[Q] Play Store 4.5.10 Bug

Search This thread

mobilequest

Nov 8, 2011
Hello guys,

I recently bought a S4 and overall I'm really happy with it. The thing is that I have this strange bug in the play store since I first opened it. If I go to any section e.g. the games section and swipe down the list some app icons aren't loading. The place were the picture is supposed to be just stays blank. Actually it's even happening in the frontpage when i swipe down. I checked my wifi but it's also happening with mobile connection.

I also cleared the cache and data but nothing worked until I deinstalled the store updates. That downgraded the play store to version 4.3.11 and surprisingly the bug was gone :confused: So is this a common thing in the 4.5.10 version or does my S4 suffer from a strange bug?

juwqjp.png
30kstcg.png

Last edited:

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
Do you have an ad blocker running or a modified hosts file? These can cause this issue with play store

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app

mobilequest

Nov 8, 2011
No ad blocker is running and I didn't modify anything but like I said, strangely enough the bug is gone with the 4.3.11 version. As soon the play store updates itself to the 4.5.10 version, it's there again. Could this be a hardware bug?

ThuGzta

Jan 20, 2014
Can no one help? :( Seems like I'm the only one with this problem. Should I return my S4?

I am having the same problems with my S4 Mini. Sometimes this happens. But it seems clearing cache helps. But most of the times the same old thing happens. Maybe if some one helps you here, I would take those steps on my Mini! Cheers.

mobilequest

Nov 8, 2011
I am having the same problems with my S4 Mini. Sometimes this happens. But it seems clearing cache helps. But most of the times the same old thing happens. Maybe if some one helps you here, I would take those steps on my Mini! Cheers.

I described this problem in another forum and apparently this is not only happening with the S4. Someone with a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 has also this bug or like you with the S4 mini. So I think this has something to do with samsungs stock rom. No one could give me a solution tho so I think we have to wait for the next store update and hope that it will fix it :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: ThuGzta

N10AP

Nov 21, 2011
Nottingham
I described this problem in another forum and apparently this is not only happening with the S4. Someone with a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 has also this bug or like you with the S4 mini. So I think this has something to do with samsungs stock rom. No one could give me a solution tho so I think we have to wait for the next store update and hope that it will fix it :fingers-crossed:

Have you tried clearing app data, removing Google acco9unt, rebooting and re-entering details to see if it clears the problem?

KingOfDope

I have it to :highfive: I think its just the play store. Or maybe our internet is not so fast.
btw i have 60mb/s download speed and 5mb/s upload speed :/ so i think its play store

Last edited:

mobilequest

Nov 8, 2011
I have it to :highfive: I think its just the play store. Or maybe or internet is not so fast.
btw i have 60mb/s download speed and 5mb/s upload speed :/ so i think its play store

Yeah I also think it's the play store but it can't be the store only because otherwise everybody would have this bug. Let's just hope it will get fixed soon :)

mhajii210

Sep 19, 2011
Play Store bug here too

Hello guys,

I recently bought a S4 and overall I'm really happy with it. The thing is that I have this strange bug in the play store since I first opened it. If I go to any section e.g. the games section and swipe down the list some app icons aren't loading. The place were the picture is supposed to be just stays blank. Actually it's even happening in the frontpage when i swipe down. I checked my wifi but it's also happening with mobile connection.

I also cleared the cache and data but nothing worked until I deinstalled the store updates. That downgraded the play store to version 4.3.11 and surprisingly the bug was gone :confused: So is this a common thing in the 4.5.10 version or does my S4 suffer from a strange bug?

juwqjp.png
30kstcg.png

I'm glad I stumbled onto this post! I'm using a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 and I'm having the exact same problem since the Play Store updated itself to version 4.5.10. I cleared the apps cache and data and the problem always returns. Have you guys found any solution yet? If so please let others know! I tested things on my Nexus 7 tablet and my tablet does not have this problem so it's definitely a minor bug with the latest update running on certain Samsung ROMs. I posted here asking others about it http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2628266

mhajii210

onepoint

Nov 28, 2007
Having the same issue on a Moto X. The problem only occurs over cellular connection (Verizon LTE); wifi is fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.