[Q] Do you think HTC logo could be a capacitive button?

Search This thread

poczynek

Jul 10, 2012
Sydney
Ok so with the M7 an amazing developer @tbalden was able to make the HTC logo a capacitive button. Anyone looked at the specs to see if it's possible with the m8? That bloody big black bezel has gotta be good for something!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GhastlyTT

Jan 19, 2013
Hampton
The logo was never capacitive on the m7. Logo menu was possible because a little bit of your finger made contact with the digitizer directly above the menu at the very edge of the bottom of the screen. I'm sure the genius devs we have will be just as creative with the m8.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HtcOneJon

epicfailguy2

Jan 3, 2009
Well in my opinion it's going to be much easier than on M7 because on my M8 i can :
- Scroll a landscape webpage just by moving my finger on the top 25-50% of the black bar.
- Wake up the phone by swiping grossly my thumb over the htc logo...

So yeah, this time it should be easy to encode buttons on the black bar and remove soft keys.

Reactions: poczynek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    They had to keep the black bar to allow room to fit the digitizers for the speakers.

Sent from my HTC Desire
    The logo was never capacitive on the m7. Logo menu was possible because a little bit of your finger made contact with the digitizer directly above the menu at the very edge of the bottom of the screen. I'm sure the genius devs we have will be just as creative with the m8.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Well in my opinion it's going to be much easier than on M7 because on my M8 i can :
    - Scroll a landscape webpage just by moving my finger on the top 25-50% of the black bar.
    - Wake up the phone by swiping grossly my thumb over the htc logo...

So yeah, this time it should be easy to encode buttons on the black bar and remove soft keys.