[ROM] Canibal ROM ICS - Alwinner Tablet

Search This thread

homecanibal

Nov 21, 2007
Hi there,

I create a rom that can be installable via Clockwork Mod recovery

This is for Allwinner Tablet with 1.3 mpx camera like MPMAN MID74C, Ployer Momo9, Ivew 760TPC

Prós:
- Overclocked to 1.2 Ghz (Can be unstable for few tablets)
- Unlocked Market
- Some essential apsp
- Faster
- Apex Launcher

How to Install:
- Nandroid Backup your rom
- Zip file to internal memory ou sd card
- Reboot recovery
- Wipe Data/Factory
- Install rom
- Reboot tablet
- After reboot, turn off tablet and enter to recovery again
- Install Canibal Script
- Reboot tablet again

Bugs:
- Apel Launcher look weird, reduce row to 5 and columns to 6 in landscape and 6 rows and 5 columns in portrait

Download and more infos:
You can see here

Thanks to:
eyeoncomputer for the script
eduardogouveia for testing this rom

Best Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: gabiju

steph0616

Dec 23, 2010
hi
thanks

the link is broken : "A página que estava a procurar no blogue não existe."

help ^^

cbh17000

Oct 27, 2010
Good rom

I Come to install, great job! I have access to the applications that I could have before the flash. only minor problems, it was impossible to launch ClockworkMod by the key combination, require to do so by DOS, and in the ClockworkMod no way back to the main menu command to reboot, then press power button on the long .

thank you for this rom that promises in the future. ;)

homecanibal

Nov 21, 2007
I Come to install, great job! I have access to the applications that I could have before the flash. only minor problems, it was impossible to launch ClockworkMod by the key combination, require to do so by DOS, and in the ClockworkMod no way back to the main menu command to reboot, then press power button on the long .

thank you for this rom that promises in the future. ;)

hi there,

first thanks for testing my rom, glad that everything work.

send me your sun4i-keyboard.kl if you have from original rom, you can find it at /system/usr/keylayout

v2 very soon, in tests...

keverall

Feb 14, 2011
London
MID74C root

How do I root the MID74C MpMan tablets please?

I'd like to install and test your rom but I can't see how to reboot to recovery or how to install and get clockwork mod installed without root access first?

thanks,

Kev.

homecanibal

Nov 21, 2007

I'd like to install and test your rom but I can't see how to reboot to recovery or how to install and get clockwork mod installed without root access first?

thanks,

Kev.

If you have stock rom, it's rooted!

At my blog, you can download the clockworkmod and in zip file, you have the instructions.

To access to stock recovery or clockworkmod recovery you have to press menu button and power button for 2/3 sec and release them both.

best regards

Reactions: keverall

keverall

Feb 14, 2011
London
no root

I just got my mpman today it has android 4.0.3 on it, I tried to install clockworkmod, titanium pro and superuser on it but all of them lock up and do not respond.

I don't seem to have root access.

from about tablet -

modelnumber - MID
andriod version - 4.0.3
kernel version 3.0.8+ shen@compiler #1
build number 20120321v721-0.5.3

Press and holding the off and menu buttons for a few seconds only give me the option to shut down, i cant see reboot to recovery. When i try to reboot to recovery or backup from rom manager it reboots but doesnt go into recovery at all.

keverall

Feb 14, 2011
London
menu + power does nothing, but when i do volume up + power i get a boot up cid with a spinning dectagram but then i get the download mode error screen where cid lies down with his front flap open and a big red triangle with an exclamation mark in the centre.

I did get into what looked like bios or stock recovery once but it was in chinese. Not much use since i dont read chinese. Was this it?

Thanks for your help on this.

Kev.

DynaMight

Apr 13, 2006
Installed and working fine here. Keep up the good work!

P.S. My tab is a NATPC Primatab, which appears to be identical to the MPMan MID74C. Everything works as it should.

huski

Jan 16, 2010
Signature verification failed

Installation aborted with error: signature verification failed
Same error by CWM Recovery and Cannibal rom.

