[APP] [+3.0] Wifi Scheduler

• Thread starter Deleted member 267841
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 267841

This thread is the continuation of this other: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2734122, that I've closed due the app has totally renewed and the working algorithm has been totally updated.

INTRODUCTION

The Wifi consumes a lot of battery, this is a really, and the main consumption occurs while the system is looking for a network to connect (which happens when we are not connected to a wifi network).

This app attempts to minimize the battery consumption, and does so in a very simple way: turning off the wifi, which translates into a real battery saver.

So, when it detects that the device has been disconnected from a wireless network, and after waiting a reasonable time (configurable), the hardware wifi going to off.

In order to set wifi state the app monitorizes the cell tower in which your device is connected and classifies it statistically the possibility of establishing a wifi connection, enabling or disabling the wifi attending to this possibility.

The app classifies the cell towers in four colors: green, yellow, red and black.

A green cell tower is a tower in which range exists a wifi network at which you have connected recently.

A yellow cell tower is a tower in which range do not exists a wifi network in which you have connected recently, but you have entered in their range rarely.

A red cell tower is a yellow tower visited some times or a green cell at which you have connected some times without establish a wifi connection.

A black cell tower is a red tower visited often.

The app updates the cell tower color at runtime when you enter/exit from a cell tower.

The application also allows you to add notifications in the status bar, view the history of connections (PRO version), auto disable while airplane mode active, etc.

DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.wirelessmanager

XDA GIFT

People from XDA can use the app PRO features without pay via a PROMO code (this PROMO code allows to access all PRO features but shows Ads).
In order to redeem it do this:

1) Enter app
2) Open app settings
3) Go the page down and click (7 times) in the last preference (the preference that shows the app version) [the key only works for version 1.2.16 and higher]
4) In the dialog enter the key above (none of your accounts are shared or sent to our servers)
5) Press "accept" button

Code:
Code:
dYjVJoq6WBdVE5/GMbHH9RCOquNbFC6sbfAxvECOi0x5SQg2TLXgZi2n63t5sqT8P7AWYT5g1984lyrtwuIQHx1zvgwazm6Z3QKqFqMZSkL/LbbNqJbvkxXNmwk20tRSh8vgWkT1dfiJ3SgyF4qn3GkpWrg8sM1zTOX6LJ0CMw0=

If you use the key provided above, please consider to click in the Ads sometimes or buy the PRO version (via In App purchase) in order to access to some future functionalities (and remove annoying Ads).

Attachments

• qrcode.png
    qrcode.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 30,879
  • 1.png
    1.png
    133 KB · Views: 5,190
  • 2.png
    2.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 4,853
  • 3.png
    3.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 4,809
  • 4.png
    4.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 4,407
  • 5.png
    5.png
    181.1 KB · Views: 4,260
  • 6.png
    6.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 4,082
  • icon.png
    icon.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,869
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 267841

GENERAL INFO

INTRODUCTION

Wifi hardware is responsible for much of the battery consumed by modern smartphones.

When wifi is on and there are no active connections, system periodically scans the spectrum looking for a network to connect, which increases consumption.

With this application you can stop worrying about whether you have activated wifi when get home or office or if you have deactivated it when leave off, as the application itself will do it for you.

Some applications allows you to enable or disable wifi depending on your GPS location, it consumes more resources than the wifi itself.

This app, however, uses telephone network to establish its position, which becomes a real and perceptible consumption savings.

CELL TYPES

When your device connects to a phone cell, it search in the app databases for previous connections to the same cell, and assigns a color depending on it.

A cell can pass (dinamically) by the following colors:

NEW

The first time that you connect to a cell.

When you enter in a new cell the app enables the wifi hardware (you can set the time until the activation) and disables after a while (you can also set this time) if no connection established.

GREEN

A wifi connection has been established in the past while your device was connected to the cell.

When you enter in a new cell the app enables the wifi hardware (you can set the time until the activation) and disables after a while (you can also set this time) if no connection established.

