Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA Update Captured

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ashishgamer

Jan 1, 2013
new delhi
Found this useful OTA Update for First Generation Android One Devices . This OTA was captured from Micromax Android One Device.
Download and Install Instructions can be found here :MOD EDIT Link removed, please no promoting things that require follow or like things.. redirect traffic.
Flashable zip for all Android One Devices is added up in the same link! This is for First Generation Android One Devices!

Last edited by a moderator:

naturist

Dec 7, 2010
Last edited:

vickdu31

May 5, 2012
Wow ! I as about to try to port CM12.1 from sprout to a random MTK device and I see this...
Hope its the same boot image than lollipop :) I come back soon....

Edit : These are just "patch" files... So I will wait a full "stock" 6.0 version for Sprout because If I want to try this, I need to first port the whole stock rom and apply these patches and it wont work because its signed. So it needs too much time.
I'll wait for a full .zip, if it's a CWM version it's even better but if not, i'll find a way....
Once I make this, I can post a tutorial on how to port it to any MT6582 device. But for now, I go back to my CM12.1 attempt.

Last edited:

psiknight99

Oct 6, 2015
Can this be flashed on an unlocked bootloader with Philz recovery? Also if it can, do I need to wipe data, system and cache?

Last edited:

shaikh adeel

Mar 15, 2015
mumbai
Is this official ota for mmx canvas A1?
I cant recive any update from system update
I am on full stock with stock recovery and bootloader locked
And build number is lmy48m

Reactions: shyam pandey

psiknight99

Oct 6, 2015
Updates on Installing on Unlocked Bootloader with Custom recovery

I downloaded the OTA above for my phone model (Karbonn Sparkle V) . I had unlocked bootloader for my previous CM 12.1 ROM. So the procedure is simple, I rebooted to recovery (PhilZ Touch) and then formatted data, system and cache. I then proceeded to install the zip file which automatically installed the boot and system.
Now I'm running a fresh 6.0 Marshmallow build while still retaining my unlocked bootloader. All things are running fine. Now I'm going to setup my SD card as an internal memory, before which I need to reformat it as I had partitioned it to run Link2SD.
All the best lads!

Edit 1: Use Custom Recovery option, uncheck the recovery checkbox. Do not the install from zip option directly, I lost my custom recovery that way. Re-installing recovery now.
Edit 2: I advise doing it the plain old, lock your bootloader, flash boring stock rom way or the phone will cause issue with the internal memory.

Last edited:
Reactions: hp5942 and M4NUC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts