Micromax A57 - All Things Thread

Search This thread
Sep 19, 2012
Kolkata
technosphere.tk
This thread is for sharing stuffs for Micromax Ninja 3 A57 like Custom ROMs, Recovery, Kernels, etc.

Warning: These stuffs are not for newbies. Rooting and installing custom ROMs,etc are not for everyone. Rooting your phone will void your warranty. There are risks like bricking your phone and making it useless. Proceed at your own risk. You and only you are responsible for anything you do to your phone. With that said, lets proceed..

Micromax A57 Clone: Coolpad A7019

Driver Installation:

1. Download the drivers from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?eqvpdk6d2e1u4ne
  2. Extract it to your desktop (or any other place, it doesn't matter)
  3. Download and install Android SDK from here if not already done and install Android SDK Platform Tools and Google USB Drivers
  4. Download UnlockRoot from here :http://www.unlockroot.com/
  5. Download the given attachment. Extract adb_usb.ini from it and place it in C:\Users\(your username)\.android . Create the folder if not found.
  6. Now enable USB Debugging in your phone through Settings->Applications->Development
  7. Connect your phone and PC through USB
  8. Go to Device Manager and right click on Micromax A57.
  9. Right click on it and go to properties.
  10. Go to drivers tab and click update driver
  11. Click on Browse my computer for driver software and then navigate to the folder containing the downloaded drivers.
  12. Make sure "Include subfolders" is ticked
  13. It will search and install drivers

Rooting Guide:

1. First install drivers
  2. Install and open UnlockRoot.
  3. Click on root and then choose your device name
  4. It will begin rooting and your phone will restart
  5. Congratulations, your Micromax A57 is now rooted

To boot into recovery mode, switch off your phone. Press and hold vol+ and power key.
To boot into fastboot mode, switch off your phone. Press and hold vol- and power key.

Here are the Rom dumps of this phone for developers:
  1. boot.img
  2. checksum.md5
  3. config.gz
  4. recovery.img
  5. system.info.gz
  6. system.tar

Attachments

• adb_usb.zip
    201 bytes · Views: 3,303
Last edited:

gadkari

Jul 31, 2012
karjat
micromax A57 rooting

This thread is for sharing stuffs for Micromax Ninja 3 A57 like Custom ROMs, Recovery, Kernels, etc.

Warning: These stuffs are not for newbies. Rooting and installing custom ROMs,etc are not for everyone. Rooting your phone will void your warranty. There are risks like bricking your phone and making it useless. Proceed at your own risk. You and only you are responsible for anything you do to your phone. With that said, lets proceed..

Driver Installation:

3. Download and install Android SDK from here if not already done and install Android SDK Platform Tools and Google USB Drivers
  5. Download the given attachment. Extract adb_usb.ini from it and place it in C:\Users\(your username)\.android . Create the folder if not found.
  6. Now enable USB Debugging in your phone through Settings->Applications->Development
  11. Click on Browse my computer for driver software and then navigate to the folder containing the downloaded drivers.

Rooting Guide:

1. First install drivers

To boot into recovery mode, switch off your phone. Press and hold vol+ and power key.
To boot into fastboot mode, switch off your phone. Press and hold vol- and power key.

1. boot.img
  2. checksum.md5
  3. config.gz
  4. recovery.img
  5. system.info.gz
  6. system.tar

Thanks for providing rooting procedure with stuff.I successfully rooted my A57 in first attempt. Now expecting CWM RECOVERY for A57.THANKS AGAIN,GREAT WORK!!!

anshubham

Mar 24, 2012
hey dude..micromax a56 is the clone of coolpad a7019. see this.
http://s8.taobao.com/search?spm=a23...l&m=parm&cat=1512&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=

Micromax A57 has 1ghz processor rather tha 800mhz so it can't be the clone of coolpad a7019 cuz it has 800mhz processor.

What name do you get when you connect your device to pc in fastboot mode.(fastboot devices)>>> it will be the clone of your device.
I got the name of coolpad a7019 when i connected my device in fastboot mode to pc.

AkashAlien

Sep 22, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Hello dude i rooted and increased ram using swapper from anshubham's tutorial,i can play temple run n all, but i failed to install any of the asphalt versions from blackmart it said phone does not support but i heard many guys playing asphalt6 on a57,saw on youtube too,can u guys pls get me the link or way to install it pls

Sent from my calculator using Ginger Garlic paste

anshubham

Mar 24, 2012
download it from other source over internet with sdcard files

Sent from my A56 using xda premium

AkashAlien

Sep 22, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
hey dude..micromax a56 is the clone of coolpad a7019. see this.
http://s8.taobao.com/search?spm=a23...l&m=parm&cat=1512&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=&pm_id=

Micromax A57 has 1ghz processor rather tha 800mhz so it can't be the clone of coolpad a7019 cuz it has 800mhz processor.

What name do you get when you connect your device to pc in fastboot mode.(fastboot devices)>>> it will be the clone of your device.
I got the name of coolpad a7019 when i connected my device in fastboot mode to pc.
I remember in shaktimaan dr.jackall made clone of geetha vishwas, thanx for ur info

Sent from my calculator using Ginger Garlic paste

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
Can anyone help me to get root on A87? I am facing an unique problem regarding android composite driver? If intereste pm me.