YELLOW

A wifi connection has not been established in the past while your device was connected to the cell.

RED

When is not possible to connect to a wifi network repeatedly (configurable number of times) in a green or yellow cell, it becomes red.

When you enter in a new cell the app disables the wifi hardware (you can configure the time until the deactivation).

BLACK

A black cell is a red cell visited often (you can set the number of visits that are needed to convert a red cell into a black cell).

When you enter in a new cell the app disables the wifi hardware (you can configure the time until the deactivation).

HOW IT WORKS

Depending of the current cell type, app enables or disables the wifi hardware, in order to accept connections or save battery.

You can configure the wifi hardware activation time (after which wifi is disabled) and also the wifi reactivation time (if it is a long time in a cell the app restarts the wifi activation cycle).

TRANSITIONS

A new cell becomes yellow or green depending if is abandoned before a wifi connection was established or not.

A green or yellow cells that is visited often without establish a wifi connection becomes red.

A red cell that is visited several times without establish a wifi connection becomes black.

If wifi connection is established in a red or black cell, it turns green.

ADDITIONAL INFO

If device stablish a connection with a cell and wifi is not enabled for a minimum time (configurable) before leave it, the cell will not be considered.

FORCE WIFI ON / OFF

You can configure app to automatically pause background service when you disable manually the wifi, by example by enter in wifi settings then setting off the correspondent switch.

In this case, the background service doesn't really stops and continues to scanning for cells (and converts not green cells into green cells if a wifi connection is established), but the app doesn't manages the wifi state.

In addition, you can configure app to automatically restart background service scheduler when you manually set wifi on.

OTHER SETTINGS

You can configure several items related to cell or wifi events.

Also you can add a notification to the status bar and view the connections history.

D

Deleted member 267841

FAQ

Is the app using GPS hardware?

No and yes...

Stock app is not using GPS hardware at all (in fact GPS access permision is not required).

Geolocalization module, not installed by default, allows users to geolocalize cells and uses GPS in order to show your position.

Is the app sharing the identifiers of the cells or wifi networks at which I connect?

No and yes...

Stock app is not sharing your position or the cells in which you are connected at all.

Geolocalization module, not installed by default, uses the API provided by OpenCellID.

OpenCellID is the world's largest collaborative community project that collects GPS positions of cell tower.

When we read the OpenCellID database we need to send (anonymously) the identifier of the current cell and your GPS position, in order to contribute with the project.

If you install the geolocalization module you will receive a confirmation dialog before share your data the first time.

What does the red number next to some cells in the main view?

There are the number of times that you have connected with this cell and cannot connect with a wifi network.

When the number reaches the maximum number of connection errors (that is configurable for PRO version), the cell will become red.

What does the blue bar that appears sometimes at left to a cell in the main view?

The blue bar located at the left of a cell in the main view identifies the cell at which you are connected, and is only show when you are connected to a wifi network.

I have configured a new wifi network in my device, but app says that the near cells are red or black and will not turn on the wifi.

If the app marks a cell as red (or black) is because it has not been possible to establish a wifi connection there.

You can force the connection activating the wifi manually.

App will detect the connection and automatically turn on the wifi on these occasions.

Wifi is automatically set to on when I enter in a green cell, even if phone is in airplane mode.

You can configure app to do not manage wifi settings if airplane mode is active.

My phone is not rooted. I can use this app?

Yes

Why are root permissions used?

If provided, root permissions are used to set the <I>supplicant scan interval</I>, that is a system parameter and cannot be modified by normal users.

When wifi is on, system searches for networks from time to time, and that time is specified by the <I>supplicant scan interval</I> parameter.

The app need many permissions. Why?

The permissions we use are needed for:

Get accounts: To validate the PRO key.

Internet: To show Ads (only in free version).

Get and set network and wifi states: To set wifi and mobile data state (is the main goal of the app).

Read and write sdcard: To backup and restore backups.

Receive boot completed: To start the app in boot time, if configured.

Superuser: To update supplicant scan interval if configured.

