[Recovery] RSD v5.5.0 and 5.5.184 (aka 5.6.890) fastboot partitions/flashable zip

Search This thread

MyNarwhalBacon

Nov 1, 2008
So-Cal
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Today I decided that my GPS problems stemmed from the build I was using from Moto. I decided to start over but found out with build .905, I could not use these files. I found a thread on rootwikiz, here: Source. However most of the links were broken. Psouza4 has a great unbricking pack you should use. All that you need should be in the zip in step 2. All credit goes to rootzwiki, Psouza4 and Djbliss

This will bring you to 5.6.890 even if you are on 5.5.959

Directions:

1. Charge phone to at least 50%.
  2. Download THIS (psouza4's 890 update script) | Mirror
  3. Extract the zip.
  4. Open "Flash Verizon DROID 3 OTA 5.6.890 to phone_psouza4" folder.
  5. Turn off phone.
  6. Slide out keyboard and hold down M and Power button.(this will get you into Boot Mode Selection Menu)
  7. Use Volume DOWN button to scroll the list down to "Recovery".
  8. Use Volume UP button to select "Recovery".(you should see the !▲ and Robot)
  9. Hold down Volume Up AND Volume Down.(this brings up the Recovery Menu)
  10. Use Volume DOWN to scroll the list to "Wipe data/factory reset".
  11. Use Power Button to select and once again to scroll down/select "Yes".
  12. After the wipe is done return to "Boot Mode Selection Menu"
  13. Slide out keyboard and hold down M and Power button.(this will get you into Boot Mode Selection Menu)
  14. Use Volume DOWN button to scroll the list down to "AP Fastboot".
  15. Use Volume UP button to select "AP Fastboot".
  16. Connect Droid 3 to PC using stock usb cable, if possible.(Your phone should say "USB Connected - OK to Program")
  17. Back on your computer Double Click "CLICK HERE - Flash Verizon DROID 3 OTA 5.6.890 to phone.bat".
  18. Sit back and enjoy as your phone is restored to 5.6.890.
  19. script will copy/move/write the files to your phone, while doing this the phone will look like nothing is happening.
  20. But as long as the command window gives an "OKAY" for each step you are good to go.
  21. Your phone will now go back into recovery after all the files are sent and written to the phone.
  22. It takes maybe 5 minutes to copy and write files to phone, then another 5-10 for the phone to flash the files.
  23. The subsequent boot will be longer than usual and you will be brought to the "Touch the Android/Programming Screen".

*This method was used by me after I got a "Flash Failure (s)" message in the AP Fastboot screen after a failed flash using RSDLite.
** You will lose all data and have to re-program to get back on Verizon
*** You will not lose any Internal SD Card data

Source

Other Stuff:
RSD5.5

Last edited:

Alex1123

Sep 12, 2010
Today I decided that my GPS problems stemmed from the build I was using from Moto. I decided to start over but found out with build .905, I could not use these files. I found a thread on rootwikiz, here: Source. However most of the links were broken. Psouza4 has a great unbricking pack you should use. All that you need should be in the zip in step 2. All credit goes to rootzwiki, Psouza4 and Djbliss

Directions:

2. Download THIS (psouza4's 890 update script)
  3. Extract the zip.
  5. Turn off phone.
  6. Slide out keyboard and hold down M and Power button.(this will get you into Boot Mode Selection Menu)
  13. Slide out keyboard and hold down M and Power button.(this will get you into Boot Mode Selection Menu)
  16. Connect Droid 3 to PC using stock usb cable, if possible.(Your phone should say "USB Connected - OK to Program")
  17. Back on your computer Double Click "CLICK HERE - Flash Verizon DROID 3 OTA 5.6.890 to phone.bat".
  19. script will copy/move/write the files to your phone, while doing this the phone will look like nothing is happening.
  20. But as long as the command window gives an "OKAY" for each step you are good to go.
  21. Your phone will now go back into recovery after all the files are sent and written to the phone.
  22. It takes maybe 5 minutes to copy and write files to phone, then another 5-10 for the phone to flash the files.
  23. The subsequent boot will be longer than usual and you will be brought to the "Touch the Android/Programming Screen".

*This method was used by me after I got a "Flash Failure (s)" message in the AP Fastboot screen after a failed flash using RSDLite.