Reactions: psychopac

azhar2k7

Oct 16, 2009
Please help me unable to root Micromax ninja a 57

I tried all u said but unable to root my micromax ninja a57.
Unlock Root says no device detected. I hv installed a57 drivers, adb devices shown in device manager, usb.ini has been copied in the specified folder. But in fast boot mode my device is shown as coolpad a1709 . Do i hv to download the drivers of this device.

Sep 19, 2012
Kolkata
technosphere.tk
Unlock Root says no device detected. I hv installed a57 drivers, adb devices shown in device manager, usb.ini has been copied in the specified folder. But in fast boot mode my device is shown as coolpad a1709 . Do i hv to download the drivers of this device.

Have you enabled USB Debugging in Settings>Applications>Development ?

Reactions: priyank1011
Nov 12, 2012
Device Bricked !! Flashed Stock ROM of Micromax Ninja A87 on Micromax Ninja 3 A57

Flashed Stock ROM of Micromax Ninja A87 on Micromax Ninja 3 A57

Well When I changed Folder Properties of '/phone/system' Folder as RW-R-R using SE File Manager my MMX A57 got crashed after Reboot.
It directly lead me to Recovery Interface on reboot.
I used Wipe user data/Factory Reset.
Data wiped successful but cant lead me to Factory Reset option.

I thought of Flashing Custom ROM of A57 but
but ihave mistaken and flashed A87 Custom ROM and all it end up into Crash/SoftBrick.
No what I can see on my screen is as below...(splash Bluish screen with particle like blinking)

Please help me out to restore my Micromax Ninja3 A57.
It was Rooted. SU/Busybox/Link2SD/Titenium Bckup/SE File manager Installed with Root Access.
Was in USB debugging Mode (ADB not working)

Issue Solved: (My friend had this Issue: Got Million 'Thanx' in person !!!):highfive::cool::highfive:
Used Fastboot erase options-->Flashed Stock Recovery & Other partitions but failed at 'system' mount using fastboot-->Reased all partitions except Recovery-->Assumptions Worked--->Flashed using Recovery Boot-->Nothing on screen-->one time Vol- and then 2 times Power button (that allowed flashing Stock ROM from SD card)-->Hurrrah !!! Done !!!

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2012
@azhar2k7: First u understand problem-->you get solution.
The only problem is enabling your PC to communicate with your Android. If you using Windows XP you have to place adb.usb.ini file (choose the right one-as it has got modified as per need of various devices as well. You can find d Specific attached here)

1. Install Drivers for Micromax A57 (I guess you already had on your PC).
Check 'Android Composite ADB Interface' must be listed under Androd Devices in your Device Manager, while connected in USB debugging mode.
2. Download the attached Android ADB USB driver. Put the 'adb.usb.ini' into your Android-SDK directory i.e. in platform-tools (folder) where you must find 'adb'.exe and 'fastboot'.exe as well.)
3. Place the same adb.usb.ini in .Android folder in Documents and Settings in C:\
4. Now (Must) Reboot your PC
5. Now connect Device using USB cable in 'USB Debugging-Enabled' Mode and let all the drivers load. Confirm 'Android Composite ADB Interface' now be listed under Androd Devices in your Device Manager. Done.
6. Now open Command Prompt using run cmd (follow below example)

Now as if your SDK directory is: C:\Android-Sdk/Android/platform-tools

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\XperiaTipoDual>Cd Android-Sdk/Android/platform-tools (HIT ENTER)

C:\Android-SDK\sdk\platform-tools>
C:\Android-SDK\sdk\platform-tools>adb devices (HIT ENTER)
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached
Micromax-A57 device

C:\Android-SDK\sdk\platform-tools>exit

Now your are done with your preparation.

1. To Root A57 Install & Run Unlockroot
2. Click ROOT
3. If will say Your phone is already rooted-IGNORE and click YES
4. Process will complete and your MMX A57 is now a Rooted device.

Attachments

• Adb-Usb.zip
    278.2 KB · Views: 845
  • unlockroot23.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 552
Last edited:

akash akya

May 14, 2012
Bangalore
trickytipss.blogspot.in
ICS theme for a57

Hii,
I'm da devp'r of MicroFire Rom series for mmx a60...... (more than 3000 downloads....!!!! which is huge for this device... :))
I'm interested in A57 also, to extend ma developments.....
does A57 has CWM ????
if yes, i'll try for rom,mods many things in future.....
Cool ICS Themes for now......... check these screenshots....
I also need one tester for theme..... (i dont have this device).....
A57 guys, im waiting for +ve replay from ur side..............

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Driver Installation:

Rooting Guide:

1. First install drivers

1. boot.img
    2. checksum.md5
    3. config.gz
    4. recovery.img
    5. system.info.gz
    6. system.tar
    Can anyone help me to get root on A87? I am facing an unique problem regarding android composite driver? If intereste pm me.

Have you enabled USB Debugging in Settings>Applications>Development ?
    Easy way to FLASH CWM RECOVERY in just 5 minute
    Downlaod CWM: A57recovery.img : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073337
    Download Recovery Manager : pm me for link

1. Copy A57recovery.img in SD card root,

2. Now install the recovery manager.apk normally

3. Now open the recovery manager app you recently installed.

4. Click on recovery in app menu.

5. There click on install recovery

6. Then click on the recovery image name of ‘A57recovery.img’

7. Let the app install the recovery. after it done a message will show.

current recovery : unrecognized…. just ignore it.

That’s all now you have installed your recovery :)

please press thanks if it helps