D

Deleted member 267841

ADDITIONAL MODULES

GEOLOCALIZATION (optional)

It allows to geolocalize cells.

Geolocalization is based in the OpenCellID Project, that provides geolocalization for cell towers.
In some cases the geolocalization is not accurate, due that it depends from the measures provided by the users.

Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.wirelessmanager.geolocalization

RANKING (optional)

It allows to use the app like a game.
The goal of the app is to discover cell towers (achievements) and to visit know cell towers (leaderboard).

Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.wirelessmanager.game

shaggydiamond

Nov 22, 2009
area 51
very nice app, good design and very user friendly.:good:

One problem, if you see the list of wifi related events. The time durations are shown in minutes, but when you click each setting it changes to seconds.

Not sure if what I'm saying makes sense, but have a look.

Last edited:

exadeci

Jul 21, 2010
Sydney
The idea and the app are really nice but the color system is a pain to remember an idea would be, while keeping colors on squares:
Green > Known wifi zone
Yellow > Possible wifi zone
Red > Wifi connection issue
Black > No wifi zone

Personally I would like to be able to configure it so I have only 2 zones ON (Green) OFF (Any other zone)

Last edited:

NexusGTS

Dec 23, 2012
Bucharest
It says that the code is not valid

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Ditchmond

Sep 7, 2009
Thank you! Great app. Tried the promo code but doesn't seem to be working

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

shaggydiamond

Nov 22, 2009
area 51
How to use the promo code ? Where to click ?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you! Great app. Tried the promo code but doesn't seem to be working

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

People from XDA can use the app PRO features without pay via a PROMO code (this PROMO code allows to access all PRO features but shows Ads).

1) Enter app
2) Open app settings
3) Go the page down and click (7 times) in the last preference (the preference that shows the app version) [the key only works for version 1.2.16 and higher]
4) In the dialog enter the key above (none of your accounts are shared or sent to our servers)
5) Press "accept" button

Code:
dYjVJoq6WBdVE5/GMbHH9RCOquNbFC6sbfAxvECOi0x5SQg2TLXgZi2n63t5sqT8P7AWYT5g1984lyrtwuIQHx1zvgwazm6Z3QKqFqMZSkL/LbbNqJbvkxXNmwk20tRSh8vgWkT1dfiJ3SgyF4qn3GkpWrg8sM1zTOX6LJ0CMw0=

^^^^Copy this link and paste in the app ^^^^^^^

worked for me

Last edited:

narjo

Jun 1, 2014
Hello,

I am using an android device (HTC Desire X) without sim-card, so I have no phone network. With the previous versions of your app I could manage the wifi of this device just fine. With the new version, it seems that the app no longer manages the wifi since there is no cell tower to connect to.

Is there any way to get this working?

thanks in advance :)

carols

Dec 30, 2010
No if you are in the previous market version.
If you are in a 2.0 beta version you probably need to remove app data after install new version (or uninstall)

i just installed this on my galaxy note 3 and it locked my phone i had to remove the battery and restart my phone.

D

Deleted member 267841

Sorry for the grammar issues. I'm not English.
The app needs to learn about you for some days. After that, I think you can save some battery :)

New version requires phone capabilities.
I post previous version here, for those that are using in a no phone device.

Hello,

I am using an android device (HTC Desire X) without sim-card, so I have no phone network. With the previous versions of your app I could manage the wifi of this device just fine. With the new version, it seems that the app no longer manages the wifi since there is no cell tower to connect to.

Is there any way to get this working?

thanks in advance :)

Nice app. Price is very reasonable. There are some grammar issues in the intro. Other than that I hope it will bring some more juice to my phone.

Attachments

• WirelessManager-1.4.33-for-non-phone-devices.apk
    910 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: DarkAngel and narjo
D

Deleted member 267841

very nice app, good design and very user friendly.:good:

One problem, if you see the list of wifi related events. The time durations are shown in minutes, but when you click each setting it changes to seconds.

Not sure if what I'm saying makes sense, but have a look.

