[Q] Nexus 5 wallpaper resolution?

Search This thread

Ryjabo

Jun 16, 2010
Chicago
What is the resolution for the N5's viewable screen area? I want to make some custom wallpapers but I'm trying to find the best wallpaper resolution for them... the portrait size.

Thanks!

Stealyourface

Oct 19, 2007
VA Beach
I'm not sure if the stock launcher lets you set static wallpapers though. If you're trying to fit it in that cross, you're going to have to make it bigger than 1080x1920. Sure you can find a template somewhere. Or use a different launcher.

Reactions: PhilipTD

fooboo

Feb 26, 2014
What is the resolution for the N5's viewable screen area? I want to make some custom wallpapers but I'm trying to find the best wallpaper resolution for them... the portrait size.

Still have no N5, but I might tell you about another android device I have.
I made double width size wallpaper and it asked to trim it. So far, so good.
To make jpg I used imagemagic remotelly with something like:
convert -size 2160x1920 xc:"#color" background.jpg
If this method fails, you could always try again. :)
Best regards.

kirrun

Dec 25, 2008
St. Petersburg
kir.elagin.me
I just run a bunch of tests on my Nexus 5x (the screen size is the same as Nexus 5) using an image with a grid and I thought I should write down my findings here.

I have icons on two screens, so it is asymmetric: I have my main screen and a screen on the right, there is no screen on the left. The image has to be a little larger so that it scrolls nicely. The thing is that my phone shows _the middle_ of the image on the main screen. So the main screen is 1920×1080, when I scroll right 60 more pixels on the right become visible. Since there is nowhere to scroll left, 60 leftmost pixels of the image are never visible.

To sum up: one needs a 1920×1200 image (1200 = 60 + 1080 + 60). Leftmost 60 pixels are never visible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure if the stock launcher lets you set static wallpapers though. If you're trying to fit it in that cross, you're going to have to make it bigger than 1080x1920. Sure you can find a template somewhere. Or use a different launcher.