[REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JWR66Y / 4.3

Search This thread

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Well, i did replace it with the IMM76D one, still same issue.
I even reflashed 4.0.4 (IMM76D)'s system.img and I still can't get it to work.

Any ideas?

Are you using the recovery that I had linked to in my original post?

If not, flash that one. I can guarantee that one is compatible, but other one's may not work. The "touch" version of CWM will probably give you errors...

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Will this work on my GSM Galaxy Nexus ICL53F.I9250XWKL2 ?

anybody can help? :)

My GNEX won't get update to 4.0.3 or to 4.0.4 so I have to do it automatically..

Once I tried to flash that file when I had battery draining problems but in Clockworkmod it failed... so do i have to select install signed .zip or what? :D

I have to install CWM back to my phone then I try to flash it.. :)

and how I know what is my ROM is it yakju or what?
EDIT: my Gn is yakjuxw so there is no update for it? can I flash yakju update would it work?

Last edited:

kms108

Sep 16, 2007

My GNEX won't get update to 4.0.3 or to 4.0.4 so I have to do it automatically..

Once I tried to flash that file when I had battery draining problems but in Clockworkmod it failed... so do i have to select install signed .zip or what? :D

no

spaceman860

Jan 11, 2012

EDIT: my Gn is yakjuxw so there is no update for it? can I flash yakju update would it work?

Check this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626895

Sent from my Gnex {GSM}

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20

Correct. There is no update yet for yakjuxw.

Not correct. You cannot flash a yakju update on a yakjuxw build.

You can convert your build to yakju though. Keep in mind that it will wipe your data. Look at the link that spaceman860 posted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Carlos_Manuel

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
Correct. There is no update yet for yakjuxw.

Not correct. You cannot flash a yakju update on a yakjuxw build.

You can convert your build to yakju though. Keep in mind that it will wipe your data. Look at the link that spaceman860 posted.

OK Thanks!
I wait update for my GN because I don't want to brick my GN again.. :)

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
You didn't "brick" your GN before if you got it working. :) "Bricked" means you need to get it repaired... and to brick a GN is very difficult to do.

Ok, I messed it to up.. Battery draining problems was, now it's 100% working as it needs to work!

And I don't dare to flash other ROM to my Nexus if I don't make ROM dump for just in case..

:D

would it make something badder when I flash to YAKJU?

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Is there any possibility to get unofficial update to 4.0.3 for ICL53F.I9250XWKL2, It would be really nice to update yakjuxw to 4.0.3/4.0.4.. :)

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
If you follow the directions and do it properly, no.

No. There was never any 4.0.3 released. That was only an AOSP release, so there is no such thing as an update to 4.0.3 for any build, even yakju.

OK, Thanks again! :)

but when i have made a backup via cockworkmod then I can't restore the ROM when I have flashed other ROM via fastboot so is there any way possible to make the "phone ROM pull" to flashable ?(system folder) I also have to get boot.img and other files...
edit: so my GN original baseband is XXKK6 and when I flash IMM76I YAKJU then should I flash primek15 boot loader and XXKK6 baseband back?

Last edited:

efrant

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
OK, Thanks again! :)

but when i have made a backup via cockworkmod then I can't restore the ROM when I have flashed other ROM via fastboot so is there any way possible to make the "phone ROM pull" to flashable ?(system folder) I also have to get boot.img and other files...
If your bootloader is unlocked, you can boot CWM (fastboot boot cwm.img), create a backup (which included /system, /data and the boot and recovery images) in CWM, and transfer that to your PC. That is your full backup of your existing ROM.

Carlos_Manuel

Apr 28, 2011
Kuressaare
My battery life is not good on IMM76I YAKJU, only the best is YAKJUXW and OK was EaglesBlood 4.0.3 IML74K..

So, If I want to 4.0.3 or to 4.0.4 should I flash to YAKJUZS IMM76K or to YAKJUUX?

What different is with YAKJUUX, YAKJUZS and with YAKJUXW? :)

hboyer

error - status 7

Hi all,

when updating from icl53f to imm76i, but also with icl53f to imm76d, I get the following error - status 7

I use cwm for updating

phone is unlocked and rooted, no further specific changes!
yakju
signature verification off

see the attached picture!

thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_20120515_155830.jpg
    IMG_20120515_155830.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts