Idk then.. you can try downgrading hboot, but idk how, and I'm pretty sure you have to have S-OFF to downgrade your hboot as well. Maybe someone else can chime in?

Sun1914

Oct 27, 2007
The thread reads working for 1.56 but i haven't had any luck. Hope some one can chime in here and give me some clues as to what I can try to get firewater to run.

UPDATE!!!!

Not sure what happened but I simply did all the steps again (using stock rom) and it worked. I am now S-OFF....again

Last edited:

breezer260

May 29, 2007
help i want to s off my sprint htc one but firewater dont work im on hboot 1.57

Try this worked perfectly for me the first time.

if you're like me and have hboot 1.57 and cant get the RUU to install, mine would give up after about 5 minutes, this is what i did.

1. Unlock bootloader via fastboot
2. Install TWRP
3. Download any CM (nightly, SS, RC, or stable)
4. Root CM
5. Run firewater

After that you should have S-Off, I can't say it will work 100% of the time and take no liability if it bricks your phone (which it shouldn't). But, it worked for me first time like a champ.

nader92

Dec 11, 2012
can anyone help me out , m trying to gsm unlock my HTC one sprint mobile !
i have
BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED
S-ON
HBOOT-1.55
Radio-1.00.20.0913_3

TWRP recovery installed but NO OS .
i have read somewhere that rumrunner can get s-off for HBOOT-1.55 devices . So far i have tried many custom roms but still no luck with rumrunner . Can anyone tell me with which rom i can get my device S-off ?

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
can anyone help me out , m trying to gsm unlock my HTC one sprint mobile !
i have
BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED
S-ON
HBOOT-1.55
Radio-1.00.20.0913_3

TWRP recovery installed but NO OS .
i have read somewhere that rumrunner can get s-off for HBOOT-1.55 devices . So far i have tried many custom roms but still no luck with rumrunner . Can anyone tell me with which rom i can get my device S-off ?

Rumrunner won't work on new h-boot and firewater is down server side and won't work you'll need to pay 25 for sunshine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can confirm that firewater s-off works perfectly on the later kitkat software for the sprint htc one with hboot 1.56.

I prefered to use a rom with insecure kernel and root, infact I used the ViperOne 3.5 rom, and it worked perfectly on the first try. Its fantastic, that you dont need windows necessarily for this method! :)
    Maybe the space after firewater is causing the issue?
    Maybe the space after firewater is causing the issue?

nope there is supposed to be a space there http://firewater-soff.com/instructions/
    Does it work with temproot, without htcdev? That would be awsome

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sadly I can confirm the temproot method does not work with the htc one, so you must be unlocked and rooted in order to use this method.

This is the error I got every single time I attempted to run temproot:

shell@m7wls:/data/local/tmp $ ./temproot

run_root_shell, thanks fi01 - https://github.com/android-rooting-tools/android_run_root_shell

[*] Attempting to acquire root. This will take 5-10 minutes, be patient
    error in setsockopt().
    Failed to get prepare_kernel_cred address.
    Failed to get commit_creds address.
    Failed to get ptmx_fops address.
    Failed to setup variables.

So that would imply the htc one doesnt work with the temproot method. sadly.
    Firewater worked on 4.4.2 with hboot 1.56

I tried Rumrunner with no succsess. Used several different Roms. Tried with unsecured kernels. Odexed and Deodexed.
    I was about to give up. I saw several folks had used Firewater with good results.

1) I HTC Dev unlocked
    2) Used the Android Revolution HD Rom.
    3) Updated to SuperSu 1.94 (1.93 was giving me a weird boot loop)
    4) Debugging engaged, Fastboot disengaged.
    5) No sync software from HTC or anyone else on the PC.
    6) Dropped the firewater folder in with the adb
    7) Ran exactly as directed. I did get a root type request. So I answered SU.
    8) One bottle of firewater was chugged. Stated as good and hot.
    9) S-off achieved in about 4 minutes or less

Now, I cannot tell you if I needed the unsecured kernel for Firewater. But, to get anyplace close with Rumrunner it was needed.
    Rumrunner went through a bunch of bottles then told me to reboot, rerun Rumrunner, and pray.

Now, I can complete my original task from 6 weeks ago. I want to go back to 4.3. Some things I am using do not work well with
    4.4. Photo Vault. Mighty Text, Emoticons vs the suck-ass emoji, and so forth. I will thank the devolopers with a bottle of firewater
    later today.

J.B.