Just updated in the Play Store.
Really not a work bug, only a typo when printing value duration :)
Thanks for the report!

carols

Dec 30, 2010
I doubt it's the fault of the app

so my phone was working perfectly well before i installed this app then my phone locked and i could
not do anything with it so i had to remove the battery and restart my phone.It is not rocket science
to work out that it must be your app as i never had the problem before i installed it.

D

Deleted member 267841

so my phone was working perfectly well before i installed this app then my phone locked and i could
not do anything with it so i had to remove the battery and restart my phone.It is not rocket science
to work out that it must be your app as i never had the problem before i installed it.

the most probable is a casual issue.

if not, we have probably discovered a bug of android that allows to lock phones without get security permissions or anything relevant and i need to write google in order to receive my 10.000 USD gift :LOL:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    This thread is the continuation of this other: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2734122, that I've closed due the app has totally renewed and the working algorithm has been totally updated.

INTRODUCTION

The Wifi consumes a lot of battery, this is a really, and the main consumption occurs while the system is looking for a network to connect (which happens when we are not connected to a wifi network).

This app attempts to minimize the battery consumption, and does so in a very simple way: turning off the wifi, which translates into a real battery saver.

So, when it detects that the device has been disconnected from a wireless network, and after waiting a reasonable time (configurable), the hardware wifi going to off.

In order to set wifi state the app monitorizes the cell tower in which your device is connected and classifies it statistically the possibility of establishing a wifi connection, enabling or disabling the wifi attending to this possibility.

The app classifies the cell towers in four colors: green, yellow, red and black.

A green cell tower is a tower in which range exists a wifi network at which you have connected recently.

A yellow cell tower is a tower in which range do not exists a wifi network in which you have connected recently, but you have entered in their range rarely.

A red cell tower is a yellow tower visited some times or a green cell at which you have connected some times without establish a wifi connection.

A black cell tower is a red tower visited often.

The app updates the cell tower color at runtime when you enter/exit from a cell tower.

The application also allows you to add notifications in the status bar, view the history of connections (PRO version), auto disable while airplane mode active, etc.

DOWNLOAD

attachment.php

Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.wirelessmanager

XDA GIFT

1) Enter app
    2) Open app settings
    5) Press "accept" button

Code:
    Code:

If you use the key provided above, please consider to click in the Ads sometimes or buy the PRO version (via In App purchase) in order to access to some future functionalities (and remove annoying Ads).
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    GENERAL INFO

INTRODUCTION

Wifi hardware is responsible for much of the battery consumed by modern smartphones.

When wifi is on and there are no active connections, system periodically scans the spectrum looking for a network to connect, which increases consumption.

With this application you can stop worrying about whether you have activated wifi when get home or office or if you have deactivated it when leave off, as the application itself will do it for you.

Some applications allows you to enable or disable wifi depending on your GPS location, it consumes more resources than the wifi itself.

This app, however, uses telephone network to establish its position, which becomes a real and perceptible consumption savings.

CELL TYPES

When your device connects to a phone cell, it search in the app databases for previous connections to the same cell, and assigns a color depending on it.

A cell can pass (dinamically) by the following colors:

NEW

The first time that you connect to a cell.

GREEN

A wifi connection has been established in the past while your device was connected to the cell.

YELLOW

A wifi connection has not been established in the past while your device was connected to the cell.

RED

When is not possible to connect to a wifi network repeatedly (configurable number of times) in a green or yellow cell, it becomes red.

BLACK

A black cell is a red cell visited often (you can set the number of visits that are needed to convert a red cell into a black cell).

HOW IT WORKS

Depending of the current cell type, app enables or disables the wifi hardware, in order to accept connections or save battery.

You can configure the wifi hardware activation time (after which wifi is disabled) and also the wifi reactivation time (if it is a long time in a cell the app restarts the wifi activation cycle).

TRANSITIONS

A new cell becomes yellow or green depending if is abandoned before a wifi connection was established or not.

A green or yellow cells that is visited often without establish a wifi connection becomes red.