Any idea,
thanks

modelnumber - MID74C
andriod version - 4.0.3
kernel version 3.0.8+ qgb@inet #18
build number 97F2-R1-H1-H01-1784.20120407

keverall

Feb 14, 2011
London
DynaMight where did you get your tablet from? I got mine from gizzmoheaven.com, maybe there are different models in the UK?

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

I got root working :)

Installed superuser from play store then updated the su binary and rebooted. Rom manager and titanium now have root access.

I still havent figured out how to install clockwork mod yet as from rom manager it say MID is unsupported model and i have to install clockworkmod manually.

I should be able to install cm9 now hopefully after reading how to do it and playing diablo iii a while.

Thanks,

Kev

homecanibal

Nov 21, 2007
Installation aborted with error: signature verification failed
Same error by CWM Recovery and Cannibal rom.

Any idea,
thanks

modelnumber - MID74C
andriod version - 4.0.3
kernel version 3.0.8+ qgb@inet #18
build number 97F2-R1-H1-H01-1784.20120407

disable verification and will work..

DynaMight

Apr 13, 2006
One problem I found with your rom. I was getting lots of reboots/crashes, every 10mins or so. Noticed that the system rom partition was pretty much full up.

I deleted a few of the already updated apps like Maps/Apex/Youtube etc and got about 25MB free and I havent had a reboot since.

keverall

Feb 14, 2011
London
fectory reset every reboot

every time i reboot my tablet is doing a factory reset now.

How do I fix this? I thought i found vol+ and power as factory reset or something but now even when i just hold power button down to start I lose all apps, wifi passwords and everything.

Anyone seen this behaviour before?

homecanibal

Nov 21, 2007
One problem I found with your rom. I was getting lots of reboots/crashes, every 10mins or so. Noticed that the system rom partition was pretty much full up.

I deleted a few of the already updated apps like Maps/Apex/Youtube etc and got about 25MB free and I havent had a reboot since.

thks for the report, i will upload a v2 clean build..

How do I fix this? I thought i found vol+ and power as factory reset or something but now even when i just hold power button down to start I lose all apps, wifi passwords and everything.

you install script? everyone that doesnt install script have that problem...

Last edited:

keverall

Feb 14, 2011
London
i havent installed your script or rom yet, I will do, but I still cant boot into recovery. When I installed Superuser SU it broke my CWM recovery so now I cant boot to recovery.

I'm going to folow this guide I found youtube.com/watch?v=fATLTulwdQg hoping the IVIEW 760TPC is the US model of my mpman primatab. The livesuite this guy has should install cwm recovery and your rom, hopefully v2 when you complete it.

Thanks,

Kev.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

I create a rom that can be installable via Clockwork Mod recovery

This is for Allwinner Tablet with 1.3 mpx camera like MPMAN MID74C, Ployer Momo9, Ivew 760TPC

Prós:
    - Overclocked to 1.2 Ghz (Can be unstable for few tablets)
    - Unlocked Market
    - Some essential apsp
    - Faster
    - Apex Launcher

How to Install:
    - Nandroid Backup your rom
    - Zip file to internal memory ou sd card
    - Reboot recovery
    - Wipe Data/Factory
    - Install rom
    - Reboot tablet
    - After reboot, turn off tablet and enter to recovery again
    - Install Canibal Script
    - Reboot tablet again

Bugs:
    - Apel Launcher look weird, reduce row to 5 and columns to 6 in landscape and 6 rows and 5 columns in portrait

Download and more infos:
    You can see here

Thanks to:
    eyeoncomputer for the script
    eduardogouveia for testing this rom

Best Regards

thanks,

Kev.

If you have stock rom, it's rooted!

At my blog, you can download the clockworkmod and in zip file, you have the instructions.

To access to stock recovery or clockworkmod recovery you have to press menu button and power button for 2/3 sec and release them both.

best regards
    turn off tablet, then, menu + power button for 2/3 seconds and release...
    Installed and working fine here. Keep up the good work!

P.S. My tab is a NATPC Primatab, which appears to be identical to the MPMan MID74C. Everything works as it should.

thks for the report, i will upload a v2 clean build..

you install script? everyone that doesnt install script have that problem...