[DEV][ICS+SENSE][Mar.20.2012]HTC One V development[Source+RUU]

Search This thread

Hero

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
So I fixed the fatal error that had to do with libc, but have encountered another... If anyone can help determine what file needs to be edited then that would be greatly appreciated.

Code:
W/dalvikvm(   90): Exception Ljava/lang/NoSuchMethodError; thrown while initializing Landroid/database/sqlite/SQLiteDatabase;
E/SqliteDatabaseCpp(   90): Can't find SQLiteDatabase.mNativeHandle
E/AndroidRuntime(   90): Unable to register all android natives

I really just don't know where SqliteDatabaseCpp is located

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
So I fixed the fatal error that had to do with libc, but have encountered another... If anyone can help determine what file needs to be edited then that would be greatly appreciated.

Code:
W/dalvikvm(   90): Exception Ljava/lang/NoSuchMethodError; thrown while initializing Landroid/database/sqlite/SQLiteDatabase;
E/SqliteDatabaseCpp(   90): Can't find SQLiteDatabase.mNativeHandle
E/AndroidRuntime(   90): Unable to register all android natives

I really just don't know where SqliteDatabaseCpp is located

I did a bit of searching. I think sqlitedatabasecpp is actually part of core.jar in /system/framework. I have doubts about trying to replace it.

Try replacing the libsqlite_jni.so first and then libsqlite.so if the first doesn't work (from evervolv).

It's also possible that what was done to fix the libc error or at least get rid of the error caused the new error.

Just checking but you didn't try deodexing the ROM did you?

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
I did a bit of searching. I think sqlitedatabasecpp is actually part of core.jar in /system/framework. I have doubts about trying to replace it.

Try replacing the libsqlite_jni.so first and then libsqlite.so if the first doesn't work (from evervolv).

It's also possible that what was done to fix the libc error or at least get rid of the error caused the new error.

Just checking but you didn't try deodexing the ROM did you?

I did deodex it. I'm starting over on a new build a completely new build. So far I've rewritten the framework.jar (to remove the libc.so error) and the ramdisk. I'll check out core.jar and see if there is anything I can fix. And I agree with you, I think fixing the libc caused these new errors and it's going to keep on going like that (domino effect), but it seems as though we are going to have to rewrite as much of the framework as possible to get this to work :/

...just gotta find out where the files are lol. I'll look into the core.jar now

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
I did deodex it. I'm starting over on a new build a completely new build. So far I've rewritten the framework.jar (to remove the libc.so error) and the ramdisk. I'll check out core.jar and see if there is anything I can fix. And I agree with you, I think fixing the libc caused these new errors and it's going to keep on going like that (domino effect), but it seems as though we are going to have to rewrite as much of the framework as possible to get this to work :/

...just gotta find out where the files are lol. I'll look into the core.jar now

Deodex should be fine as long as it's using the new api level 15 as that one dev mentioned (I knew nothing about that beforehand).

What do you mean by re-writing the files?

Also the files I mentioned in my previous post are /system/lib.

Reactions: Hero

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
Deodex should be fine as long as it's using the new api level 15 as that one dev mentioned (I knew nothing about that beforehand).

What do you mean by re-writing the files?

Also the files I mentioned in my previous post are /system/lib.

I mean just editing the code in the .smali files in the .jar files. I'm changing it up so that it works with the port and produces the least number of errors.

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
I was unable to find sqlitedatabasecpp in core.jar so I think I'm just going to look through more of the .jar files. the sqlitedatabasecpp error still remains as the only error despite swapping the lib files

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
I was unable to find sqlitedatabasecpp in core.jar so I think I'm just going to look through more of the .jar files. the sqlitedatabasecpp error still remains as the only error despite swapping the lib files

It wouldn't be in core.jar as that file name. Core.jar just has Java stuff. Unless you meant the smali file.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tribulattifather

Apr 23, 2009
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
Guys, I am going on spring vacation with the family for a week. I'll be able to keep updated on what you all are doing just will only have my phone with me so I won't be able to help til i'm back.

Thanks again,

Brad.

