AutoKiller minfree manager

Search This thread

ratson

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2009
andrs.w3pla.net
OnePlus 11
Hi,

I have released my minfree manager. this app is designed to help make your phone run smoother

AutoKiller 0.8.2b

device1.png

Features:
- simple/advanced mode
- presets
- settings reapply on boot (no init file hacking, i use a service)
- pages/mb views

come on, check the main thread.

Last edited:

Vlad83

Aug 22, 2009
Miami
Thank you for the app.
I have a few suggestions:
-Presets are applied automatically without having to press apply. This is an inconvenient way to see what the settings are.
-The statistics should be uploaded before app exit when settings are finalized as opposed to each time a setting is applied. (When switching through presets this is a double whammy)
-When the keyboard is flipped on the G1 it resets, settings are applied, and the Start up dialog is displayed.

I have v .09
Keep up the good work!

scotte9999

Feb 22, 2008
San Diego
intrepid.warped.com
This software is really a godsend. I've never bothered with most of the "Task Killer" programs for exactly the reason AutoKiller was created: Android already has a way to manage memory.

Never occurred to me that the parameters were adjustable though, so thanks for thinking of it and making a useful utility!

zimphishmonger

Jun 4, 2009
Can we exclude apps from being killed, such as the Alarm Clock, etc? Super important for those of us that want to keep out jobs :)

rdgut

Apr 23, 2009
Clock shouldn't be killed by this automatic killer.
It should be one of the most important tasks on android.

Hepæstus

May 17, 2010
I would imagine that the idea of "excluding" apps fro this doesn't make any sense or is even feasible, since it isn't artificially killing apps, rather it is adjusting when Android kills apps, I guess you could add some sort of "keep in memory" option like most new launcher apps have but I doubt the efficacy of those options nor do I know if they can be set via an outside app or whether that must be coded into the app itself...

LexusBrian400

Mar 22, 2010
If its killing off apps you need and use frequently, it sounds like you should lower your presets a notch or two. ie. Optimal instead of Strict

AndyCr15

Apr 27, 2005
London, UK
www.lanarchy.co.uk
Thats fine, you do that. Some of us like that we can do as we wish with our phones to make them even faster.

Why would you even bother posting? Maybe iPhone is the device for you if you like things handed to you and you just take it? ;-)

mosamjc

Nov 7, 2007
Don't pick on the poor guy. I mean, come on-- he has like one of the only unrooted nexus one's in existence. That obviously makes him special in the shortbus sort of way and you simply cannot make fun of special people.

Oh, and I love autokiller. Keep up the good work, Ratson!

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Don't pick on the poor guy. I mean, come on-- he has like one of the only unrooted nexus one's in existence. That obviously makes him special in the shortbus sort of way and you simply cannot make fun of special people.

Oh, and I love autokiller. Keep up the good work, Ratson!

Yep, some people have real work to do with their phone, not install random things on it.. So far my "need to root" list is pretty short.

Shortbus.. Not even going to bother on that one.

mosamjc

Nov 7, 2007
I forgot, you're too busy trolling and making blackmoor uglier. If you don't like the guy's work, then gtfo because apparently several things are shorter than your list of reasons to root like your imagination, charm, and the micro mini between your legs that causes you to tear down legitimate work that apparently you don't understand. Google didn't engineer a one size fits all solution-- they created an ingenious flexible, scalable open source platform that could be modified into a near infinite combination of solutions to fit any need based on the requirements of oem, carrier, and the hardware itself.

madnish30

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
Can we get back on the topic?, which is the app. not who like what how.
Please do not flame each other.
No personal attacks on anyone will be tolerated here at XDA. Please read the Rules.
Here at XDA we believe, everyone has a right to be different; and there is no harm in being different.

If someone attacks somebodies personal choice, it won't be appreciated and will eventually get you into trouble.
So please lets concentrate on the application and not it's users' choices/preferances.

I hope all of you comply.

Madnish30.