[HBOOT] Engineering Bootloader For Extended Fastboot Commands

Search This thread

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
Now that S-OFF is available we can use the eng bootloader to get extra fastboot commands. If you set S-ON for whatever reason you must flash a SHIP bootloader first or you will brick your phone. If you aren't sure if you need this or not odds are you probably don't, it can be extremely useful but it assumes you know what you are doing so it is much easier to brick your phone with it.

To flash either rename to PG86IMG, place on your sd card and then reboot to the bootloader; or you can use 'fastboot oem rebootRUU' followed by 'fastboot flash zip PG86IMG_eng-hboot.zip'. A list of the available commands can be found here.

hBoot 1.04.2000, mirror - MD5: 3348C361FED927DABB853E49744BD7F2

If you would like to go back to the SHIP one you can download it here. The process to flash it is the same except over USB you can do it straight from fastboot without RUU mode.
PG86IMG_1.40-hboot - MD5: 1B994699EA226390B47282BCB54088DD

For more versions of hboots including hacked ones check out ramjet73's post here.

Thank you to the AlphaRev & Unrevoked teams for getting us all S-OFF! I also want to say thank you to TeamWin for making the wait bearable by getting us root and to everyone who has spent time ripping this phone apart.
Also thanks go out to SolsticeZero for being a guinea pig and making sure it flashed correctly :)

Last edited:

vboyz103

Apr 9, 2006
Please specify the extra commands and what they do would be much appreciated.

Also, do we flash this via Recovery or fastboot (with flash recovery option??)

xHausx

Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
Please specify the extra commands and what they do would be much appreciated.

Also, do we flash this via Recovery or fastboot (with flash recovery option??)

A list of all the commands can be found here. To flash it you can rename it to PG86IMG and place it on your sdcard, then boot into the bootloader. Or, you can also flash through fastboot by using:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip PG86IMG_eng-hboot.zip

Reactions: tjlawson09

Bentenrai

Retired News Writer
Jan 16, 2010
East Coast Pimpin'
www.brpstudios.com
If it's the ENG can you post it?

It's the SHIP.

I'm sorry for being such a noob and now my dropbox upload won't be too much use but just for clarification (I only got dropbox to host this specific file since my websites ftp is acting screwy) how do I make like a hyperlink straight to the .img file in my dropbox so I can share it?

Dumb question lol I just never jumped on the dropbox bandwagon

EDIT: NVM, got it, one sec
EDIT 2: Okay gotta reup it, apparently deleting my public folder caused my issue. I'll be back with a hyperlink if anyone needs.

Last edited:

TMartin

Jun 30, 2008
Sunbury, Ohio
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
A list of all the commands can be found here. To flash it you can rename it to PG86IMG and place it on your sdcard, then boot into the bootloader. Or, you can also flash through fastboot by using:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip PG86IMG_eng-hboot.zip

Alpharev didn't include the extended fastboot commands in there hboot?? I thought they normally did that.

Bentenrai

Retired News Writer
Jan 16, 2010
East Coast Pimpin'
www.brpstudios.com
Did you say you had some of the eng apps installed? If so the system partition would be useful. Otherwise everything should already be included in the 1.13.651.7 RUU.

I'm not sure if I do or not, pretty sure not. But I might.. would I have got those apps from the OTA or should I look at a dump from before the OTA? Either way I'll make dumps of the individual partitions as well now that I got that freaking public folder working.

tjlawson09

Mar 27, 2011
St. Paul, MN
Thanks haus. Now I got eng. hboot root recovery and s=off! I know I've seen you in these threads since day one so I wanted to thank you first. This all made my day after a long one at work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that S-OFF is available we can use the eng bootloader to get extra fastboot commands. If you set S-ON for whatever reason you must flash a SHIP bootloader first or you will brick your phone. If you aren't sure if you need this or not odds are you probably don't, it can be extremely useful but it assumes you know what you are doing so it is much easier to brick your phone with it.

To flash either rename to PG86IMG, place on your sd card and then reboot to the bootloader; or you can use 'fastboot oem rebootRUU' followed by 'fastboot flash zip PG86IMG_eng-hboot.zip'. A list of the available commands can be found here.

hBoot 1.04.2000, mirror - MD5: 3348C361FED927DABB853E49744BD7F2

If you would like to go back to the SHIP one you can download it here. The process to flash it is the same except over USB you can do it straight from fastboot without RUU mode.
    PG86IMG_1.40-hboot - MD5: 1B994699EA226390B47282BCB54088DD

For more versions of hboots including hacked ones check out ramjet73's post here.

Thank you to the AlphaRev & Unrevoked teams for getting us all S-OFF! I also want to say thank you to TeamWin for making the wait bearable by getting us root and to everyone who has spent time ripping this phone apart.
    Also thanks go out to SolsticeZero for being a guinea pig and making sure it flashed correctly :)
    I am stuck in boot loop.

I was originally S-OFF and today I unlocked with htc unlock code. And flashed hboot just fine. I was running Stock unrooted ICS with probably all radios updated.:confused:

I am on HBOOT 1.04.2000 and Radio 1.09.00.0706. I still have PG86IMG.zip for eng-hboot and I am unable to get to fastboot menu to remove or replace with another hboot.

UPDATE:- Removed my SDCARD and booted into fastboot and ran following command which fixed it.

Code:
    fastboot flash zip PG86IMG_1.58-hboot.zip

Does this ENG Hboot only works on certain radio or firmware?
    The ICS 2.89 Based Kernels only boot on the 1.58 based Hboots. The VM ICS Leak Kernel and other custom kernels like anthrax and Buttered Toast will boot on any hboot. Certain Hboots only work with certain Rom/Kernel combos. See the Hboot Differences Thread in my signature (and the general section) for specific details.
    I already have a post in mpgrimm2's thread on bootloaders with all the bootloaders I've tested. The Revolutionary bootloader was just added for anyone that has a sentimental attachment to that. If xHausx wants to post them in this thread as well that's fine, but I just wanted to point out that they are already available in the General Forum.

Edit: Perhaps xHausx could put a link to the post in the General Forum on the OP of this thread to make it easier for him to update?

ramjet73

Link added to the first post
    Don't forget the new 1.58.5858 (Jbear for ics Sprint)

I already have a post in mpgrimm2's thread on bootloaders with all the bootloaders I've tested. The Revolutionary bootloader was just added for anyone that has a sentimental attachment to that. If xHausx wants to post them in this thread as well that's fine, but I just wanted to point out that they are already available in the General Forum.

Edit: Perhaps xHausx could put a link to the post in the General Forum on the OP of this thread to make it easier for him to update?

ramjet73
    Thanks Haus!

Did you already check to see if they included the extra commands??

Yep, they're all there. I would have loved to get the 1.40.2000 hBoot that was pictured a few days ago but this works fine for me so far. I am still using the ancient 0.76 hBoot on the 4G and never had any trouble with it.