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA

its a common misconception that one v kernel source will make a difference...it really wont for the vast majority of rom porters....i suppose its possible (though unlikely) that some kernel dev can pull and backport some stuff

but its not gonna magically fix things

the phones that will eventually have the most functional (or already have them) sense 4 ports are ones that have or will get official ics from htc/carriers and get source for 3.xx kernels

the best that non official ics htc phones can do is probably the current state of say the dhd/msm7x30 ports using the .35 kernels

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
If I get time this week ill take a look at this... But I'm almost 90% sure it'll never boot on the older hw.... If it does boot what it will take to boot it will make it so unstable that it won't be usable at all, but ill check it out for you guys

Sent from my OnE XxX using Tapatalk

That's unfortunate to hear :(

Well anyway, I've been trying really hard to get this to work, but have continuously ended up at dead ends. In any case, do you perhaps know what this error is related to? Framework.jar?

Code:
W/dalvikvm(  840): No implementation found for native Landroid/content/res/AssetManager;.setConfigurationForHtc (IILjava/lang/String;IIIIIIIIIIIIIII)V
W/dalvikvm(  840): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown while initializing Landroid/database/sqlite/SQLiteDatabase;
E/SqliteDatabaseCpp(  840): Can't find SQLiteDatabase.mNativeHandle

Newt

Jan 29, 2011
New Castle
HTC U11
HTC U11+
That's unfortunate to hear :(

Well anyway, I've been trying really hard to get this to work, but have continuously ended up at dead ends. In any case, do you perhaps know what this error is related to? Framework.jar?

Code:
W/dalvikvm(  840): No implementation found for native Landroid/content/res/AssetManager;.setConfigurationForHtc (IILjava/lang/String;IIIIIIIIIIIIIII)V
W/dalvikvm(  840): Exception Ljava/lang/UnsatisfiedLinkError; thrown while initializing Landroid/database/sqlite/SQLiteDatabase;
E/SqliteDatabaseCpp(  840): Can't find SQLiteDatabase.mNativeHandle

Yea its looking for a lib that you musta changed... That's the problem see you need to use certain libs to boot on the inc that will not work on the new native structure... It would take someone who is a lib genius to patch the inc dependant libs to have the methods that this Rom is looking for

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
Yea its looking for a lib that you musta changed... That's the problem see you need to use certain libs to boot on the inc that will not work on the new native structure... It would take someone who is a lib genius to patch the inc dependant libs to have the methods that this Rom is looking for

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Hmm okay. That's a little bit of a problem for me though since I don't exactly know what libs to change. Mostly trial and error...

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tell you what guys ill boot this thing for you but you guys will have to support it... I have way to much going on right now to support it, but I will boot it if you want?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Original APP folder from most current leak::

App Folder

Original Framework folder from most current leak::

Framework Folder

Tiny's One_V Port so far:
    (Boots to the Bootanimation.)

Here is my logcat, maybe someone can figure it out. I'm taking a break for now:

logcat.txt

My current ROM is below.

sense-ics-inc.zip

Rom Update Utility:

RUU_PRIMO_U_ICS_40A_HTCCN_CHS_1.68.1400.2_Radio_20 .67.30.0831U_3831.15.00.28_M_release_254948_signed .exe

Run the RUU
    Wait a bit until the Rom Update Utility lets you press 'Next.'
    Don't press 'Next' though,
    Go to your Start Menu > Run > type in %temp%
    Now sort the folder by 'Date.'
    The first folder will be the folder that has a 'rom.zip' inside of it inside of the 2nd folder.

HTC_One_V_Ramdisk:

V_Ramdisk Download
    Whats up guys!! It's been a long time.
    I apologize for the delay in posting the port link. You'll have to forgive my internet. But, I assure you that the download is as fast as I can get it with my own server that I use.

EDIT: Port is on the next page --->

Just to make sure that everyone is on the same page - This port is NOT a working port.

It will flash to the DInc and it will install properly but it does not boot. And it is obvious why, lol, because we are still missing the piece to the puzzle to make a working kernel.

I hope that this will give you what you need to get this project I started the thrust in the right direction.

As for my method thus far, I am using the zImage from and AOSP ICS port with Ramdisk parts from the One_V.

Post Script - Today is my third year anniversary being apart of XDA. And I can only hope many more years to come.

CHEERS ALL!
    If I get time this week ill take a look at this... But I'm almost 90% sure it'll never boot on the older hw.... If it does boot what it will take to boot it will make it so unstable that it won't be usable at all, but ill check it out for you guys

Sent from my OnE XxX using Tapatalk