system update 2/13/2013

Search This thread

aheeejd

I flashed the new SwampMonster v1.01 this morning & I got notified of the update. Didn't do it though cause I didn't want to loose root. If someone were to do the update, because there's a new bootloader, wouldn't that person have to wait for someone to like make a new root tool, one click, or something??

SwampMonster =LJC

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

cbucz24

Jan 31, 2011
Central Florida
Someone posted that when you hover the spen over a folder, it gives you a preview.

Yea bro, there's about 1300 lines of new comitts in the shortened view. But most of it you would never notice.
I scrolled thru quickly and a lot was spelling corrections because without spell-check we are all idiots.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

maverick101

Sep 20, 2010
wisconsin
2013-02-13-15-40-16.jpg
I'm complete stock. I'm not really seeing any changes. I guess you can't make an awesome phone....more awesome.
Edit: guess it's more of a security fix update. Nothing wrong with that

Last edited:

icegurl

Feb 13, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
keyboard sounds?

View attachment 1727559
I'm complete stock. I'm not really seeing any changes. I guess you can't make an awesome phone....more awesome.
Edit: guess it's more of a security fix update. Nothing wrong with that

How do you disable the keyboard sounds? It was disabled before, but after the update, I can't seem to disable it anymore. There's a sound everytime I press a key and it's so annoying!

Adanedhels

Jun 3, 2010
Columbus
Ok just wondering I'm stock rooted and have ota root keeper can I run this update and simply restore root that way?

Or should I simply wait for a ma7 stock rooted rom?

rwilco is the zip update something to run with Odin or a custom recovery? And does the zip file include the modem kernel updates as well as the software?

Thanks
Adan

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

skinneejay

Feb 24, 2009
The OTA root keeper will not work on the NOTE. Just wait until someone post a MA7 Stock rooted ROM.

Ok just wondering I'm stock rooted and have ota root keeper can I run this update and simply restore root that way?

rwilco is the zip update something to run with Odin or a custom recovery? And does the zip file include the modem kernel updates as well as the software?

Thanks
Adan

Reactions: rwilco12

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator

Thanks
Adan

An update.zip can only be flashed through stock recovery and yes you will lose root. This does contain the modem and the kernel and is fairly easy to root.

sky1193

Apr 13, 2011
Tried flashing the update through the Samsung software update part of settings and tried manually flashing with stock recovery. Both failed since I'm rooted. Thought it might work because I'm stock rooted but it didn't. Anyone tried unrooting with exynos abuse? I see it has the option to. If I were to unroot with qbking's method everything is wiped and the update isn't worth all that mess. Will unrooting with exynos abuse keep me from losing my data and let me get the ota? Can you set titanium to backup to the sd card? Then I might be willing to wipe for the update.

Beamed from my stock rooted Sprint Note II

Last edited:

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Tried flashing the update through the Samsung software update part of settings and tried manually flashing with stock recovery. Both failed since I'm rooted. Thought it might work because I'm stock rooted but it didn't. Anyone tried unrooting with exynos abuse? I see it has the option to. If I were to unroot with qbking's method everything is wiped and the update isn't worth all that mess. Will unrooting with exynos abuse keep me from losing my data and let me get the ota? Can you set titanium to backup to the sd card? Then I might be willing to wipe for the update.

I odined back to ljc with the keep data option.. ran the update than used the toolkit to root. Busybox and twrp.. so here I am with update and my data. Really nothing new here to write home about that I can see.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

lennykravitz2004

Feb 21, 2012
Where'd you go to high school?
It's a matter of personal preference. MA5 and MA7 seem to be identical to me.

Thanks. IIRC, I thought AndreiLux was a bit more emphatic a couple of months ago about this exploit being a REAL issue (discussed in his Perseus thread). So much so, that he removed links to older kernels, including his own. Having said that, last thing I'd do is speak for him (or even appear to try to speak for him) on this. Just trying to jog the 'ol memory and the "XDA history" of this exploit.

Otherwise, seems some small bugs need to be worked out still? In the Play Store thread, looks like that's a tad wonky now, as well a couple/few other things???

"Out of curiosity"... how much of what's been done here on XDA has been included in later builds, such as the danweb 15-in-1 toggle mod? Point being... I see the danweb 15-in-1 toggle mod out here, and then the exact same thing shows up in a later build. "Coincidence"? :laugh: Maybe there IS something to this tinfoil hat... Obviously, I have no idea where the Samsung Devs get their "inspiration".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MA7 is 4.1.2 and contains the Exynos exploit patch as well as a new bootloader.
    Not sure what the bootloader change is about.
    You have to be unrooted and on a stock Ljc rom

Rockin it from my macknote2

I odined back to ljc with the keep data option.. ran the update than used the toolkit to root. Busybox and twrp.. so here I am with update and my data. Really nothing new here to write home about that I can see.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Someone posted that when you hover the spen over a folder, it gives you a preview.