Source

Other Stuff:
RSD5.5
i need the files but every link is either broken or capped at something below 50kbps anyone have a link to those files where you can download them at good speeds i cant wait 8 hours for this :/

Reactions: MinionOfEckerd

MyNarwhalBacon

Nov 1, 2008
So-Cal
Google Pixel 7 Pro
i need the files but every link is either broken or capped at something below 50kbps anyone have a link to those files where you can download them at good speeds i cant wait 8 hours for this :/

Unfortunately due to the size it is difficult to host it. I will add a mirror to netload.in which may have faster free speeds.

Netload.in Mirror
Mirror

Last edited:

exc4lib3r

Jan 15, 2011
Chicago
i used this method to get the phone back up and running again.. here's my problem..

when i connect to pc with usb debugging selected, i need drivers for diag interface and stuff.. i installed the latest windows 7 64-bit drivers.. whats the deal? i can't get adb to read it so i can't root it..

i have been reading and reading through forums and can't find a definitive answer.

any help guys?

y0himba

Sep 16, 2008
In a house.
www.y0himba.net
If I flash MavROM without safestrap and change my system files:

With the DX2, all one needs to do is hold vol down and power, scroll to RSD on the phone, then select the SBF in RSD Lite on my computer, then flash. Can the same be done with the D3? Use M and power to get to RSD then flash back to stock?

I have stock D3, rooted, radiocom hacked, no bootstrap or safestrap.

Also, has any used the V6 Supercharger with the D3?

ajgates92

Oct 17, 2011
Cleveland
If I flash MavROM without safestrap and change my system files:

With the DX2, all one needs to do is hold vol down and power, scroll to RSD on the phone, then select the SBF in RSD Lite on my computer, then flash. Can the same be done with the D3? Use M and power to get to RSD then flash back to stock?

I have stock D3, rooted, radiocom hacked, no bootstrap or safestrap.

Also, has any used the V6 Supercharger with the D3?

I have used the V6 supercharger before and it worked great!

D

Deleted member 3845934

Directions:

3. Extract the zip.
  5. Turn off phone.

Source

Other Stuff:
RSD5.5

Thank you so much. Saved my ass.

Thiago AmP

Dec 30, 2012
São Paulo
I have a XT860 here in Brazil (GSM). Will this upgrade mess with my radio signal? My phone sistem version is 5.2.440, very old yet... :confused:

Last edited:

grayson73

Jan 11, 2011
Potomac

Directions:

3. Extract the zip.
  5. Turn off phone.

Source

Other Stuff:
RSD5.5

I installed Safestrap and Minimoto on my Droid 3 and want to to back to stock. Are these instructions still current?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashable Zip:
    You will still be able to update if you flash this file.
    Software version: cdma_solana-user 2.3.4 5.5.1_84_D3G-55 110812 release-keysMDM6600BP_N_03.18.29P (Software and Radio versions in bold) aka Release version 5.6.890
    http://www.necrotania.com/Download/swu.zip
    MD5SUM: 09069555efc6c49b537f49db782a1c94
    Verizon/USA and production keys signed. It is not modified in any way. Hopefully it can help unbrick some people/prevent future bricking fears =)
    Attached file is the xml from the zip

Moto-fastboot
    You will need a different version of fastboot to flash larger files like the system.img. Moto-fastboot allows flashing files over 256 or so MB.
    Windows: Moto-fastboot for windows thanks to romracer. Direct Download Link
    Linux/Mac: Moto-fastboot for linux in several flavors thanks to eval-.

RSDLite 5.5.0:
    http://mophoforum.com/the2dcour/RSDLite5.5.rar RSDLite 5.5.0 Download
    It's a new version. I haven't seen a newer version posted though I think up to 5.5.x exists already.

DATE:May 12, 2011
    RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS:
    Support Support DIAG cmd process for Avon
    Support auto-switch on Solana and Targa
    Support flashing for new devices
    Support flashing large file with size more than 256M
    For those of you having problems flashing this and/or are suspicious of flashing ebr, mbr, and parts of the bootloader, you can selectively just flash the rest of it.

See attachment.
    For those who don't like the wait time/ticket system of file sharing websites, or those whos ISPs use transparent proxies, making it virtually impossible to use them, or even for those who want just a direct link, I have them on my dropbox, you'll probably get better bandwidth from it also.

The update:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/677635/swu.zip

RSDLite:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/677635/RSDLite5.4.4.msi

If you want anything (related to droid) downloaded from a file sharing site and added to dropbox for some reason just PM me.

Directions:

3. Extract the zip.
    5. Turn off phone.

Source

Other Stuff:
    RSD5.5
    And the short answer is yes...we can.

We are working on it as we speak. ;)