A red cell that is visited several times without establish a wifi connection becomes black.

If wifi connection is established in a red or black cell, it turns green.

ADDITIONAL INFO

If device stablish a connection with a cell and wifi is not enabled for a minimum time (configurable) before leave it, the cell will not be considered.

FORCE WIFI ON / OFF

You can configure app to automatically pause background service when you disable manually the wifi, by example by enter in wifi settings then setting off the correspondent switch.

In this case, the background service doesn't really stops and continues to scanning for cells (and converts not green cells into green cells if a wifi connection is established), but the app doesn't manages the wifi state.

In addition, you can configure app to automatically restart background service scheduler when you manually set wifi on.

OTHER SETTINGS

You can configure several items related to cell or wifi events.

Also you can add a notification to the status bar and view the connections history.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    FAQ

Is the app using GPS hardware?

No and yes...

Stock app is not using GPS hardware at all (in fact GPS access permision is not required).

Geolocalization module, not installed by default, allows users to geolocalize cells and uses GPS in order to show your position.

Is the app sharing the identifiers of the cells or wifi networks at which I connect?

No and yes...

Stock app is not sharing your position or the cells in which you are connected at all.

Geolocalization module, not installed by default, uses the API provided by OpenCellID.

OpenCellID is the world's largest collaborative community project that collects GPS positions of cell tower.

When we read the OpenCellID database we need to send (anonymously) the identifier of the current cell and your GPS position, in order to contribute with the project.

If you install the geolocalization module you will receive a confirmation dialog before share your data the first time.

What does the red number next to some cells in the main view?

There are the number of times that you have connected with this cell and cannot connect with a wifi network.

When the number reaches the maximum number of connection errors (that is configurable for PRO version), the cell will become red.

What does the blue bar that appears sometimes at left to a cell in the main view?

The blue bar located at the left of a cell in the main view identifies the cell at which you are connected, and is only show when you are connected to a wifi network.

I have configured a new wifi network in my device, but app says that the near cells are red or black and will not turn on the wifi.

If the app marks a cell as red (or black) is because it has not been possible to establish a wifi connection there.

You can force the connection activating the wifi manually.

App will detect the connection and automatically turn on the wifi on these occasions.

Wifi is automatically set to on when I enter in a green cell, even if phone is in airplane mode.

You can configure app to do not manage wifi settings if airplane mode is active.

My phone is not rooted. I can use this app?

Yes

Why are root permissions used?

If provided, root permissions are used to set the <I>supplicant scan interval</I>, that is a system parameter and cannot be modified by normal users.

When wifi is on, system searches for networks from time to time, and that time is specified by the <I>supplicant scan interval</I> parameter.

The app need many permissions. Why?

The permissions we use are needed for:

Get accounts: To validate the PRO key.

Internet: To show Ads (only in free version).

Get and set network and wifi states: To set wifi and mobile data state (is the main goal of the app).

Read and write sdcard: To backup and restore backups.

Receive boot completed: To start the app in boot time, if configured.

Superuser: To update supplicant scan interval if configured.
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    ADDITIONAL MODULES

GEOLOCALIZATION (optional)

It allows to geolocalize cells.

Geolocalization is based in the OpenCellID Project, that provides geolocalization for cell towers.
    In some cases the geolocalization is not accurate, due that it depends from the measures provided by the users.

Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.wirelessmanager.geolocalization

RANKING (optional)

It allows to use the app like a game.
    The goal of the app is to discover cell towers (achievements) and to visit know cell towers (leaderboard).

Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.wirelessmanager.game
    D
    Deleted member 267841
    man, that would drive me crazy! good luck with it.
    In the meantime - some issues I have been experiencing...

When in a green cell area my phone does not activate the wifi unless my screen is "awake" - despite my wifi setting being set to "Always On" when asleep. I wish there was more history in the "Connections History" to say that a connection to wifi was attempted at XX O Clock but failed for whatever reason, or if none was made...

PC is here and configured...
    I restart working on this app :)